YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 769949 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: jay kay
#801  February 11, 2016, 03:58:51 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Also, Sen sucks.
#802  February 11, 2016, 05:44:42 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
SamSho sucks
no it doesn't
Someone doesn't know how to read the "I prefer this game" posts and takes them way too literal.

That won't happen, not with half of the cast dead.
Zantetsu died but his offspring took over in the ending (So Samsho Hanzo), Yuki "died" (Not really, she can come back), Shigen died but Kotetsu took over, Mukuro got sent to a shmup dimension but that's a joke ending, so only Shigen and Zantetsu are really dead, but with characters already confirmed to take over them, that's two (Except not really for reasons I mentioned)... out of like sixteen characters, hardly half the cast.
Re: Also, Sen sucks.
#803  February 11, 2016, 08:00:48 pm
Zantetsu died but his offspring took over in the ending (So Samsho Hanzo), Yuki "died" (Not really, she can come back), Shigen died but Kotetsu took over, Mukuro got sent to a shmup dimension but that's a joke ending, so only Shigen and Zantetsu are really dead, but with characters already confirmed to take over them, that's two (Except not really for reasons I mentioned)... out of like sixteen characters, hardly half the cast.

Mukuro was killed by Kojiroh (Kaori) before Kojiroh fights Kouryu in her arcade mode.

As for Yuki, I made this as a NGBC-original Last Blade character concept...

Yuki as Kouryu "The Judge of Humanity" - Kouryu's Spirit is still resilient even if Hell's Gate is sealed for a few years, and it tries to use the Sealing Maiden (Yuki) as it's vessel and "judge" humanity for herself.

Base Sprite (KOF-style Yuki) by eFex, Edit by me...

P.S. If Last Blade makes a comeback, I like it to become the bridge for Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting characters. Though some of you might disagree, I like Last Blade's hypothetical sequel's plot revolve around the Jin Scrolls (from Fatal Fury) during the Bakumatsu-Meiji transition period. And make Moriya the main character, like Robert being the main character in AOF3.
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#804  February 12, 2016, 02:45:49 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Yuki "died" (Not really, she can come back)

Can she? From my understanding she's dead for good, since she sacrificed herself to close the Gate.

Yeah, the "half the cast" part was not meant literary. So, that's Zantetsu, Shigen, Yuki, Mukuro and Kouryu/Gaisel, and you can count Setsuna as being at least MIA as well (since the gate's closed he got sent back to Hades).
#805  February 12, 2016, 08:07:26 pm
Hmm...

Yasuyuki Oda denies the Samurai Shodown rumor.
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#806  February 13, 2016, 03:13:02 am
  • Outchea Grindin'
    • USA
    • warrenh89@live.com

"Capcom vs SNK 3 coming soon, we promise" - Ren
#807  February 13, 2016, 04:24:16 am

Of course he did, he's not gonna say "yeah, we were keeping it secret but we're also making another game too." That's up to corporate.

Also seeing his exact wording, it doesn't sound like a convincing denial. I mean, no choice but to take it at face value, but Playmore did say back then that they were hiring staff for a new SamSho in conjunction with the new KoF. I guess we'll just see.
#808  February 13, 2016, 12:57:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#809  February 21, 2016, 09:57:33 pm
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com
#810  February 21, 2016, 10:02:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
A collection?

#811  February 21, 2016, 10:10:07 pm
Google translation makes it sound like an action RPG based on doing combos that uses stuff from 94 to 13. I only know Marvel Ultimate Alliance Future Fight on Android from them, it's pretty full of just about everything with its own original story and it tries to use anything it can and come up with decent stuff that fits everyone, but as far as the RPG part in the "action RPG" is concerned, the balance is pretty bad and there are very few options to keep improving your characters significantly beside probably redo the same lower level missions over and over for ever (they tried a few things over the months but it failed and now there's pretty much nothing), plus it's pretty generic for an RPG (get EXP, increase level, increase stats, increase your default equipment, equip some special items that are very random and increase them). The art, 3D models, effects, and action are decent~good, and all the characters' animations show their personality just fine. They do keep up with the new stuff in the comics and movies and spit out new content of the same quality, though.
So basically, pretty and rather full but you might drop it after not making an ounce of progress for a while.

Woops, yeah, don't know why I mixed up the names.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:22:07 pm by Byakko

lui

#812  February 21, 2016, 10:20:39 pm
    • USA
correction, its called marvel future fight.

and yeah as someone who plays it regularly i must agree that the core game is awesome, the animations are smooth and nice and the gameplay is frantic, the story isn't anything new and is basically free promotion for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it does well, the gameplay is great but the F2P nature is what makes it almost impossible to beat for free without spending months of grinding and grinding and grinding, i just hope that if Netmarble makes another RPG like this with KoF they dial down on the P2W shit, it's annoying that i was progressing through the story just fine then BAM! its now tough as shit and i have to grind to progress forward
#813  February 26, 2016, 04:06:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Touhou Project fighting game Urban Legend in Limbo from Twilight Frontier is coming to PlayStation 4, the official Touhou Project on PlayStation Twitter account announced.

Details are due out in a future announcement
#814  February 26, 2016, 04:28:45 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yay, someone that plays Future Fight! Plus that Netmarble is going to do something with KoF in the same vein? Sign me the hell up!
#815  March 02, 2016, 11:10:10 am
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
#816  March 02, 2016, 11:18:24 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#817  March 09, 2016, 07:30:39 am
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
My image parsing is stupid.

lui

#818  March 09, 2016, 08:16:19 am
    • USA
Yay, someone that plays Future Fight! Plus that Netmarble is going to do something with KoF in the same vein? Sign me the hell up!

yeah dude, i just aquired all the playable characters by unlocking 2/3's of them free by grinding and being patient then i just paid for the rest with only 8 bucks with the biometrics subscription purchase.
#819  March 27, 2016, 05:57:29 pm
    • Brazil
#820  March 27, 2016, 06:10:28 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
His detailed answer "Umm" is a clear hint at ...nothing so far.