YesNoOk

DIO (Update 11/22/2019) (Read 27932 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, February 14, 2019, 02:38:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: DIO (Update 5/5/2019)
#21  May 08, 2019, 03:22:49 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
This character is a great newer DIO but why doesn't it recognize my winquotes?

If Mr.Giang's response isn't what you asked for, maybe this can help(?):
If you're talking about beating Dio with a character of yours and not seeing the selective winquote against him, then you need to add the proper trigger in your character.

(Not trying to overstep my bounds, Mr.Giang ^..^; I just wanna help)
Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:27:12 am by The Sudden Rarity
#22  May 08, 2019, 03:59:56 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

If you're talking about beating Dio with a character of yours and not seeing the selective winquote against him, then you need to add the proper trigger in your character.

It's cool, I don't mind that since I have no idea why he is having troubles too.
But if it's what he meant then it won't be easy for him to work on that though :p.
#23  May 08, 2019, 05:28:33 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

if you want to add generic quotes aka non-character specific quotes, here's how it goes:

put [Quotes] and then put either victory1-100 or victory0-99 on the character's cns file
#24  May 08, 2019, 02:43:11 pm
  • Internet User
    • USA
Well I've made myself about as certain as I possibly can that this is a character issue and not on my end. I just tested this out on the default screenpack.

1. I download mugen 1.1 default beta

2. I copied the quotes section from kfm720

3. Put the section into G_DIO's cns in the exact same manner as you would with any other character

4. Put character name in select.def

5. Ran a single arcade match

6. It still uses default winscreen

I also tried repeating these steps on two other 1.1 characters unrelated to you, and I had no issue. Then I downloaded your version of Jotaro, and as you might guess it doesn't recognize kfm's default winquotes either.
#25  May 09, 2019, 01:46:30 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Put this code the first line of dio.cns and it should work as intended. If it doesn't work, I will send you a version with victory quote template.
#26  May 09, 2019, 02:28:31 am
  • Internet User
    • USA
It didn't but I already know how to implement winquotes. Yes please send me your character download. I want to know how it's possible we're using the same character version from the DL link, with different results.
#27  May 09, 2019, 02:44:05 am
    • Canada
It didn't but I already know how to implement winquotes. Yes please send me your character download. I want to know how it's possible we're using the same character version from the DL link, with different results.

Are you trying to implement winquotes, or an entirely separate win-screen from another character? If its the later you can't just expect to copy and paste some code from someone else's version of Dio and expect it to work. If it's the former make sure you copied;

[Quotes]
; Up to 100 victory quotes can be specified per language (victory0 - victory99)
victory1 = "You must defeat Tu Shou to stand a chance."

and not

[ja.Quotes]
victory1 = "カンフー突き手を破らぬ限り、お前に勝ち目はない!"

Although at this point I feel this should go into the help forum, not cluttering the release section.
not to be a dickhead and bump this old post but... 1) you're gonna need us to have a way to disable unotag for you're edits, 2)let the re-edited characters have more than 1 palette, that gets really fucking annoying when I can't tell who's who in a mirror match. other than that they're really good, including Dio since now he's actually balanced(plus all the odd glitches patched out).

BTW Dio's palettes are broken, tired to make some extra ones myself but it's only tied to him not his stand nor his stand rush portrait, witch requires a sff edit just to change it's color.

To get on topic though....

2/ CS is boring and I dont find enough motivaton to work on it so if you dont use default pallete, glitches are expected. Also, most Tag game doesnt allow mirror matches, which most of my edits are based on.
While your concerns are legit, I have to admit that those will not be changed due to my lack of motivations to work on stuffs that Im not entirely interested in (Original Simul mode and palletes). Sorry about that.

Not bothering to complete a characters palette is pretty brutal. I would have to consider it a beta at that point, not a full release. Don't call it a glitch if you just didn't index the sprites.
#28  May 09, 2019, 03:01:38 am
  • Internet User
    • USA
The former. I'll just give up then. It wasn't that big of a deal I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy because it's a very odd issue I've never encountered before.
Re: DIO (Update 5/9/2019)
#29  May 09, 2019, 04:30:18 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
The former. I'll just give up then. It wasn't that big of a deal I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy because it's a very odd issue I've never encountered before.

