YesNoOk

Serious Kyo Kusanagi (Read 53107 times)

Started by Elix, July 16, 2007, 03:15:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: Serious Kyo Kusanagi
#301  May 27, 2011, 05:13:49 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
Hey, everyone, it's been a while. It's been such a while, in fact, that I at last feel the desire to continue this character. In the past few years the feeling of regret has been my guest whether I thought about my only unfinished MUGEN project. Not just because I've failed to meet some expectations I've managed to arise here. But because this project, Serious Kyo, is one of the things that are left unfinished in my life. I've put so much time and effort in it and couldn't keep myself interested long enough to finish it. And that is one trait I want to get rid of.

Three years have passed and with my new experiences I have new ideas as to where this character should go. I don't care about the stuff I made up in the first post anymore (about Ken Masters and kicking techniques). The new concept behind Serious Kyo is ("Why so Serious?"):

"Did you ever wonder how in heaven Kyo Kusanagi has been able to beat Rugal Bernstein? Or should I say was being able to beat him every time since 1994 till 2002 whenever he stood in the way? Because if you look at them and compare gameplay-wise, Rugal is one broken piece of a character with uber attacks such as Genocide Cutter and Kaiser Wave, and Kyo is GIMP. "Then it must be that, you know. Good guys always win, screw plot justifications", one might think. Well, that's one way of thinking. Another one is basically what this character's idea is. Kyo Kusanagi is F*ing STRONG when he becomes serious and is able to fight on common ground with Rugal when he's up to it."

The character's main feature is this mode which is called 'Serious Kyo', introducing fully new gameplay to Kyo, with different and powered up normals, different specials (with some of his previous DMs as specials) and new DMs. He's to be treated as a KOF Boss character because he'll be balanced accordingly.

Serious Kyo won't be the only mode for this character, there will be 12 modes overall, including classic 94, 2002, XI, EX Kyo, Kusanagi etc.

The character itself is being made basing on KOF XI gameplay with as much accuracy as possible.

As of now I'm rusty with MUGEN code and require the assistance of those willing to give it. First I'll need to know what has changed since last MUGEN beta was around. Because now it's MUGEN 1.0 and all. Should I start off by reading new MUGEN documentation? And things I should be aware of when converting him to 1.0 version?

First thing for me to do is mode selection screen. I have the concept in mind and know how it should look and feel but I still don't know how to realize it. After I've done that, it's Y HitVels. I hope Vans will be of assistance here because I haven't been able to find out correct Y Vels and acceleration values of KOF XI.
Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 05:24:38 pm by Elix
#302  May 27, 2011, 05:40:05 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nice to see you back to track, I was looking forward to Kyo.

What Mugen 1.0 allows is:
- palette change on the fly, so you can have more than 12 palettes for EACH mode. This makes use of sffv2, which Will be easy to use once FF3 is out.
- AI activation is 100% reliable.
- For changes compared to winmugen, there's a page in the docs at elecbyte's site, and also in the tuto section here. Some changes in def file and hitdefs.

Good luck.
#303  May 27, 2011, 05:48:40 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
Wow. WOW! I have to think of the possibilities. :D (like Kyo turning into buffed Kusanagi with an HSDM aka Orochi Leona...)
Does it mean I don't have to use WinAne's AI activation states anymore?
#304  May 27, 2011, 06:05:09 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
You don't, AILevel can do the job of detecting when the AI is and isn't in control much more easily, and that in turn makes it a lot easier to tell the AI how to use moves. No more false positives.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#305  May 27, 2011, 06:21:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You can look at ryu mvc1, Rajaa's Rogue wip and Kamekaze's Sagat for examples of palette change.
Also, the AI is scalable depending on the difficulty settings in the options.