YesNoOk

Advanced Color Separation Commission Thread (Read 27275 times)

Started by Nate, May 22, 2023, 05:09:26 am
Advanced Color Separation Commission Thread
#1  May 22, 2023, 05:09:26 am
    • USA

Heyo. You probably know me, I've been around the block before. I wanted to do this because I think I have a lot of experience when it comes to Color Separations, but also because I haven't really seen it done on a commission basis before. Basically, if you need a color separation done for you, expanding upon an existing CS, or even having help with one you are working on, I will provide for you. Here is the pricing and guidelines for commissioning:

Pricing:

Pricing will vary depending on:
-Complexity of the character
-The character in general
-Black lines
-Complexity of the CS
-Effects and SFF organization

Cost:

-Simple CSes are $20 to $40
-Complex CSes are up to my decision, but just know it will be pricier.

I am also open to negotiations as well, like said in pricing, all of that can decide a price depending on what you guys want.

Basically, if you provide me, say for example, an organized SFF with an organized palette table, the character isn't too complex and the Color separation you want is simple? It will be cheaper for you, and easier for me of course since I have a clear guideline, but if you need an SFF organized, you want effects, the character is complex, etc.? It will be pricier.

Guidelines:

-My main characters I will Color Separate is Capcom and SNK characters (CvS2, CPS2, KOF, Real Bout, Neo Geo Pocket, etc.), though I am open to characters outside of those respective series if I am interested enough to do so. I don't do Hi-Res sprites (KOF 13, NGBC XBox, etc.), as they provide too much of a pain.

-If the SFF and/or Palette table is way too disorganized that I would put more work into organizing it, it will be an additional $20 dollars.

Here are some of the works I have done:

DM me here or on discord at Nate-O#4804 (nateo4804 due to the new way they are setting up usernames) if you're interested. I hope my services can be of help to the community!
Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 11:02:30 pm by Nate
Re: Advanced Color Separation Commission Thread
#2  May 22, 2023, 07:08:18 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Hi, unfortunately too poor to be a customer but I'd like to say a few things.

1. These separations are fucking fire, dude, holy shit. They look gorgeous. I absolutely love what you've accomplished here. Mad respect from me. Are any of them available to download, if I may ask?

2. I've been doing a lot of color separating myself recently (just did over 1300 sprites in the last week alone lol), and though I've found a sort of "rhythm" for it, sometimes I get stuck. I set daily goals for myself to help make the process go smoother. Wondering if you have any advice for a budding CS-er?

3. I hope you get a fuck ton of customers if this is the gorgeous quality of work you're offering. I will definitely spread your name around if anyone's in need of a patch.
#3  May 22, 2023, 02:46:01 pm
    • USA

Hi, unfortunately too poor to be a customer but I'd like to say a few things.

1. These separations are fucking fire, dude, holy shit. They look gorgeous. I absolutely love what you've accomplished here. Mad respect from me. Are any of them available to download, if I may ask?

2. I've been doing a lot of color separating myself recently (just did over 1300 sprites in the last week alone lol), and though I've found a sort of "rhythm" for it, sometimes I get stuck. I set daily goals for myself to help make the process go smoother. Wondering if you have any advice for a budding CS-er?

3. I hope you get a fuck ton of customers if this is the gorgeous quality of work you're offering. I will definitely spread your name around if anyone's in need of a patch.

Thank you very much for the kind words, I very much appreciate it. If I can say, what usually helps me with CSing, is organization and taking my time. If an sff you are using is organized and the palette table is also concise, it makes CSing a whole ton easier. Disorganization can usually lead to taking much more time on a CS, atleast for me,  which is also why i also am offering to do sff organizations as well. I also find that taking my time on something can really help benefit how many sprites I can do at a time. If I rush through things, I get burnt out and want to take a break, so I make sure that each sprite is CSed correctly before I move on. Even though it's "slower," it gets done faster if it makes sense.

If you can spread the word, it would be much appreciated, much love ❤️
#4  June 13, 2023, 04:27:30 am
    • USA

I adjusted pricing a bit, should be easier for some.

-Simple CSes are now $20 to $40, rather than $30 to $50, due to hearing some advice from others
-Advanced CSes will still be up to me, though remember, it can be less costly for you for following the guidelines

As before, if you are still interested in having some color separations done for you, shoot me a DM either here or on my Discord
#5  June 13, 2023, 02:48:36 pm
    • Argentina
One question, the commission is for one sprite only?
#6  June 13, 2023, 10:59:05 pm
    • USA

#7  June 14, 2023, 12:04:18 am
    • Argentina
that sounds like a good deal, I'll think about that, I wanted to do a char of Bob Wilson but I don't know how to do the CS on him.
#8  June 14, 2023, 12:07:38 am
    • USA

that sounds like a good deal, I'll think about that, I wanted to do a char of Bob Wilson but I don't know how to do the CS on him.

alright. Whatever you may got in the future, hit me up. just remember that for more extensive csing, the pricing will be more expensive than simple csing
#9  January 30, 2024, 02:38:55 am
    • USA

Hey all, been a while! Just updating to let you know I got my first comm! This is for Ibuki from SF3, by Ryu of BBB x SF fame! Here are a few anims I've completed so far

Openings for commissions are still available for those that are interested!
#10  February 25, 2024, 12:18:18 am
    • USA
Hi There - I just sent you an email request about a commission job.