YesNoOk

Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP (Read 62505 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, March 09, 2015, 05:27:08 am
Share this topic:
Re: Zorf Giudecca Sprite WIP
#21  March 27, 2015, 07:47:12 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
trying the fixes you give me advice and a "new" idea, something like a stomp (if that's the word)

now I have to edit them and clean them, but that's something I think I'm gonna do in photoshop to see them as layers and animated (I want every animation as fluid as possible, something like his standing)

I used to edit all my stuff on fighter factory, but since the editor needs to be open to every single image, I'm not comfortable and used to it

hard kick idea    ------ stom light kick idea

I think both look better in game, but anyways, they noe need pixel by pixel edits (that comes later)

-----------------------------------

also, I did a few retouches to the walk animation, mostly the face, yes I did change the face again, but I think this is the last time I change the face there xD

still unfinished, but I'm going to make it less static, a few more movement will be seen, not sure if would be a good idea to use nearly the same animation as walk backwards or animate the last one made...

anyways, here is what I got so far

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:19:47 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#22  March 27, 2015, 12:23:01 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Goddamn, those clothes are insanely smooth. Even just looking at his sleeve is already amazing enough to me.

Shit
#23  March 28, 2015, 02:55:43 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm having a really hard time with my Pc charger power adapter... it kinda works but it doesn't...

So, I might be a bit slower this 2 weeks because I'm 100% sure one of this days the Pc will not retain charge until I get another AC adapter, and I just ordered one like 3 days ago from Hong Kong, so might take 2 weeks...

Anyways... added a few frames to the animations, every sprite needs to be fixed, but at least I nearly got what I wanted, hard kick would be a bit more "hard" once I start to edit the complete animation, maybe 1 more frame would be added to add face expression on it, stomp os looking pretty cool in game, once they are edited completely surely they will be awesome to see :D

I hope the adapter comes sooner than expected because right now I'm not using it, it was plugged and hot as hell, I had to unplug the damn thing

Don't pay attention to his feets, I already learn how I should sprite them, this is just an animation reusing existing sprites and kinda frankensprited
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:07:34 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#24  March 30, 2015, 03:01:28 am
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
They look so fluid, maybe a little bit of front hair movement on the hard kick. But looks so good.
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#25  March 30, 2015, 11:33:27 pm
  • #flop
    • Chile
Genial que retomaras este personaje NIO!!!
#26  April 05, 2015, 06:42:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:45:26 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#27  April 11, 2015, 05:34:11 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm doing this one today...

some of you may think... why this guuy doesn't finish his animations first and then goes for another?

well, I was really used to sprite and edit animations using an older Fighter Factory that let you edit pixel by pixel without the need to open an Image Editor (inside the FF program)... so, I want to make basic animations and later on download the same old fighter factory to edit all the details there (because using the .air movements  there is really helpful)

Zorf Giudecca
#28  April 12, 2015, 09:45:39 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#29  April 12, 2015, 11:12:57 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
Zorc is going well, what are the bases? K' and Iori? it would help to others to make basics :P
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#30  April 13, 2015, 04:58:19 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Iori for the stand and run, all others are made from scracth
            Zorf Giudecca
#31  April 13, 2015, 11:47:12 am
I know that's supposed to be an attack, but I can't help but imagine it is a winpose: "Yeah, I won!" it keeps telling me! Maybe you could add some legs movement and his back could move a bit too, it's stiff looking (in my opinion).
Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:47:29 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#32  April 13, 2015, 08:25:27 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I know that's supposed to be an attack, but I can't help but imagine it is a winpose: "Yeah, I won!" it keeps telling me! Maybe you could add some legs movement and his back could move a bit too, it's stiff looking (in my opinion).

haha yeah, I tought the same, I'm still considering what should I change for them, also I believe it looks stiff because I haven't change anything about the hair (long part) and just a bit of the upper side of hair... maybe changing that would make it look better, and I'm seriously planing to add an extra frame when he has his arms up to make something like his light kick (something more "slash'ish) like GGXrd Sol sword moves
            Zorf Giudecca
#33  April 19, 2015, 12:06:17 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
showing progress again...

I have been in contact with a fan of my character (yeah he introduced himself like that), we chat every now and then in FB chat...
He already knows I have been searching for spriters to help the project and he commited himself and did a single sprite...

Have to say it was ok, but wasn't really good, so I changed a few things here and there and make it look less Iori and kinda cooler... and, just because I have some free time I did a few more frames to it, trying to make aa turning animation (yeah it has old sprites added, but I will replace those because the foots need to be in place and not moving around like floating... and yeah, I learned that here :P)

---first idea---

---second idea---
I don't know if this would be an intro, or taunt or both... but I do like how it looks despite it needs to be fixed a lot

Zorf Giudecca
#34  April 19, 2015, 04:37:23 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Please, go with the first idea instead of the second one. The whole idea of a KOF OC flipping the bird just screams for "look at me, I'm edgy as fuck!"

I still remember seeing a Kula recolor doing the same thing, and at the time, I didn't know whether to laugh or just cringe. It just can't be taken seriously.

Shit
#35  April 19, 2015, 11:27:13 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I agree with Motor Roach... the second one looks silly.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#36  April 20, 2015, 07:33:38 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, then it;s already decided...

I do like it because that's kinda how the character should be, something like an arrogant attitude, like you suck I don't...

but I guess that's already seen in some of his attacks and don't need that taunt x)
            Zorf Giudecca
#37  May 09, 2015, 09:18:22 pm
  • Ya me dio cosa...
    • Mexico
I will not be able to put gloves on him?
#38  May 10, 2015, 12:07:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
That should come later, color separation with gloves and better looking shoes (probably even taller)
            Zorf Giudecca
#39  June 14, 2015, 09:56:51 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
updating a bit...

added some sketches-place holders in the gethits and low kick (courching), can't remember if I did something else... anyways, putting a link here to use it as a backup, haven't been able to use my Pc lately and my pen tablet was lost xD

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aijr0s
            Zorf Giudecca
#40  June 18, 2015, 05:44:04 am
  • For the Murder!
I was looking into the sff file to check out the sprites. I noticed that the dash/run group uses the same sprite multiple times (1), is that necesary? why don't recycle the same sprite in the air file instead and save some file size in the sff by eliminating the extra sprites? of course unless you plan to add animations to the extra sprites in the fututre.

also I'm not medic expert but I think pulling a move like that (2) will put you in a wheelchair...

Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus