• let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
Re: Dante for mugen
#26  May 22, 2009, 05:28:49 am
  • Masturbating to a dial tone
    • spaces.msn.com/couttsgallery/
Even in DMC3 Dante and his Virgil have the sword after image. For example look at Dantes multi stab move with Rebellion (do the Stinger and then mash slash or do his combo with the two delays then mash slash on the last attack). Pause it on any frame and there are many swords appearing at the same time. I think there are even times when his hand is not connected to his arm and is blurred out, but in motion it looks REALLY good.
Look at my painting gallery. do it. its the globe under the avatar.
#27  May 22, 2009, 07:51:38 am
He's still a crappy Rock Howard sprite edit I see, and his animation is jerky as ever.

I agree. He looks like Rock Howard cosplaying as Dante. But it's a pretty big improvement from the last edits.
#28  August 16, 2009, 05:27:54 pm
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
#29  August 17, 2009, 01:21:53 am
  • Segata Sanshiro
Swwet but plz don't make it like your oober gouken (even if he's cool)

Edit: use MVC hayato sprites ^^
#30  August 17, 2009, 01:40:49 am
  • 我が名は 「ハクメン」、押して参る!
#31  August 17, 2009, 01:48:25 am
    • USA
#32  August 17, 2009, 03:13:53 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
#33  August 17, 2009, 06:17:24 am
    • USA
I thought Hien helps you to sprites
O.o Thought so to. :P oh well
lol hein if you are still on board let me know we can still do this. i need you badly lol since spriting his is a hard task to do alone. i just havent heard from you and was afraid you pulled a wanted on me. you still on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXpAZ4EhJqY

more dante sneak peaks
lol well i told yu many times im willing to help just send me what ever yu need done
#34  September 08, 2009, 01:45:49 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
I thought Hien helps you to sprites
O.o Thought so to. :P oh well
lol hein if you are still on board let me know we can still do this. i need you badly lol since spriting his is a hard task to do alone. i just havent heard from you and was afraid you pulled a wanted on me. you still on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXpAZ4EhJqY

more dante sneak peaks
lol well i told yu many times im willing to help just send me what ever yu need done

i gave the sprites to hein. i am going to wait a while but i know he has school and i dont want him to feel pressure. so if in a whilte i dont get anyupdates i am going to keep working on what i have and update them. im seeing people all of the sudden make dantes and such and my project has suffered too many set backs. we will see. after i am done with goukens pony tail i will sprite dante some more
#35  September 08, 2009, 03:36:57 am
    • USA
Dante is gettin Spriting Asap, but the process is slower than usual.
#36  September 08, 2009, 05:17:46 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Yo this is oblivion Alex
anyway in terms of Dante his sprites they look good but maybe instead of using syns sprites u haohmaru and hibiki's slash sparks
#37  September 08, 2009, 01:09:11 pm
I know nothing about gameplay critique but, as far as I know about the graphics / sprites, his coat needs highlighting, I can visually see it would look complete (Not really), as seen on his pants. Also, the color choice is okay, red is fine (I honestly think it's to saturated / bright) but the green doesn't work well with the red in my opinion, complementary colors just don't work in this occasion. I would suggest a brown (More of a reddish dark orange). As said above, his face needs work and finally, his arm is kinda wonky. From my screen, I sometimes doubt hes even holding the sword (Judging by the way he holds his wrist). I think I saw in the gameplay his elbow bends backwards due to the edit of adding the sword. Even though it is possible to put your arm in that position, would you really think that animation would appear effective and strong to the viewers? It works like a sword / fist to fist fight, without sounds, there's no force in the hits, without music, theres no drama. Hope my review wasn't offensive or immature in anyway.
Oh and btw, in the 3rd animation, I just have a thought it might look more better if the animation was reversed, instead of an out-to-in slash, it go in-to-out. Just to pull away from making it look like Rock Howard.

EDIT: Heres my edit of your one to show you of what I mean

I changed 2 main colors which is white and green into light blue and brown (Hair and pants). It's not really an issue if you use greyscale colors, but if possible, add a hint of color into it, give it abit of 'life'. I didn't really reworked the arm since it was fine, redid the abs and chest buckle (I swear it looks like a bra so yea). I did a really crappy job this time. Too blended on the pants and jacket is not good enough.
Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:57:38 pm by FedoraCat
#38  September 12, 2009, 07:42:24 pm
Screenshots and progress reports helps you know. But good luck on this project. ;)
#39  September 12, 2009, 08:05:52 pm

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#40  September 14, 2009, 05:11:27 am
impressive form te previos versions