Developers: Radiant Entertainment
Platforms: PC
Release Dates:
Worldwide
Official Sites:
http://www.risingthunder.com/ Official HP

FAQs
Q: What is this game?
A: Rising Thunder is a PC exclusive fighting game developed by Radiant Entertainment, which is composed of Seth Killian, Tom Cannon, and Tony Cannon, who are major figures in the fighting game community.
Q: What is special about this game?
A: The game's major feature is its simple controls. There are no input motions for specials. Instead, each character has 3 normals, 3 special buttons, and a super. Players can choose over a variety of specials to assign to each character before a match. Specials also have a cooldown period after they are performed. The game also features GGPO 3 netcode.
Q: How do I play this game?
A: The game will be launched sometime soon as a technical alpha. You can sign up for it here.
Q: So what does it look like?
A: Here's a preview.
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:35:48 pm by c001357
Re: Rising Thunder
#2  July 21, 2015, 08:30:50 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
The cooldowns thing is gonna be weird for me to deal with, but it all seems really interesting and there's quite a bit of charm.
Hoping to get in the alpha!

(Crow and Talos tho hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh <3)
#3  July 22, 2015, 06:11:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the netplay specific special moves are a pretty nice idea and really, the only original idea this game really has.
#4  July 22, 2015, 12:25:58 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
It does look nice.

I wonder if they have spelled out a final release date yet...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5  July 22, 2015, 01:20:55 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
not gana lie : it look so outdatish , its also not a 2D , I don't find it intresting , just being honest
#6  July 22, 2015, 04:36:10 pm
  • SNK is life
Everything about it is well executed, but it lacks art direction to complement it.

Look at the history of mechs. If they're gonna all be robots made of metal, can you at least differentiate their looks with some colors? Some ACTUAL DESIGNS? Mazinger, Shin Getter, Gundam, Evangelion ... colors, designs
#7  July 29, 2015, 07:21:55 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#8  August 02, 2015, 01:01:44 am
    • Peru
I've been playing the game for 4 days now. I'm having a blast with it; looks really promising.

I'm using the Freaking Chinese robot... Chell is annoying as hell.
#9  August 02, 2015, 01:40:38 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I managed to get in.
I haven't spent much time with Talos but Crow tho
CROW THO

I hate dealing with Chel, how do I get across that wall of fire? Like jeez.
#10  August 02, 2015, 03:37:36 pm
    • Peru
Crow is really strong with his fire thingy going around as a mixup starter, but I think besides his super, he doesn't have anything invincible to escape pressure.
#11  August 02, 2015, 08:54:23 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
There's his S3 I think. IIRC you can block right after your invuln frames and you are 100% invisible to the other screen.
(something I didn't realize until I fought another Crow, so it's not Chipp's Find Me but rather Reptile's 2D game invisibility with an AoE)

EDIT: nvm, the recovery off of S3 is kinda bad and it should really mostly be used in wakeup situations if you plan on using it for invuln.
Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:28:14 pm by Shwa
#12  August 02, 2015, 09:04:13 pm
    • USA
    • BagelBagelOhBagel@gmail.com
The voice acting fucking sucks. I hope they add in some robo-filters in the next version.
Hey you, you notice how everybody else's signature makes little sense?
#13  August 02, 2015, 09:20:09 pm
Dammit, knew I should've signed up earlier. People are saying the game's fun and all and I can't try it for myself.
#14  August 02, 2015, 09:28:52 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada

ROS

#15  August 02, 2015, 09:54:00 pm
I have two extra ones from an email they sent. If anyone wants one just PM me. I don't bite.
#16  August 02, 2015, 10:02:11 pm
    • Peru
EDIT: nvm, the recovery off of S3 is kinda bad and it should really mostly be used in wakeup situations if you plan on using it for invuln.

I'm using Edge and I can punish the move full screen using S3 with L follow up (that's the one similar to Guy's Run + MK follow up), so yeah. Still the character seems really strong.

ROS

#17  August 02, 2015, 10:37:36 pm
I love flight cancel mixups with Vlad. Vlad sorta reminds me of Sasquatch from VSav in terms of opening people up.
#18  August 02, 2015, 10:48:27 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I'm using Edge and I can punish the move full screen using S3 with L follow up (that's the one similar to Guy's Run + MK follow up), so yeah. Still the character seems really strong.
Well he's certainly giving me that impression. I use Soul Cleaver for S2 and the output he has is redonkulous, plus his mixup game is silly strong.
#19  August 02, 2015, 11:29:58 pm
ok so in this game you map buttons to hold special moves, and you are only limited to 3 specials. out of how much? how many specials each character has?
also, does it have an offline training mode? or do you jumb right in to fight other players?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#20  August 03, 2015, 12:00:34 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Three specials, one super, yes, offline training mode exists.

Each special and super will have a variation, I think, but for the alpha only one move in particular for a given character has a varation.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.