YesNoOk

Hioh Kaede (Vanguard Princess) Release 1.0 (Strikers Included) (Read 45917 times)

Started by Veolf, March 06, 2012, 10:52:41 pm
Share this topic:
Hioh Kaede (Vanguard Princess) Release 1.0 (Strikers Included)
#1  March 06, 2012, 10:52:41 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:04:54 pm by SXVector
Re: Hioh Kaede (Vanguard Princess) Release 1.0
#2  March 06, 2012, 10:59:16 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
What no helpers? If this character is accurate to the source it will be VERY boring without the helpers. The helpers play a MAJOR role in Vangaurd Princess IMO from playing that game. However I will still test this character later sometime to give you feed back just give me a day or so.
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#3  March 06, 2012, 11:01:29 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
What no helpers? If this character is accurate to the source it will be VERY boring without the helpers. The helpers play a MAJOR role in Vangaurd Princess IMO from playing that game. However I will still test this character later sometime to give you feed back just give me a day or so.

People said the helpers were cheap... and I did say I might make the helpers and I was getting mixed views about it. I might update her with helpers when I get a majority vote.
#4  March 06, 2012, 11:05:55 pm
    • USA
You are supposed to use the helpers in the source game to start up combos (from what I have played from that game) because the main characters themselves don't have good comboablity. If the attacks are accurate for this character then you can't really combo with this character.  :-\

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#5  March 06, 2012, 11:07:01 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
You are supposed to use the helpers in the source game to start up combos (from what I have played from that game) because the main characters themselves don't have good comboablity. If the attacks are accurate for this character then you can't really combo with this character.  :-\

Hmm.. not really =P, find out yourself
#6  March 06, 2012, 11:09:00 pm
    • USA

Well, the thing is I never really played as Hioh Kaede in the game so she might be different than the others. I only assumed.  :-X

#7  March 06, 2012, 11:10:14 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com

Well, the thing is I never really played as Hioh Kaede in the game so she might be different than the others. I only assumed.  :-X

She is the most comboable character you can get out of Vanguard princess. Trust me.
#8  March 06, 2012, 11:10:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Uh....they have SOME comboality, but for the most part, it's incredibly basic stuff.
Helpers play a big role in the source game and as "cheap" as they were, there were also ways to severely limit the helper use(Like...say....HITTING the main character while the helper attacked. That alone depeletes their striker bar to 0 and temporarily makes it so it can't gain striker gauge for a while, meaning no striker assist for a while)

I don't like the helpers either, but if you're going for source accuracy, you might as well include the helpers as well.
#9  March 06, 2012, 11:17:41 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Uh....they have SOME comboality, but for the most part, it's incredibly basic stuff.
Helpers play a big role in the source game and as "cheap" as they were, there were also ways to severely limit the helper use(Like...say....HITTING the main character while the helper attacked. That alone depeletes their striker bar to 0 and temporarily makes it so it can't gain striker gauge for a while, meaning no striker assist for a while)

I don't like the helpers either, but if you're going for source accuracy, you might as well include the helpers as well.

Eh... Okay ._." - I'll do them then, guess I'll take my time doing the helpers  --;
IF I have the time to do it =x
#10  March 06, 2012, 11:21:16 pm
    • USA

That's what I meant, I didn't say that had absolutely no comboability.

In my opinion you should add the strikers SXVector, if you made the main character's moves accurate you might as well do the helpers but remember you can't "select" a helper in the character select screen in mugen like how you could in the source of that game. So I suggest being able to select during the intro of the character, which makes sense. But adding all those helpers is one HUGE project you have to do though. I did something similar for my Saki, it's not source accurate but it was still a huge project to add all those helpers.

#11  March 06, 2012, 11:23:34 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com

That's what I meant, I didn't say that had absolutely no comboability.

