YesNoOk

Mai718 : Custom 6 button Mai from KoF XIII (Read 15186 times)

Started by Odb718, June 16, 2015, 01:45:22 pm
Share this topic:
Mai718 : Custom 6 button Mai from KoF XIII
New #1  June 16, 2015, 01:45:22 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
After almost a year of editing I've gotten to a stage where I think you guys would enjoy her. I'm sure she still has bugs.

I've recycled some to make additional basic attacks. I think crouching is where you'll see the biggest changes. She now has all 6 buttons for basic attacks.
I'm not sure if the KoF XIII system is completely gutted but I took out the bars and a few things.
She can now throw fans in the air.
When dashing, you can dodge. While dash dodging you can drop the elbo. It's F,F, -> X+A -> C. There is some timing to it.
Custom portraits for NoZ's Legacy.... I believe they should work... I havent tested it...

I've made a lot of new sprites for her include push blocks. I plan on making more for her. I consider her a WIP.

I'm open to suggestions. P-Tan originally made this Mai. I just made the edits for myself. I hope you guys like her.

Download from Host-A or Right click and save as Here <<<Current as of 7/18/15

----
Edited to remove a dead Mega link and added JNP's host.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:23:00 am by Odb718
Re: Mai718 : Custom 6 button Mai from KoF XIII
#2  July 16, 2015, 02:39:43 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I'm surprised no one commented on this. I haven't used P-Tan's original one in a long time so I can't say if this was originally in his or what, but the super jumps are abnormally high.

Air fans are a cool idea.

and yeah...some of the issues the old one had are still there but its just an edit so i guess i cant be mad. You said you're open to suggestions, so maybe you could fix the super jump height thing, the fact that standing z will not hit P2 if she's standing directly in front of them, qcb,x+y (whatever the ex of that flame move is called) is too slow for that version, there are probably other stuff but i cant think of much else

IMHO you would fare better just recoding her. I get the feeling you'll just end up editing and editing and editing down the line till she changes more anyway :P
#3  July 17, 2015, 12:12:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Wow I thought this thread was going to die a lonely death lol.
Yeah, I agree with everything. Which is why I've been editing her a lot.
Standing Z not connecting? State 220 seems to hit everyone I play against. She does step out so it might not be bad to add some width.  Is it state 220 anim 210 giving you the problem?
There's a lot of jumping problems so I may just gut it all and force feed my Chun Li's jumping into her. If you super jump, then do a regular jump she'll super jump. Most of my characters super jump a little higher, and some are lower. One thing that will get adjusted is the X velocity is super fast. I'm trying for a VS feel. I was even planning on making a type of launcher for air combos. Not sure yet. If not, yes the jump is very high. I think I'd use a Shin Gouki jumping system.

I'm going to try and come up with more "VS" style ultra(s). I figure a Charlie type 15 fan throw might be ok. Maybe an auto-combo ultra.

She no longer has 5 Ultra level, it goes to 3 like most chars. The EX moves only take 500 instead of 1000, so you get 6 instead of 5 if you're full.
I'm not sure if I want to keep the different power level Choninhachi.

I'm planning on a power charge move. I'll have to make some sprites so it may take some time.
I've tightened up her air game a little. Air EX fans, some other stuff.

Her ground.velocity and a few other points have been edited so she can connect a little more.
#4  July 17, 2015, 05:51:32 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Standing Z not connecting? State 220 seems to hit everyone I play against. She does step out so it might not be bad to add some width.  Is it state 220 anim 210 giving you the problem?

That's the anim and stateno.

Wow I thought this thread was going to die a lonely death lol.
Yeah, I agree with everything. Which is why I've been editing her a lot.

There's a lot of jumping problems so I may just gut it all and force feed my Chun Li's jumping into her. If you super jump, then do a regular jump she'll super jump. Most of my characters super jump a little higher, and some are lower. One thing that will get adjusted is the X velocity is super fast. I'm trying for a VS feel. I was even planning on making a type of launcher for air combos. Not sure yet. If not, yes the jump is very high. I think I'd use a Shin Gouki jumping system.

I'm going to try and come up with more "VS" style ultra(s). I figure a Charlie type 15 fan throw might be ok. Maybe an auto-combo ultra.

She no longer has 5 Ultra level, it goes to 3 like most chars. The EX moves only take 500 instead of 1000, so you get 6 instead of 5 if you're full.
I'm not sure if I want to keep the different power level Choninhachi.

I'm planning on a power charge move. I'll have to make some sprites so it may take some time.
I've tightened up her air game a little. Air EX fans, some other stuff.

Her ground.velocity and a few other points have been edited so she can connect a little more.
Lol i'm not sure why the thread got ignored, but your sig helped me to see it.

I like the idea of the Charlie-esque fan throw. You could maybe even have semi visible ones between the gaps to give off an illusion that there are more (naturally the helper would have nothitby)

Since you're going for a more vs feel, will you be changing the commands on some moves to be more vs like?(lets use choninhachi as an example where the input is qcb,d,f,a/b/c)

Im looking forward to everything you do with this.
#5  July 19, 2015, 03:53:38 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've uploaded the current build of Mai718.
There's lots of little fixes and hidden stuff that isnt 100% yet.

I fixed the jump/super jump problem. I think it should be 100% fixed, but the way it's originally coded there might be a specific way of getting the bug to activate again.

The Flying Squirrel move is done by holding down for 40 tics and pressing A+B right now. I dont really like this, so it'll be changed in the next release.

I added width to Statedef 220, and edited anim 210 to include hitboxes down to her elbo. I'm pretty sure the attack will connect with 99% of characters out there.

I've done some visual edits, nothing too spectacular.

Let me know if you like or dislike the changes.
#6  July 19, 2015, 03:58:24 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Going to test her :D

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome