YesNoOk

A Most Arbitrary MUGEN Tournament (Read 49088 times)

Started by SerbianYugoThief, May 26, 2017, 01:12:17 am
Share this topic:
Re: A Most Arbitrary MUGEN Tournament
#41  July 16, 2017, 05:23:05 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA

So here's this.

The description explains a few things I won't bother repeating here. Also, the last stage and music combo is indeed an homage, but it's not intended as a jab toward either team that made it to the finals. Anyway, 'twas fun, and I'd love to do another one of these sometime down the line. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
#42  July 16, 2017, 09:50:01 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
I'm glad my team did as well as it did. Wasn't expecting that at all. The winner was pretty hax though. :p
#43  July 16, 2017, 10:25:49 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Yeah, in hindsight, maybe I should've been just a little more strict with who was allowed (and not only from the winner's team, mind you). I'm at least glad the matchup wasn't an absolute steamroll.
Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:31:38 pm by SerbianYugoThief
#44  July 17, 2017, 02:55:05 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I'm glad my team did as well as it did. Wasn't expecting that at all. The winner was pretty hax though. :p

Yeah, in hindsight, maybe I should've been just a little more strict with who was allowed (and not only from the winner's team, mind you). I'm at least glad the matchup wasn't an absolute steamroll.

The last match was quite a good one (TBH I was expecting to lose to yamino gun's team with all the GGesq 12th palettes but I guess better AI won out) and yea I can see why my team might be a little "hax". (Rikuo's one mainly by exploiting the fact AI's tend to perfect block everything so it just does it's unblockable super you have to avoid or hit but if you're very offensive like Rashu Mon he's not to much of a problem) All in all it was a good tournament and now I'll have to keep uploading and rendering mine (The render time is more like 3 hours rather than 5 but that's still quite a bit for one video)
#45  July 17, 2017, 05:45:45 am
    • USA
    • xanderyatesthenerd@gmail.com
Great tournament! Fun little thing that introduced me to a lot of characters. I even enjoyed my team's matches, for as short as they were (going up againist a finalist-worthy opponent out of the gate. ;-:)
#46  July 17, 2017, 06:15:42 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Thank ya both, Strider and Amidweiz. And honestly, I think my favorite part of these tournaments is that they introduce me to characters (as well as stages and music) I probably wouldn't have otherwise come upon.
#47  July 17, 2017, 11:23:04 am
    • Netherlands
I'd say my team sucked. Shovel Knight and Doodlebob's A.I. were too weak for a tournament. They almost had it in the first round but got rekt in the second. Given that some characters are a bit OP (I remember my team getting rekt by a full screen move that dealt a lot of damage) and of course MissingNo. so tbh I should've also chosen characters that are a bit OP (that kinda applies to Dancing Banana and Thanos) Anyway, I liked this and the next time I will take the opportunity to use a better team.
#48  July 17, 2017, 05:13:44 pm
    • USA
Is it possible you could release a version of MUGEN set up with all content in this pack?

Also, if you ever do a sequel, I don't think we should completely get rid of these teams. If people want them not to be used that'd be fine, but it'd be more fun, (and crazy), if we just added another 16 characters to the mix along with all the original teams. *shrug* But I bet it'll  be awhile before you want to do this again.
#49  July 17, 2017, 10:03:11 pm
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
I personally believe it was less that your team was inherently bad and more that you just went up against characters that were more proficient, AI-wise. If I've learned anything about MUGEN, it's that matchups are very much real; perhaps your team would've done better against a different team than my own. And hey, you pushed my team back to Diavolo in the first round, so it wasn't a total steamroll. (I'm also kind of surprised Thanos got demolished like he did, all things considered)
-------
I do kind of like the idea of a 32-team tournament (ideally with 32 different participants, but 2 teams from 16 people would also be fine), though that would take a remarkable amount of time to record, edit, render, upload, and watch. It took me 10.5 hours just to render this tournament, ignoring all the time it took to record and all that, and the finishing product is 2.5 hours in length. Like I said, I like the idea... I'm just probably not the person to carry it out. Also, I'm not really opposed to getting another tournament together sooner rather than later, but I fear that "tournament fatigue" could arise if they're organized too frequently.
#50  July 17, 2017, 11:40:06 pm
    • USA
I'd be willingly to share the workload with you if you want. We could find a way to make it work, and set up a proper event for August.

But I agree, after that we should wait. Since we have another on site already, and we want these to still feel like an event.
#51  July 18, 2017, 01:38:08 am
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
It's kinda weird that my team works nothing like they do in Mugen 1.1 including their AI(Except Broly)
#52  July 21, 2017, 03:20:07 am
  • "Nothing is Impossible" - Tien Shinhan
    • USA
    • weslyjohnson8103@yahoo.com
My team got BTFO my Skullomania and I had such high hopes for them too, but oh well there's always next time
#53  July 21, 2017, 07:53:20 am
  • Absolutely Disgusting
  • ?????
    • USA
Yeah, I feel bad about both your teams. I honestly expected 'em both to stand a better chance against who they were paired up with.
#54  July 21, 2017, 08:11:37 am
My team got past one match which is more than I thought it would get past.