#22  April 11, 2011, 04:50:13 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Re: Template Discussion.
#23  April 11, 2011, 04:53:24 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
And what about the thing that happened in the video, that he was able to parry when rolling in the air, RP?

He also gets up after he's been defeated and starts attacking, even though he lost the round (1:28).

While this shouldnt happen due to the way Yuugi's custom state is coded, it doesn't have a failsafe preventing it from happening when they are dead. Nobody I've tested Yuugi against other than Asura was able to trigger this. This has been fixed after the video was uploaded.

And he was able to parry when he was rolling on the sky (0:15), and I think that was not supposed to happen (though I don't know how RP programmed that attack, so I can't say a lot about this unless he confirms it).

It is possible to air recover out of that hitstate, but parrying in that short a timeframe in the vid is humanly impossible. Plus, alexlexus has his parry code as a hitoverride in the cmd file, which at least explains why he was able to do it out of a hitstate. Gouken has the exact same thing.
Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:19:11 pm by RicePigeon
#24  April 11, 2011, 04:54:51 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I can understand if this is a joke character but unless it is Lexus you gotta fix that crap...no roll parries
#25  April 11, 2011, 05:22:49 pm
  • Yo.
You know what's funny, now I'm itching to make a proper Asura, and I don't even like the sprites.

#26  April 11, 2011, 05:44:05 pm
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M

uguu
#27  April 11, 2011, 07:37:14 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#28  April 11, 2011, 07:58:18 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
You know what's funny, now I'm itching to make a proper Asura, and I don't even like the sprites.

The sprites aren't even accurate to the actual Asura. Seeing as Asura had BOTH sleeves removed. Because of this error Asura also has Sagat's magic eye patch syndrome the sleeve changes places when he turns making it look even more wrong.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#29  April 11, 2011, 11:41:06 pm
  • hecc
And again, that's you. Other people have more issues which really really aren't their fault. Rather than working round it, it's easier to say "don't bloody use it" Would you prefer to tell people to use it, then have to solve a guaranteed moronic problem that makes no sense a month down the track or have them use something that works from the start and will not cause retarded bugs?

Do not use the elecbyte template EVER. If you have it, delete it. Feel free to put your own templates in just do not use that.

I use the elecbyte template every time and the only issue that happens is the one mentioned. Like you say it is never my fault when this error occurs but depending on your motif, you can identify the problem and fix it easily by just putting a sprite in state 5300. try it yourself. Any other error that happens beyond this one is 100% likely your own doing.......I know you have the experience of 5 years but I have had no other problems with the elecbyte template The only problem that happens 100% of the time is that one. To some it may appear as random crashing but its easily fixable.

I'm not telling anyone to use it, they can stick to KFM if they want I am only saying I am using all the time and will continue to do so. I am also pointing out that this is the only real problem with the elecbyte template.
I dont know how many people i've had to tell this to but the elecbyte template IS KFM
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#30  April 11, 2011, 11:48:35 pm
  • I like bread
    • USA
No its not. The template comes with Fighter Factory.
#31  April 12, 2011, 01:54:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
It has been specifically stripped down by VT and it's inclusion in the installer for FF has caused various bits of corruption. Specially in the early days when people had to download 3-4 times before they got the whole program.

As such, there is EVERY possibility someone using it gets a stupid problem with no sensible solution. Use KFM from the start and you won't get any stupid problems. I wish people wouldn't try and convince normal users of it's usefulness. If i see it happen again, shall i ask them to PM you for help?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#32  April 12, 2011, 06:21:31 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
I dont know how many people i've had to tell this to but the elecbyte template IS KFM

:-\......I hope you didn't tell a lot of people this since it's totally wrong information.....................

as for cyanide.

It will be interesting to hear what kind's of problem's people have, because the only re-occuring problem that i have had with the elecbyte template is the one where all of a sudden your character will not run in mugen regardless of the code. To fix the problem you just insert a sprte in state 5300 then the problem is solved. I have built  9 characters using the elecbyte template and 9 times i have had this ONE problem that is easily fixable. But for some like i said before depending on your motif when the crash happens it will may or may not say there is something wrong with state 5300. After this problem I strongly doubt that any other problem is related to the elecbyte template but by the persons own doing.

But I would love to hear some of the problems people are having, and if they could send me a sample. I bet I can fix it in less then 5 minutes by just putting a random sprite in state 5300 dizzy state.

