YesNoOk

Requesting any full game (or w/e you have collected) with Hi-res/HD-only roster (Read 1313 times)

Started by 18DragonSubduingPalm, August 10, 2013, 11:50:12 pm
Requesting any full game (or w/e you have collected) with Hi-res/HD-only roster
#1  August 10, 2013, 11:50:12 pm
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com
I'm looking for any full game mugen (or your own game, if you're kind enough to share it lol..) with hi-res/HD-only characters.

I don't want low-res sprite characters, because I have a ton of them already on my old mugen.

Thanks! =)
Re: Requesting any full game (or w/e you have collected) with Hi-res/HD-only roster
#2  August 11, 2013, 09:56:17 am
    • Russia
Re: Requesting any full game (or w/e you have collected) with Hi-res/HD-only roster
#3  August 11, 2013, 02:08:39 pm
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com
Thanks, but the links for that game don't work.. lol Also, do you know of any others? I already have all the GG games for PC lol
#4  August 12, 2013, 08:54:57 am
    • Russia
first of all links are working (just checked). This one Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus UM :2013. You should search for Sengoku Basara, Blaz Blue or Hokuto no Ken.
#5  August 12, 2013, 10:23:25 am
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com
nvm. you said scroll down, so I thought you were talking about the one at the very bottom. thanks
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:27:39 am by 18DragonSubduingPalm
#6  August 12, 2013, 10:43:35 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
#7  August 12, 2013, 11:18:27 am
    • Indonesia
I'm looking for any full game mugen (or your own game, if you're kind enough to share it lol..) with hi-res/HD-only characters.

I don't want low-res sprite characters, because I have a ton of them already on my old mugen.

Thanks! =)

Use the "hi-res character" filter next time in Releases/Found Releases sections :P

Is not that hard to build a compilation (or so-called "fullgame") by yourself.

Add me at Kazagami#7568 for an invite link to the WaifuLaifu Discord Server

#8  August 12, 2013, 11:35:52 am
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com

Thanks! =)

Use the "hi-res character" filter next time in Releases/Found Releases sections :P

Is not that hard to build a compilation (or so-called "fullgame") by yourself.
I'd rather download a full game though. All of the portraits and stuff are already made, and there's intros and stuff lol. If I were to compile my own game, I'd have to create a portrait for each character to make them all look consistent with each other. I just prefer full games compiled by other ppl, they do a better job at it than I do. Know what I mean? =)
#9  August 12, 2013, 12:03:45 pm
Something that I can call a real full game is the one LordMike made (he edited some characters, he actually worked for it, he also worked with Saikei for Kenshiro) for Hokuto no Ken: it is very close to the Ps2 game.

His blog (where you can find the links for the game): http://lordmikehnk.blogspot.it/
His youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/cnh2132/

(note: the game is heavy, but it's worth it)
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:14:24 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#10  August 12, 2013, 12:18:09 pm
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com
lol it seems like everyone has their own definition of what's a "full" game..
#11  August 12, 2013, 01:32:48 pm
A compilation is collecting chars and organizing them in a screenpack; there is little to no effort put into this (putting a portrait in a char requires little time). There are no edits in the char (or very very little, that you don't even see).
You can recognize it if:
- there are differencies in the screenpack (from a lifebar to a select screen, etc.)
- the chars have different playstyles (let's put it like this: a Guilty Gear char with an inspired MvC gameplay, some other GG chars close to source etc.);
- the characters were made by different people (who didn't think to make the full game but a compilator thought it was a good idea to put different characters in a screenpack and call it a day, without checking if they have bugs, infinites, are actually close to the source if intended, have the same gameplay etc.)
Example: the Super Street Fighter IV compilation by Ristar87.

A full game is making characters from scratch or editing them a lot to make them with the designed gameplay.
The full game I linked to is a good example of a full game: LordMike worked with Saikei for completing Kenshirou; LordMike edited the other chars to suit the gameplay of the Ps2 counterpart (because he wanted to make it like in Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei Kengō Retsuden); the screenpack is pretty close to the one in the game; in other words, it is the same as the game.
There are two fullgame released in this forum:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/the-finished-hall.392
They are not Hi Res, but try to compare these ones to the compilations. Notice something?

Keyword for finding the fullgames is "same" for all aspects (chars, stages, screenpack etc., if they have similarities in sprite style, effects, gameplay); if you just want to download a bunch of characters (most of the time outdated) search for the compilations.

These are the correct meaning of the two words (if someone remembers something that I missed, tell me and I'll add it here).

If I can understand, you want compilations. I won't help you for that.
#12  August 12, 2013, 01:48:00 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
lol it seems like everyone has their own definition of what's a "full" game..
Full game - You made every single thing by yourself,or at least you edited it
Compilation - you didnt do jack shit.You just put characters in a screenpack.

Compilations are usually bad and unbalanced and quite frankly terrible
#13  August 12, 2013, 02:10:25 pm
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com
I've seen a lot of compilations released as full games too, and some of them have characters like Luigi and Wonderwoman in the roster lol (basically, rosters with characters from tons of diff games/animes/etc). I'm actually okay with that as long as it still looks nice. But what I'm looking for in this thread is hi-res only games, not low-res games. Low-res games are easy to find.

putting a portrait in a char requires little time
That actually depends. Some portrait styles take more effort than others. Mugen 1.0 screenpacks have different styles of portraits, unlike old mugen.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:28:43 pm by 18DragonSubduingPalm
#14  August 12, 2013, 05:18:41 pm
I've seen a lot of compilations released as full games too, and some of them have characters like Luigi and Wonderwoman in the roster lol (basically, rosters with characters from tons of diff games/animes/etc). I'm actually okay with that as long as it still looks nice. But what I'm looking for in this thread is hi-res only games, not low-res games. Low-res games are easy to find.
They were released as full games because they were wrong (it happened a lot of times sadly and they were either trashed or bashed for good reasons).
About the last thing, I know that you weren't searching for low res full games, but it was an example.
putting a portrait in a char requires little time
That actually depends. Some portrait styles take more effort than others. Mugen 1.0 screenpacks have different styles of portraits, unlike old mugen.
That's because there were different types of screenpacks, just that.
You can make a WinMugen screenpack that is the same as the 1.0 one.
You can resize mugen portraits in 1.0 and in WinMugen.
You can have a template for a WinMugen screenpack portrait and for a 1.0 screenpack portrait.

But now WinMugen is not a standard anymore (you can still use it, but it isn't supported like 3 or 4 or more years ago), so there's a lesser amount of content for it than before, and that can make you think there were different style of screenpacks, chars, portraits etc. .
Really, everything you could make in WinMugen you can make it also in 1.0 and better.

Adding a portrait is easy, you just add it in a .sff file in all the characters.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:22:08 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
New #15  August 12, 2013, 06:01:58 pm
    • USA
    • gautama4025@gmail.com
I'm talking about editing the pictures to use them for your character's portrait, the process of editing it in photoshop takes skill and effort, depending on the style you're going for. (I know how to add portraits to my characters lol, that part is easy.)

And I'm not talking about just the portraits, but also the little face icons for the selection screen (the tiny face icons for the highlight boxes, not the large picture of the character). Those need to be custom made too, since all the screenpacks are different and use different styles.

What's nice about downloading a full game (compiled, or "true"  full game) is that all of this is done already. All of the icons & portraits are there. And it has a nice professional feel to it. The stages & music are there as well.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:09:25 pm by 18DragonSubduingPalm