YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1342560 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#361  November 29, 2012, 12:26:03 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I try to block X3 out of my mind, thanks for bringing it back in you big meanie! I heard about this recently, sounds interesting to say the least. I know most of the mainstay characters that we all know and love (or hate) are going to be in. so yay.
#362  November 29, 2012, 03:12:39 pm
  • SNK is life
Looks like I did good to avoid that mess of a movie, nothing to block in this brain :pleased:
#363  December 02, 2012, 12:45:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This is not really newsworthy but I thought it was vaguely amusing so: The casting call for that Wonder Woman show called Amazon was released, and the description of WW herself is a bit weird.: "delighted—and just as often horrified—by the aspects of everyday life that we take for granted: skyscrapers, traffic, ice cream".

Yes, Wonder Woman will be scared of ice cream. I wonder if that's just a jab at last year's Wonder Woman pilot?

Anyways, I was sort of bothered by this part: "And she’s completely inexperienced at interpersonal relationships. She has no social filter, does not suffer fools, and tends to do and say exactly what’s on her mind at all times."

If they're going with her traditional origin, then why would she be completely inexperienced with dealing with other people? I'm not saying that she would fit right in, she's from an isolated island with a weird kinda backwards but also simultaneously advanced culture. And also the whole "never meeting a man until adulthood" thing. I'm probably just nitpicking though.

Also kinda disappointed by "And she doesn’t have time or patience for politics or tact because she’s too busy trying to experience everything our world has to offer.", because the George Perez and Greg Rucka runs, the only two runs in WW's history that could be called classic heavily focused on dealing with WW as an ambassador of Themyscira.

wow I wrote a bunch of stuff for a character i don't even particularly care for
#364  December 02, 2012, 12:47:50 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
they are describing her as an autistic teenager.
Why would she have no social clues ? was she brought up in isolation of everyone?
#365  December 02, 2012, 12:48:25 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Sounds like a plot summary for an Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer show.
#366  December 02, 2012, 01:03:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I already posted about this on the marvel thread, but Nova is getting a new comic by Jeph Loeb.

The protagonist is called sam alexander and his dad died of cancer.

(jeph loeb kid, named sam alexander, died years ago of cancer and now he keeps doing creepy insertions of his kid into his work)
#367  December 04, 2012, 05:15:11 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#368  December 05, 2012, 07:37:03 pm
    • USA

:o
#369  December 05, 2012, 09:12:50 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So...Coop and/or Megas from Megas XLR are cameo-ing in some game by Valve that's about that new Disney show?
#370  December 05, 2012, 09:18:21 pm
    • USA
#371  December 06, 2012, 03:10:03 am
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#372  December 06, 2012, 03:45:38 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
An MMO?  I dunno, Megas is a bit old to be coming out with something like that now.  As great as it was when it was around, it also wasn't exactally CN/Toonami's top show, either.

Besides, they bariely considered adding Megas when CN came out with Fusionfall.

Which reminds me, wonder what's going on with that little project of theirs...

Anyways, if it weren't for that tag to that Disney show, I would have guessed this was just another previous CN show moving to Adult Swim, maybe with a reboot, considering it's tagged to Valve, and Adult Swim and Valve have some sort of partnership going on that they haven't done much with.
#373  December 10, 2012, 11:57:34 am
    • USA
Gail Simone was fired from Batgirl. By email. Real classy, DC.

Now granted nu52 Batgirl was pretty terrible and I don't know how the writer who gave Deadpool a Shoryuken and wrote Secret Six could write it but it was selling really well so what's the deal?

also this was on twitter
Mike Nelson ‏@themikecnelson said:
@GailSimone did you not put enough women in refrigerators or something?
GailSimone ‏@GailSimone said:
@themikecnelson Funny you should say that.
>:|

In related news Karen Berger is leaving Vertigo (she basically ran it). Warner Bros has apparently been trying to remove some of the things that made Vertigo so popular for writers, like getting rid of the creator-owned part and giving shittier and shittier contracts. And since Image is basically the new imprint for writers to do experimental, creator-owned series, Vertigo as we all know it may be dying. :(
#374  December 10, 2012, 12:11:36 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
batgirl started off well imo. But it just sorta became a running thing with her whining about whole being crippled shit. It got old fast.
#375  December 10, 2012, 02:44:50 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
They should of never replaced Stephanie Brown.  Barbara had outgrown the Batgirl role and putting her back in it left very limited space for any writer to effectively create a compelling story.  Simone really got the short end of the stick when she got stuck with the Batgirl comic.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#376  December 11, 2012, 03:20:59 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#377  December 11, 2012, 03:51:31 am
    • USA
#378  December 11, 2012, 03:56:41 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
They should of never replaced Stephanie Brown.  Barbara had outgrown the Batgirl role and putting her back in it left very limited space for any writer to effectively create a compelling story.  Simone really got the short end of the stick when she got stuck with the Batgirl comic.

Stephanie was great, and barbara was way more important as oracle. Dc went backwards with a lot of things. Like dick not being a batman anymore. I loved that. he feels like he took a step backward.
#379  December 11, 2012, 04:00:43 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That was Kelly.
Huh, it is.

I could've sworn it was Simone...

My rule of thumb when it comes to Deadpool:
If you think of a Deadpool moment and you remember it looking like Joe Mad, it was Kelly.
If you remember the moment and it looks like Street Fighter, it's Simone.
If you remember the moment and it looks like a painting, it's Remender.
If you remember the moment and it was shit, it's Way. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#380  December 11, 2012, 03:29:37 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA

Stephanie was great, and barbara was way more important as oracle. Dc went backwards with a lot of things. Like dick not being a batman anymore. I loved that. he feels like he took a step backward.

Dick going back to Nightwing I can kind of rationalize since he was Batman for a shorter amount of time.  It always struck me as a more temporary thing anyways.  But I agree with you on Oracle - she was Oracle for so long and was a much more intriguing character as Oracle.  Hell, I find it odd that Barbara's still prominently featured as Oracle in the Arkham City universe while she switched back in the comics.  God, I hope they don't have her switch back to Batgirl in the Arkham-verse.