YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1342247 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#1101  January 20, 2014, 02:46:55 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Ugh, why?  The tragic orphan boy with millions clones of his father who aren't really his father has enough potential as is.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#1102  January 22, 2014, 09:03:03 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1103  January 22, 2014, 09:05:48 pm
Tarantino is instead planning to publish The Hateful Eight as a book, where he can be sure no one in Hollywood will read it.
Oooh burn.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1104  January 22, 2014, 11:12:10 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/

Bea

#1105  January 23, 2014, 07:34:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#1106  January 23, 2014, 07:42:06 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:46:09 pm by Basara "Jojo" Pilgrim
#1107  January 23, 2014, 07:50:52 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
How do you make a romantic remake of a dystopian story?
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#1108  January 23, 2014, 09:09:41 pm
    • Chile
I don't know... maybe Stephanie Meyer is making the script :ssh:

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#1109  January 28, 2014, 03:41:58 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Sly Cooper:  the Movie is going to be a thing.

and I don't know how I feel about that.  One the one hand, I love Sly Cooper something fierce.  On the other, I'm really not feeling the art style here.  It's just not cartoony enough to really feel like Sly Cooper.
#1110  January 28, 2014, 03:47:04 pm
    • Chile

#1111  January 28, 2014, 04:34:46 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Sly Cooper:  the Movie is going to be a thing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNJW8AoYSs[/youtube]

and I don't know how I feel about that.  One the one hand, I love Sly Cooper something fierce.  On the other, I'm really not feeling the art style here.  It's just not cartoony enough to really feel like Sly Cooper.

Never played the games, but the trailer looks great

DMK

#1112  January 29, 2014, 12:49:17 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
I kinda like it and props for keeping the voice actors and not going "BUT MUH A LISTERS!". You should play the games whenever given the chance GBK! At least Sly 2 or 3!

I wonder how Carmelita will look
#1113  January 29, 2014, 03:59:18 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-of-future-past-empire-covers/
Empire magazine reveals 25 alternative covers to X-Men: Days of Future Past with good part of mutants that didn't appear in previous movies
(special mention to hipster/K-Pop singer Quicksilver... ugghhhh)
Did you see this too?
Of course, Quicksilver (and Scarlet Witch) will also appear in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, to be played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Why introduce one version of Quicksilver, then have a second version appear in a different movie (a different studio non-the-less) with a different actor?  Sounds like Fox is playing with (legal) fire.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#1114  January 29, 2014, 04:38:48 pm
They're not playing with legal fire. They have the right to the X-Men franchise, QS and SW aren't specifically tied to them, and if Fox had used them sooner Marvel wouldn't have been able to do it, but Whedon or someone else said they'd be important in Avengers 2 and suddenly Fox said WAIT WAIT WAIT they'll be in our film too, and they'll be important, I swear !
They're not playing with fire, if anything they should win if X-Men comes out first, but since everyone knows they went full bullshit on this one and they announced them after Marvel, it doesn't seem like Marvel's in any trouble as long as they don't make them "mutants" or don't have their father be Magneto.

Oh, and that happened months ago.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1115  January 29, 2014, 05:45:52 pm
    • Chile
As the few I know about that, probably was accorded to split character in 2: Pietro Maximoff, son of Magneto who as superspeed as mutant power for X-Men DOFP; and Quicksilver persona, member of Avengers with the same powers, but probably another person unrelated to Magneto and just with superpowers instead being a mutant for Avengers 2

#1116  January 29, 2014, 06:12:24 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
He's gonna be Pietro Maximoff in Avengers 2 as well. :I

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's entire identities don't depend on Magneto being their father. It's not ruinous to their characters. All Fox's shoehorning in of Quicksilver is not really going to affect the twin's appearance in Avengers 2 because there's already a fuck ton of characters in Days of Future Past and no one is going to especially remember Quicksilver's 5 minute scene, and especially not when Wolverine is hogging all the spotlight because he's the best there is at what he does, and what he does is, er, that.

Anyways both Fox and Marvel are legally entitled to use both characters specifically because they fall into a grey area between X-Men and Avengers; Fox however can't mention anything relating to the Avengers when using them and Marvel likewise can't mention anything about Magneto or mutants when using them.

How do you make a romantic remake of a dystopian story?
A better question: how the fuck do you make a romantic remake of a dystopian story that specifically and ruthlessly crushes the idea that "love will conquer all"?

Yup, just read that on Miramax too : http://www.miramax.com/subscript/quentin-tarantinos-the-hateful-eight

I don't even know if I agree with Tarantino here. He's acting a little childish, but it is a betrayal, and his movies may have less impact if most people know the script before hand.
In any case, fuck the agent.
It seems to be less about the script itself being out there than the betrayal itself:
Tarantino said:
I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth, because I do like the fact that everyone eventually posts it, gets it and reviews it on the net. Frankly, I wouldn’t want it any other way. I like the fact that people like my shit, and that they go out of their way to find it and read it. But I gave it to six motherfucking people! Starting this week, I’ll be setting meetings with publishers.
The betrayal itself probably tainted the entire project in his mind, and he'd rather work on something else instead. It's a real shame but I can't exactly blame him. Besides, he has a ton of other scripts to work on so it's not like we're losing Tarantino movie, we're just gonna get a different one.

oh and now he's suing Gawker

New Line has one year to make a Y: The Last Man movie or the rights will revert back to the creators, and thank god, we're in the home stretch now. To think we could've had a DJ Caruso directed Y: The Last Man movie starring Shia fucking LaBeouf!
#1117  January 30, 2014, 11:09:38 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Not sure if it was mentioned at any pages ago but goddamn..Dead Snow, that comedey horror movie from 2009 with Nazi Zombies got a sequel which is getting released in Norwegian theaters in two weeks..and it looks stupid but fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4FoV9iiLmI
#1118  January 30, 2014, 09:18:04 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
#1119  January 30, 2014, 09:23:12 pm
#1120  January 30, 2014, 10:22:44 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
 :omg: Aaaaaaaaaand I fail