In my opinion you should add the strikers SXVector, if you made the main character's moves accurate you might as well do the helpers but remember you can't "select" a helper in the character select screen in mugen like how you could in the source of that game. So I suggest being able to select during the intro of the character, which makes sense. But adding all those helpers is one HUGE project you have to do though. I did something similar for my Saki, it's not source accurate but it was still a huge project to add all those helpers.

Depending on the amount of helpers, it all really depends on how much focus you can keep at it, I have all the sprites ready to align and code, just waiting for more opinions to be posted before I do them. And yes, I wanted the helpers there too, but my other wip thread has a lot of "NO" answers apparently  :-\
#12  March 06, 2012, 11:34:03 pm
    • USA
You know, you can just make it so you can turn the helpers on or off by changing a value for a variable and telling people how to do it. Also I would not suggest assigning helpers to certain palette colors. IMO it should be done through the intro for helper selection.

#13  March 06, 2012, 11:37:08 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
You know, you can just make it so you can turn the helpers on or off by changing a value for a variable and telling people how to do it. Also I would not suggest assigning helpers to certain palette colors. IMO it should be done through the intro for helper selection.

Hmm.... maybe this is a good idea. Though, feedback is more appreciated since I know what I should about the helper now o-O
#14  March 07, 2012, 12:13:53 am
    • USA
Also to help you, what I am suggesting is a "groove" like selection during the intro. If you need help coding this download my Blazblue characters and look at the intro codes to get an idea of how they work. Also you can look at this:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=103713.0

which tells you how to cycle through grooves(my characters don't do this) Also for a "groove" you can make it so there is no strikers present if that mode is selected instead of having a person manually config and change the cns files.

#15  March 07, 2012, 12:24:10 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
I know how to do them XD - I'm just waiting for the actual feedback on the character first before I start adding helpers.
#16  March 07, 2012, 12:32:08 am
    • USA
From your previous post it seemed that you didn't know how to do this... because you should have thought about doing this already if you knew how to already do it :P. Anyway expect feedback later today or tomorrow from me.

#17  March 07, 2012, 12:34:34 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
From your previous post it seemed that you didn't know how to do this... because you should have thought about doing this already if you knew how to already do it :P. Anyway expect feedback later today or tomorrow from me.

Did thought about it. "Quote" Mixed Views by Peers in other places XD
Don't worry, I'll do it and I might work on another VP char ... while adding helpers =D
#18  March 07, 2012, 12:54:48 am
    • USA
Hey SXVector, if you know how to properly code a helper that constantly follows the main player throughout the match could you PM me on how to do it? I myself is trying to make helpers do this to my characters but could never fully get it to work, without glitches. Could you help me please in the future?

#19  March 07, 2012, 01:10:18 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Hmmmmmmmmm.. It depends on how much time I have.
#20  March 07, 2012, 02:28:26 am
    • USA
Tested your character, first thing I must say I am visually pleased  :)

-The character needs a localcoord, ALL the 1.0 characters need this. I know if you don't put one in it defaults to 320X240 but you still need to put it in there for compatability. Try not to be "lazy" and change the x and y scale and not put a localcoord.

-There is one palette this character has, it needs more. HOWEVER, if you got these sprites from where I think you got them, I had a problem with this for my Saki. For some reason if you give the character more palettes mugen 1.0 will not show it and only the default. This might happen to your character as well and mugen 1.0 has this well known problem with palettes.

-The sprite alignment for this character is not right. Look at the character's feet and notice how "low" it is to the bottom of the screen. Now look at your opponent, do they match in height placement? Also the counter move seems misaligned and not smooth.

-Attacks seem to do too much damage, it is okish right now but when adding the helpers it wouldn't be.

-If both supers are level three why use a level 3 power bar? If your going to use a level three bar you need at least ONE other super, special or something that also uses less than 3000 power too. If not just change it to only a 1 level bar instead and get power less.

-If your going to make this character eye candy I suggest adding more hitsparks etc. unless you want this character's FX accurate too.

That's what I found over the first glance of this character, more feedback coming soon.