YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 812512 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#441  June 11, 2015, 07:10:39 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
here, more AF jokes

and my fav

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#442  June 12, 2015, 07:06:49 pm
Soul Calibur fan vote results are in.

https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur/photos/a.162667937109880.29590.157579717618702/906045219438811/?type=1&permPage=1

Your input is very valuable to us and with your help we can make the future of Soul Calibur bright and hopeful. :)

Spoiler: results (click to see content)
#443  June 12, 2015, 07:12:32 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.

lui

#444  June 13, 2015, 10:26:45 pm
    • USA
Can you guys give any information about this image?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
thanks in advance.

Welcome to year 1997

Yeah, my birth-year.
I dont know if youre being fucking sarcastic or if youre really an idiot. SHENG LONG ISNT REAL. MUGEN people want to atleast see how it would look like to play as him, so we create our own fan versions. Now get that your brain. SHENG LONG IS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.
#445  June 14, 2015, 12:14:32 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I don't think his being sarcastic  , I don't think you need to blame him for being born in the year 1997 , its not his fault for not knowing about what old timers did  , this joke was relsed as an April fool in 1992 by EGM , and even then some people still believed he was real , thought the requirment to face him is crazy :

The fake method is to play only as Ryu and not take a single hit until M. Bison's stage. Then, the player must not hit M. Bison or allow Bison to hit the player for 10 rounds straight. After, Sheng Long would appear, to throw Bison off the stage and face Ryu. When facing Sheng Long, the timer will freeze at 99
#446  June 14, 2015, 12:25:33 am
I don't think his being sarcastic  , I don't think you need to blame him for being born in the year 1997 , its not his fault for not knowing about what old timers did  , this joke was relsed as an April fool in 1992 by EGM
Pretty sure the point of contention here is that Aumio seems to not have understood that the "welcome to 1997" was a classic "this is older than dirt" comment and actually took it as face value somehow and just assumed it was about his own birth year.
Because Aumio's dumb like that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#447  June 14, 2015, 02:24:16 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
You know, a quick search for "Sheng Long" gives tons of results (first one, Wikipedia) mentioning that image as a hoax, so if he asked that here, is because either:
- he's a lazy ass that can't be bothered in typing a few characters in Google and get the answer by himself
- he's a computer illiterate and doesn't know that Google and other search engines exist for a reason
- or, he's simply trolling

And, being born on the 1997 is not an excuse to know about events that happened years ago, especially in a field that is one of his interests, as I assume One Man Aumio has some interest in fighting games.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#448  June 24, 2015, 12:43:13 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com

SNT

#449  June 27, 2015, 01:17:50 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#450  June 27, 2015, 04:42:41 pm
    • USA
Hahahahaha! We were JOKING about that game when the ASW rep told us that they had more to port to steam than just BB and GG Xrd! We weren't telling you that we actually wanted it!
#451  June 27, 2015, 07:56:31 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Battle Fantasia's pretty good, though.
It the PC port fixes the shitty fucking netcode, fuck it I'm down. I am SO down.

Besides, Xrd on PC right now would be pointless since Revelator's gonna be on its way and people are gonna bitch about buying it again.
#452  June 27, 2015, 08:25:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
To be fair, Battle Fantasia got released when BlazBlue was announced in a time where everyone was waiting for a new Guilty Gear. BB reminding people of GG stopped any momentum BF was having.
#453  June 27, 2015, 08:56:12 pm
    • USA
I can't think of any redeeming quality for Battle Fantasia. That game is downright disgusting and boring overall, not even the music can save it.
But hey, let's post some more uninformed and generic hate messages
#454  June 27, 2015, 11:56:38 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
The game is alright and the Gachi button gives the game a very interesting pacing, the graphics were good for its time too. The netcode was bad and the release is kinda sorta pointless because the game got emulated a long time ago so I can see why Steam-only babies be upset about this not being Xrd.
#455  June 28, 2015, 02:25:00 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
We're still not getting the full Vocal Dynakid Theme after this, right?

Also this game's Story Mode is one of my favorites.  Hearing Dokurod rant about "New York" is hilarious.
Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:31:10 am by Kirishima
#456  June 28, 2015, 02:53:20 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Cedric spreading the word of GLASSES CHRIST (and getting stranger-danger'd by Ashley) was my favorite gag route.
#457  June 28, 2015, 06:24:55 am
    • USA
I can see why Steam-only babies be upset about this not being Xrd.

The funny thing is that it's a lose-lose situation for ASW. If they release Xrd -Sign-, Steam people will complain about having to pay for -Revelator- later on and releasing -Revelator- right now is impossible because the game is barely out in the arcades.

I personally want to see that P4 fighter game and Contra Hard Cops Uprising but dunno if Konami would even allow such port to begin with considering their current situation. HnK too while we're at it! So it can be played without requiring a PS2 and without emulators.
Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:52:21 am by -Red-
#458  June 28, 2015, 07:39:13 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
The funny thing is that it's a lose-lose situation for ASW. If they release Xrd -Sign-, Steam people will complain about having to pay for -Revelator- later on and releasing -Revelator- right now is impossible because the game is barely out in the arcades.
How is it lose-lose if Battle Fantasia is fun? It's that minority's fault for asking Xrd now when ArcSys themselves are testing the waters. (and not some randoms who acquired licenses)

The problem is that people would rather have everything immediately and they're not sure if it'll even be a guaranteed success because they're really new to the PC market.
Also, Steam's refund system kinda worries me in that regard.
#459  June 28, 2015, 08:53:36 am
    • USA
How is it lose-lose if Battle Fantasia is fun? It's that minority's fault for asking Xrd now when ArcSys themselves are testing the waters. (and not some randoms who acquired licenses)

I meant a lose-lose in regards to releasing Xrd. Waiting for -Revelator- to be released on consoles and later PC already gives them flak and releasing -Sign- on Steam would cause trouble too because it's already outdated when compared to the arcades (And it's kinda TOO late to release it now too!), even though there's no console release for -rev- and will most likely happen next year if anything.

The problem is that people would rather have everything immediately and they're not sure if it'll even be a guaranteed success because they're really new to the PC market.

They're porting Battle Fantasia right now, that has to be the BIGGEST risk they've ever taken on PC. What worries me in particular is that they might end up getting the wrong message if BF sells poorly. It already sold like shit when it was first released, and practically no one asked for this game when people were discussing what should ASW release next in that thread the ASW rep created at the gamehub when GGAC was released.

It's going to sell extremely poorly which makes me wonder if we'll even get anything else after BF comes out. I just hope someone at ASW is smart enough to understand that people just blindly spend money to buy stuff they don't want in order to send a message. I hope ASW is not pulling a Capcom where if something irrelevant sells poorly, they end up cancelling any future plans because of that, like with Darkstalkers and Megaman.

Also, Steam's refund system kinda worries me in that regard.

When something's shit, people will refund it. I don't see what's the problem exactly. The port will probably be amazing anyway, it will run fine and work fine and practically no one who doesn't know about BF will buy it so people will hardly refund it anyway.
#460  June 28, 2015, 02:19:55 pm
I don't know anything about Xrd, Battle Fantasia or most of ASW's stuff, but that all simply sounds like they don't expect Steam BF to sell well, what they want to test is the process of selling a non-physical game - I mean not like complete n00bs, I understand they've Steamed games before, but just as a sort of benchmark. As in, they're not losing money for physical distribution anyway, so they don't need to expect huge sales.  They're just getting used to this distribution channel - marketing, feedbacks etc. They're making sure they can handle it, checking how efficient they are at it. They don't want to fail when they get to their big games.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.