YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 1046864 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread)
#381  February 07, 2016, 07:25:13 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
- Samus sometimes gets stuck in the air when she uses Wave Beam in the air.
I can't seem to replicate this one. Does the AI do this or can the user cause this to happen as well?

- Samus's Suit changes color when she uses the Missle on alternate palettes. (If this wasn't supposed to happen, please fix it.)
Yes that was meant to happen.

- Mario's Sprite sometimes disappears at the beginning of the Ultimate Power Hyper Move.
Noted, will be fixed.
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
#382  February 07, 2016, 07:38:24 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
The A.I. only can seem to do it, on Easy 1. Bomberman's kick also seems to push some characters out of the way rather than hurt them, like Simon.
#383  February 07, 2016, 08:14:39 pm
    • USA
Could you clarify on that a little more? (I'm not sure if you're referring to how Bomberman's kicks only seem to knock down or if his kicks aren't chaining properly)

EDIT: Just found what was wrong with Wave Beam and fixed it.
BGC Forums
Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:41:32 pm by KingPepe2010
#384  February 08, 2016, 01:59:54 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I'll try to get a .gif of it ASAP.

Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 02:15:12 am by MR. IBZS II
#385  February 08, 2016, 02:50:42 am
    • USA
...oh dear, well I just fixed that now. ._.
BGC Forums
#386  February 10, 2016, 01:10:11 am
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
Hey Pepe, Since this last alpha is all done, Aren't you going to work on coding Dig Dug and plan new characters? .3.
I don't know what you are talking about..

I'm not a furry at all. (´・ω・)
#387  February 10, 2016, 04:24:12 am
    • USA
That's basically what's going to happen. :P
I might release a bug fix patch this week as well, covering some of the bugs mentioned here as well as others.
BGC Forums
#388  February 13, 2016, 09:17:15 pm
    • USA
moar bug fixes
http://famicomfighters.mcjimmy.net/Famicom%20Fighters%20-%202-13-2016.zip

Mario
--------
-Doesn't disappear during Ultimate POWer

Samus
--------
-AI using ground version of Wave Beam in the air is fixed

Mega Man
--------
-Metal Blade can't infinite anymore.
-Elec Beam shouldn't hit twice up close now.

Simon
--------
-Taunting before the round ends will now let the round end properly.
-Helpers and Guard Attack can't be used when Medusa Heads are on screen

Ryu
--------
-When the opponent dies during soul splitter, Ryu will be behind the opponent.

Bomberman
--------
-Finally learned how to kick properly (aka Standing Light Kick vs. Simon shouldn't push him away)
-Remote Bomb disappears when switching

Etc.
--------
-Removed unused command off of the controls menu and fixed the Switch Character command.
BGC Forums
#389  February 15, 2016, 02:57:51 am
  • Damn, I live like this?
    • USA
I think Pac-Man could potentially work as a playable character. I know you said before his moveset would be limited, but that was before Smash Bros. I understand If you don't want to copy moves from Smash Bros, but I think that his smash moveset gives us a clear image of what alternative movesets could be. Pac-Man in Smash doesn't just represent himself, but Bandai Namco as a whole.

If you do consider Pac-Man as a playable character, I'd be willing the help with his moveset.
#390  February 15, 2016, 04:15:53 am
  • 北斗百裂拳!
    • USA
I think Pac-Man could potentially work as a playable character. I know you said before his moveset would be limited, but that was before Smash Bros. I understand If you don't want to copy moves from Smash Bros, but I think that his smash moveset gives us a clear image of what alternative movesets could be. Pac-Man in Smash doesn't just represent himself, but Bandai Namco as a whole.

If you do consider Pac-Man as a playable character, I'd be willing the help with his moveset.

He'd actually be better as a helper for Dig Dug. We talked about this in the thread.
I don't know what you are talking about..

I'm not a furry at all. (´・ω・)
#391  February 15, 2016, 06:07:42 pm
  • Damn, I live like this?
    • USA

He'd actually be better as a helper for Dig Dug. We talked about this in the thread.

Oh...

Kind if a disappointment to be honest, but then again it's probably for the better. Recently I found out the reason why Link isn't playable, so that completely blows the Smash Bros thing out of the water.

I think that Little Mac could be a good character, and you wouldn't even have to take from Smash Bros.
#392  February 16, 2016, 12:31:54 am
    • USA
Yeah, Little Mac has a huge chance of getting in. He seems he could work well as a fighter even without using his Smash Bros. moveset.
(Although please save character requests for the character request topic!)
BGC Forums
Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:26:40 am by KingPepe2010
#393  February 21, 2016, 05:23:32 pm
  • New to mugen but first character was a hit.
    • Canada
    • theultimatebrawlmaster@gmail.com
Hey kingpepe long time no see. This may come as a surprise to you but when I usually download famicom fighters I download it from this topic and I get a virus warning but when I went to your DA and download it I have no problems. So what the heck exactly. It is just weird. Btw I found a problem with bomberman. Whenever he uses his destruction move from a few pixels off he gets stuck in the grabbing animation. If you have time to fix the bug that would be great please and thank you.
16 bit Sonic all the way for creating!
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:54:42 am by nesmaster
#394  February 22, 2016, 03:07:20 am
    • USA
...that virus problem sounds strange. It's the same link on both sites.

For Bomberman, did the move itself actually hit? If so, which opponent were you using?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind on that. Just found it and I'm working on a fix.
BGC Forums
Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:16:08 am by KingPepe2010
#395  February 23, 2016, 12:24:24 am
    • Canada
...that virus problem sounds strange. It's the same link on both sites.

For Bomberman, did the move itself actually hit? If so, which opponent were you using?

EDIT: Wait, nevermind on that. Just found it and I'm working on a fix.

great. Anyways I hope you get dig dug finished soon. I bet he will be awesome. By the way at Samus' pause menu at her supers screen it shows mario's supers commands. You think you could fix it so it would display Samus' commands? Thank you
Btw...if you DO have time on your hands and if you want to you could help me with Link. I could use some help with coding, sprites and maybe some commands.
Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:54:18 am by nesmaster
#396  February 25, 2016, 04:12:10 pm
    • USA
By the way at Samus' pause menu at her supers screen it shows mario's supers commands. You think you could fix it so it would display Samus' commands? Thank you

...shit I thought I fixed that before I sent out the build. I guess not. ._.
I'll probably get a new bug fix patch out by this Friday then.
BGC Forums
#397  February 25, 2016, 06:59:46 pm
  • A foosball to the face!
    • USA
    • fretterg@gmail.com
Sometime in the future, I might like to take a look at the AI of this game, once one of my Brawl Modding Projects are finished. ;)
#398  February 26, 2016, 06:15:00 pm
    • USA
BGC Forums
#399  February 28, 2016, 06:07:36 pm
    • Canada
Hey kingpepe. The project is awesome so far. Anyways I managed to get dig dug's animations to work along with his palette. It was simple actually. All I needed to do was take "Down deep" from super famicom fighters, edit his palette and animations to make it look exactly like the dig dug that still has 8% progress on there. I did not edit any of the sprites to make it look like that he is walking or running so sorry that I got lazy. Anyways here are some screenshots!

the first 2 images were just the actual helper bars. The 3rd image is that I just modified it to look like that.
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:50:42 pm by nesmaster
#400  May 28, 2016, 04:42:20 pm
    • USA
For anyone that tried to download the game before and couldn't, the download link has been updated. Sorry for the wait!

Anyways, for anyone wondering about its current progress, I'm doing some code revamping regarding some of the characters and as I posted a few times, some of the characters have new moves. Also, I'm currently changing the helper system at the moment. Here's how it will work:
-Helpers don't use up meter from the power bar. However, that helper power bar fills up like the normal power bar (even using the power charge will fill it) Helpers themselves will use up a fraction of the helper bar (or the full bar).
-Some helpers will be able to take more hits and some might even go down in two hits instead of the usual 3. (EX with Mario: Luigi will only take two hits to be defeated, Link will now take 5 hits)
BGC Forums