I have updated DIO with 1 line of win quote. You should be able to work on your own stuff from here. Enjoy.

Not bothering to complete a characters palette is pretty brutal. I would have to consider it a beta at that point, not a full release. Don't call it a glitch if you just didn't index the sprites.

Most of my stuff don't come with custom palettes as they are meant to be used with default pal only (Captain Marvel is an exception only because she has a lot of ideas for alternative costumes that isn't out of character). Plus, I value functionality over some palettes I will never use. Unless the characters themselves have room for creative palettes which are lore-related, I refuse to waste my time CS'ing them. Plus, this release is merely a water-testing to see if I should work on a full game in this style (which will not allow mirror match, thus nullifies the need of alternative pal) so you shouldn't expect this to be a full release, especially when I keep updating him once for a while. Calling the lack of proper CS "brutal" is a bit exaggerated here while the character is already well-functional enough.
Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:42:00 pm by Mr. Giang
Re: DIO (Update 5/9/2019)
#30  May 09, 2019, 05:12:55 am
  • Internet User
    • USA
Um, I guess it was on my end after all judging by how this turned out. I was kind of under the impression that you were supposed to put these quotes on the cns located in the root folder. Thanks for the help.
Re: DIO (Update 7/5/2019)
#31  July 05, 2019, 09:54:18 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Now has 10% minimum damage scaling.
- Added some missing kanji FXs.
#32  July 05, 2019, 01:06:18 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Your Mediafire link is still broken.
This is fate.
#33  July 05, 2019, 03:21:01 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
#34  July 05, 2019, 04:37:37 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#35  July 05, 2019, 11:37:31 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Ouch, silly me, I forgot to update the link on the thread. Np, I got it fixed. Enjoy :p
Re: DIO (Update 30/9/2019)
#36  September 30, 2019, 08:22:06 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Fixed a certain wallbounce glitch.
- Fixed some AI stuff.
- MUDAAAA (Stand ver)'s hit time increased by 10f. 
- MUDAAA's wallbounce no longer pauses DIO on hit.
- Now uses custom fall.
- All attacks are now air-blockable.
- All Light attacks can whiff cancel into stronger attacks during Non-Stand mode.
- d.Z now can OTG.
- Z's hittime increased by 2f.
- "Curse of the Stone Mask" is now an unblockable and comboable throw.
- "Punishment"'s now has full invul during start up and has hitbox size increased.
- "Punishment" now can OTG.
- "Checkmate" now becomes Ex-version of itself (automatically activate when DIO has 3000 power). Now uses HTTF's version of "Checkmate".
- "Checkmate" now has full start up invul.
Re: DIO (Update 30/9/2019)
#37  November 17, 2019, 05:28:29 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Ok, let make the things right, posted my little feedback in the right place. :P

- DIO got stucked when i did a special attack while he did the MUDA attack (D,DB,B + attack)
- And this one. (at 0:44) https://i.imgur.com/90BzdVd.mp4
Re: DIO (Update 11/20/2019)
#38  November 20, 2019, 08:14:19 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Hmm, I couldn't replicate the first glitch. Could you provide more info on this?
Also, here goes an update:
- Universal Jojo System change: Stand Strike (D, DF, F, c) now causes Stagnant to opponents.
- Universal Jojo System change: Stand Strike can be whiff-canceled from all non-Stand involved ground normals.
- Now uses Van's Buffer.
- More lenient input.
- Stand Gauge will be hidden when tagged out.
- Fixed a bug which doesn't let the match end.
- Fixed debug floods.
- Scales of Horror is no longer Stylish Cancelable on hit.
- No longer can throw by holding forward + Z.
Re: DIO (Update 11/20/2019)
#39  November 20, 2019, 01:00:30 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Re: DIO (Update 11/22/2019)
#40  November 22, 2019, 01:33:18 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Thanks Gui for reporting the damn annoying bug so it has been fixed. Re-download him again folks.