YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1323727 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#1221  March 11, 2014, 06:52:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont know what yall are complaining about, i for one welcome a grounded thing and reed richards that dont have elastic and rock powers in exchange for the level of drama and interpersonal relationships that a fantastic four needs.
#1222  March 11, 2014, 06:54:43 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
so, smalville in movie format ?
Eh, Smallville didn't really pretend to be super grounded. Maybe the first season or two, but you very quickly ran into immortal kung-fu witches; by the end of the series everyone from Braniac to Metallo to Doomsday to Darkseid had shown up.

But I guess they did sort of do the whole "make fun fantastical things boring and 'realistic'" with their version of Mister Mxyzptlk, who was, naturally, a foreign exchange student from Eastern Europe who came to Clark Kent's high school to run an underground gambling ring and had Scarlet Witch's powers.

Smallville was fucking terrible, you guys.
#1223  March 11, 2014, 07:29:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
for some reason in mexico they aired a lot of times the episode in which lana swims on her red underwear; that's what I remember the most about smalville, sicne it aired when i was in college and had no time to watch tv.

GOH

#1224  March 12, 2014, 12:10:29 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Maybe he's just really clueless about the script and has no idea what he's talking about.

I hope.
#1225  March 12, 2014, 12:25:36 am
    • USA
It will be a bad Fantastic Four movie, like anything related to the Fantastic Four, so why does it matter if they keep things realistic or not? It would've sucked either way :)
#1226  March 12, 2014, 12:44:37 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I don't know, guys. I'm starting to think rednavi doesn't like the Fantastic Four!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1227  March 12, 2014, 12:45:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, there's bad and there's so bad it's good; if we get the marvel equivalent of van damme's sf movie everything will be alright, if we get somethign like THAT hulk movie, it's just a waste of everyone's time, and realistic  and super grounded make it sound like hulk.

GOH

#1228  March 12, 2014, 10:35:20 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Even though "that Hulk movie" was kinda weak it brought some interesting ideas to the table, so I don't think it was a complete waste.

IMO anyway.
#1229  March 13, 2014, 06:15:13 am
    • USA
Hulk had neat concepts and the comic book frame style shots Ang Lee did were really cool but overall the execution just wasn't that great. Oh well.

meet the new Flash

look I know everyone loves Arrow and I'm sure it's great but... c'mon. This looks pretty bad. :-\
#1230  March 13, 2014, 06:54:36 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Well, the Flash's costume is a very silly costume. I appreciate them for going full in; half-measures lead to a guy in a red jacket calling himself the Blur.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1231  March 13, 2014, 09:55:15 am
Honestly I prefer a costume more inspired with realistic clothing (Arrow works fine on that, as long as it's not "just a jacket with one symbol tacked on it") rather than a full body suit like this one, even disguised to look less uniform.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Bea

#1232  March 13, 2014, 09:48:46 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
But the 1990 series had a MUCH better costume.

That guy has legs thinner then mine. A runner is supposed to have great legs. >.>
Oh well. Let's hope the writing is good and will save the show at least.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.

MDI

#1233  March 14, 2014, 05:21:26 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
He isn't a runner. He is a skinny geek who has a superpower which enables him to run fast despite not being an athlete.
ey
#1234  March 15, 2014, 12:53:27 am
    • USA
I dunno, the 90's series's sculpted muscles looked pretty goofy. What worked on the Batman costumes doesn't really work when the outfit is bright red. :-\

OK, so, potentially huge FF news: there's a rumor going around that Fox wants to dump the director, screenplay, and cast of the FF movie, six months before shooting is supposed to begin.

Then, a Marvel exec tweeted a picture of Galactus, with no context. People started going nuts, thinking it's a clue. There are already rumors of Marvel trying to do a villain swap type deal, like they wanted with Daredevil (Marvel wanted Galactus and Silver Surfer from Fox in exchange for Fox keeping Daredevil a bit longer). Still others are saying that Fox is gonna lose the rights entirely, or cede creative control to Marvel but still distribute it, like Universal did with Hulk.

But it's all rumors at this point. It's entirely possible that the new FF will proceed on schedule, and we won't be able to see an actually good FF movie for many more years. Unless of course you count The Incredibles.
#1235  March 15, 2014, 12:56:16 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1236  March 15, 2014, 05:15:09 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#1237  March 16, 2014, 02:49:31 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#1238  March 16, 2014, 09:35:17 am
    • USA

GOH

#1239  March 18, 2014, 01:37:56 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1240  March 18, 2014, 01:45:41 am
That's the one from The Wolverine, right ? Honestly, for once I thought it wasn't half bad done, compared to the previous X-Men and Wolverine movies. But I thought Jackman was starting to want out of the series ? Are they already shooting the sequel or did he mean "I'm shooting it" as in "the plan is for me to shoot it" ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.