Here is the fact
If you don't like starting from the ground up...........and dealing with ONE problem that WILL happen inevitably don't use the elecbyte template
if you want to use a base to guarantee sprite standards and - states then KFM is your answer
Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:29:11 am by DA_MAVERIK
#33  April 12, 2011, 07:24:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
@DA_MAVERIK
Elecbyte Template .AIR corruption and crash could occur at any given animation. At times 5,6,10,20 would crash mugen once clsn where places, at times 5300 like you said (or any GetHit anims). At times even attack animations would cause crashes aswell, all when clsn where inserted. Sometimes the template would generate proper files on its first try.
#34  April 12, 2011, 07:50:03 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@DA_MAVERIK
Elecbyte Template .AIR corruption and crash could occur at any given animation. At times 5,6,10,20 would crash mugen once clsn where places, at times 5300 like you said (or any GetHit anims). At times even attack animations would cause crashes aswell, all when clsn where inserted. Sometimes the template would generate proper files on its first try.

I have used it to build 9 characters and 9 times straight the solution was to always insert a sprite into state 5300. Until today I am not seeing any of these "major issues" I hear people state. every issue i have encountered can be fixed by inserting any sprite into state 5300.

The error like you say can occur at anything. these are what i have recorded
-when you exceed over 40 sometimes a little less collisions ERROR will 90% occur. the solution state = 5300 add any sprite
-when you exceed over 20 new animations the solution = state 5300 add a sprite
I have had absolutely no problems beyond this point.

"Sometimes the template would generate proper files on its first try. " the elecbyte template from what I have experienced will almost certainly generate a corrupted file but like i said the solution is in state 5300 for some reason. No problems for me after this point at all so I struggle to see where everyone else is going wrong. :S (maybe its the motif they are using since the problem doesn't always get identified in some of them)therefore they don;t know how to resolve the problem.
Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:58:42 am by DA_MAVERIK
#35  April 12, 2011, 08:06:14 am
    • USA
You know a template's bullshit when it forces you to add crap you dont even want to.
#36  April 12, 2011, 08:33:04 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
You know a template's bullshit when it forces you to add crap you dont even want to.

Forces you to add crap? You mean sprite standard? If you call that unnecassry bullshit.....

I'm going to say something very blunt and controversial if you cannot find a way through that 1 elecbyte problem then you should just stick to KFM period and any other training wheels template.
#37  April 12, 2011, 08:57:34 am
    • USA
Im talking about the fact that it forces you to do something, in fact how you exactly found out that was the problem with the template to begin with? I mean didnt you actually add sprites to the dizzy animation since the let's go? If they are sprite standards after all.
#38  April 12, 2011, 09:20:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You say it's fine, yet it's broken on you 9 times and you've had to resolve it 9 times. And that is the problem YOU are having. I cannot send you any of these issues because we have resolved them, normally through getting the person to delete the elecbyte template.

Anim 5300, yeah, that's come up a few times
Sprite corruption for no reason.
Crash on addition of a single sprite, not fixed by 5300, only by recreating sff file
Code stops working. Recreating the .cns fixes this.

I've actually lost track now but if a problem makes no sense, and the person is using the elecbyte template included with FF that's where the problem is.

If you're happy to continue fixing your random crashes go ahead, but stop telling people the template is OK because of this because it's patently NOT if you have to keep bloody fixing something.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#39  April 12, 2011, 09:54:50 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
cyanide

I'm am not telling anyone the template is ok I am saying it's managable and No where near as bad as what people are suggesting on here. Yes 9 times it's fucked up on me, in fact every time I attempt to build a character is fucks up but the solution is a simple one, state 5300 problem solved, smooth sailing from there. It has never screwed up twice on me after I have solved the first problem

Im talking about the fact that it forces you to do something, in fact how you exactly found out that was the problem with the template to begin with? I mean didnt you actually add sprites to the dizzy animation since the let's go? If they are sprite standards after all.

At first I was completely stuck when the error occured. I almost gave up on mugen numerous times since I thought it was something I was doing. And I downloaded  1.0 and tested a character only to see 1.0 state the problem and how to resolve it when an error occured. So I began messing around deliberately creating errors and 1.0 identified them. so I got the idea of switching the motif to 1.0 during fighter factory processing and that instantly told me what was wrong "state 5300" this has been the case 100% of the time. 

If you place a sprite in state 5300 before hand you will get no errors with the elecbyte template period. <--it's this simple. any other error after this is 99.9% your own fault

2OS

#40  April 12, 2011, 09:57:54 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Might as well rename this topic ""Elecbyte Template Discussion"" and move it to ""M.U.G.E.N Discussion"" :V