YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734046 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1401  January 05, 2019, 08:20:29 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Snake tbh
#1402  January 05, 2019, 08:59:06 pm
    • Brazil
With all these rumors/leaks/announcements, has Super Smash Bros. jumped the shark? What would you constitute as jumping the shark for this game?
Anyone that never had anything to do with Nintendo.
#1403  January 05, 2019, 09:07:16 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
With all these rumors/leaks/announcements, has Super Smash Bros. jumped the shark? What would you constitute as jumping the shark for this game?

Nobody, really.  With the genuinely unnecessary amount of characters that are in the game already, and all of the highly requested super popular characters that are there already, I feel like it'd honestly be extremely childish to get upset or offended because they added someone that I, personally, wasn't asking for.
#1404  January 05, 2019, 09:32:12 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
True, nowadays I am actually shocked at the new additions because anyone can get in Smash at this point. Getting mad cause so and so isn't in is super childish and we should be grateful that an awesome team is working on this game and that Sakurai is leading the charge until he takes his leave. I just hope nothing too crazy happens to this series.

Edit cause auto correct.
#1405  January 05, 2019, 11:30:54 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You'd be jumping the shark when you get to the point that you go against your own word just because fans demand it.  So Goku, then.  And yeah, I would enjoy the inclusion and playing as him, but I'm not going to freaking demand him or anything.  Sakurai has an understandable reason for his exclusion and ilk of his kind being from sources outside video games.

The only alternative I'd say was past long ago, series that did not start with Nintendo, are not first party, are largely associated with another company, etc.  So if you're of the mindset Smash absolutely needs to be nothing but Nintendo's history and no acknowledgment anywhere else.  Fine enough for the first two games, but you're willfully being ignorant to a LOT of video game history then.  Which I'm personally glad they've expanded their horizons a bit more.

Now give us Gordan Freeman.  Come on, it's not like Valve's doing anything with him.  Square Enix has done more for the series than Valve in the past decade or so.
#1406  January 06, 2019, 12:56:17 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Now give us Gordan Freeman.  Come on, it's not like Valve's doing anything with him.  Square Enix has done more for the series than Valve in the past decade or so.

If that happens, that would make Super Smash Bros. the real Half-Life 3.
#1407  January 06, 2019, 04:41:00 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Gordon would be out of this world amazing. Can't see Sakurai choosing someone that interesting, but I am so happy I can dream about that now.

Or maybe he'll just make him throw/spawn Headcrabs and Combine Soldiers...
#1408  January 06, 2019, 05:15:14 am
    • Brazil
Half-Life never had any Nintendo release AFAIK, so I don't think Freeman has a chance at all, even Persona had a Nintendo game, which means it still makes sense to add Joker. In fact, the only character currently in the series that didn't appear in a Nintendo game (outside Smash, obviously) was R.O.B., but he is still originally a Nintendo add-on, so he fits in well enough.
#1409  January 06, 2019, 11:14:58 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#1410  January 06, 2019, 04:24:15 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ridley doesn't go against his word?  Sakurai was the one who got the ball rolling wanting Ridley in the game to begin with.  But they didn't think it he would work without shrinking him, and thought shrinking him would lose his overall presence for the longest time though.  They clearly decided to go with it anything this game though and just doubled his size fighting him as a boss, and things worked out great.

Also Gordan's just me half-joking.  I mean, yeah, I'd want him, but it's not going to happen.
#1411  January 14, 2019, 04:11:08 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
guys i have a question about dlc characters, will each dlc character get a classic mode route or not?
#1412  January 14, 2019, 04:21:06 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I don't see why they wouldn't.
#1413  January 14, 2019, 08:26:54 am
#1414  January 14, 2019, 08:30:44 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
They may have their own Classic Mode route (maybe not) but Pit will have the "Who is THAT!?" reaction when doing the guidance.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1415  January 16, 2019, 10:16:14 am
They may have their own Classic Mode route (maybe not) but Pit will have the "Who is THAT!?" reaction when doing the guidance.

Oh yeah, I remember that. The DLC chars won't get their own Palutena Guidance.
#1416  January 16, 2019, 10:01:13 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
NOT that I believe it, but maybe the VA's did multiple lines and never told who would make it or not?
The announcer had to do that, and he was never told who would make it or not. I think he did over 300 different ones.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1417  January 17, 2019, 04:41:09 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
So, after watching Leffen's vid on Palutena and applying what I know, I think I got infinitely better with her. In fact, she's probably my new best character in general. Though still have issues with the likes of say...Ike and Ganon. x_x;

Trying to learn Zelda next, since I would like to get really good with her, but she's kinda rough to learn. Not good with her Phantom nor good at handling her floatiness. I should probably relearn how to use my old mains much more (Mario/Ganon/Wolf), though Ganon isn't too hard to figure out since he's so straightforward lol. Any tips on Zelda that anyone has??
#1418  January 17, 2019, 05:59:18 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
NOT that I believe it, but maybe the VA's did multiple lines and never told who would make it or not?
The announcer had to do that, and he was never told who would make it or not. I think he did over 300 different ones.

I'd imagine the problem with that is it's a lot more expensive for the VAs to say lots of additional lines that will never actually get used compared to the announcer just voicing out a character name per red herring.  Not to mention the resources that the script writers would need to make convincing conversations that would go to waste too.
#1419  January 25, 2019, 07:07:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Patch 2.0 is supposedly getting dropped within the next week.  Piranha Plant inbound.
#1420  January 26, 2019, 01:39:22 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Finally, the Plant Gang can rise up.