YesNoOk

Anita Sarkeesian Variety hour! (Read 325704 times)

Started by Iced, March 09, 2013, 06:48:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feminist study of games
#441  April 17, 2013, 08:08:27 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
EVERY POST AFTER THIS

Keep this topic about Feminist study of games, not arguing about stupid shit like the subjectiveness of attractiveness. There's another topic for that.
#442  April 22, 2013, 04:06:56 pm
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!

I know this is an old post but you should be more likely to give away personal information to an attractive person than unattractive. That's how most of us talk to girls.  :2thumbsup:

;D well Lando is almost 40 ( just had my 39th birthday on april 10th...yay) and i talk to women not girls so i cant relate to giving my info to a random pretty girl. I get what you saying tho. lol HMMM but if i can talk to a woman who is attractive with just 5 bucks in my pocket...why should i even think to give her personal info?  ;D The pimp game is strong bro. lol. :2thumbsup:
Still even tho the woman i deal with is very attractive and highly intelligent , do you seriously think i am gonna give her my social security number and driver license number because she attractive? Hell to the no.  thats makes total utter no sense at all and very non rational thinking for a grown man/adult. Now if i was married... yes but to some random beautiful chica...Nawwwww.  Never. lol.

@ RMH. sorry for the late reply bro. lol. Well in this study of feminism i think the discussion is moreso about what her views are and not wether the attractiveness of her plays a real part of it. I personally just cannot justify that to be a big reason cause... it can't be proven thats the case. thats moreso maybe your personal observation of the reasons for the donations being so high and how she is so easily recieving money. Those percetages on those studies are just crazy man. you gonna have me do some research on that for real. lol  :2thumbsup:

I honestly think if Anita or any person who is gonna discuss the feminisms of gaming have to step it up more than rehashing same logics we have heard time and time again to drive a point. If anything do so that brings new light to the case.
#443  April 22, 2013, 08:19:21 pm
Well I wasn't referring to stuff like SSN or driver license of course. Just regular information, phone, name, previous experiences, address, etc.

What I'm really trying to say that if you put it on a basic level we are more likely to do give away info (exchange info I should say) to people who we find attractive. *shrugs*
#444  April 22, 2013, 11:04:22 pm
  • Shakespear.

I know this is an old post but you should be more likely to give away personal information to an attractive person than unattractive. That's how most of us talk to girls.  :2thumbsup:

;D well Lando is almost 40 ( just had my 39th birthday on april 10th...yay)
Congrats man!  Happy B-lated B-day n all.

and i talk to women not girls so i cant relate to giving my info to a random pretty girl. I get what you saying tho. lol HMMM but if i can talk to a woman who is attractive with just 5 bucks in my pocket...why should i even think to give her personal info?  ;D The pimp game is strong bro. lol. :2thumbsup:
haha dude all that stuff about giving hot people personal info (exactly what info, i don't know) is just one little snip-it from the article I posted that people actually responded to.  I don't know, seems reasonable to me, but to what extent, I honestly have no idea.  And again, yeah I think more intelligent peeps are probably less likely to give up the important info.  Unless, yeah, they're single and he/she's smokin hot, cause... well... yeah. 

@ RMH. sorry for the late reply bro. lol. Well in this study of feminism i think the discussion is moreso about what her views are and not wether the attractiveness of her plays a real part of it. I personally just cannot justify that to be a big reason cause... it can't be proven thats the case. thats moreso maybe your personal observation of the reasons for the donations being so high and how she is so easily recieving money. Those percetages on those studies are just crazy man. you gonna have me do some research on that for real. lol  :2thumbsup:
Yeah it's certainly my own personal observation, and I'm stickin to it, but hey if you see it differently power to diversity of mind.

I honestly think if Anita or any person who is gonna discuss the feminisms of gaming have to step it up more than rehashing same logics we have heard time and time again to drive a point. If anything do so that brings new light to the case.
Yeah, that's kinda why I lean toward 'other factors' myself but whatevs, I'm pretty spent on the issue honestly, so I doubt I'll be doing any more responding on this thread.  Cheers, and happy b-day again man! 
#445  April 23, 2013, 03:58:27 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
lol Thanx for the reply and bday shout out RMH bro. Its was a great Bday man. lol
#446  April 28, 2013, 12:37:45 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The funniest thing? It seems while we are all talking about irrelevant things, Anita already made up to the 4th video in her series apparently...but also apparently, no one has given a damn since then lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#447  April 28, 2013, 01:54:59 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
The funniest thing? It seems while we are all talking about irrelevant things, Anita already made up to the 4th video in her series apparently...but also apparently, no one has given a damn since then lol.

Are you talking about us or the Internet.

Because if it is the latter, then it is a sign that we moved on from such things.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#448  April 28, 2013, 02:13:15 am
i havent heard about it anywhere else on the internet so i guess most people moved on. good because shes bad at this
#449  April 28, 2013, 03:19:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#450  April 28, 2013, 03:44:30 am
    • Germany

And where are the other videos you are talking about?
#451  April 28, 2013, 04:31:41 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
what if she removed the videos herself because nobody cared and then she is going to spread rumors that she was censored and have people pay attention to her again

.... that or xhominid is just wrong about the videos
#452  April 28, 2013, 04:57:58 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hmm...

Nothing about the fourth videos.

But I am glad the Internet move on.

We do not want to fan the flames.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#453  April 28, 2013, 06:38:52 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I said apparently because when I looked at my recommendations, I saw what looked like one of her Tropes Vs. Women videos at #4.

And I tried to stress apparently as hard as I did, because she DOES have a Tropes vs. Women non-part in Manic Pixie Girl for awhile now.

So my apologies since I messed up then.
(For the record, This is what I'm seeing on my Recommendations right now:
#4 The Evil Demon Seductress (Tropes vs. Women)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VeCjm1UO4M)

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#454  April 28, 2013, 07:06:21 am
did you consider looking at the upload date
#455  April 28, 2013, 07:29:12 am
  • The Goddess Returns

#456  April 28, 2013, 07:50:51 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I don't see how that is him being a smartass at all.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#457  April 28, 2013, 09:44:49 am
  • The Goddess Returns

#458  April 28, 2013, 06:16:52 pm
did you consider looking at who has moderator status in the gaming boards
#459  April 28, 2013, 08:19:53 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
did you consider looking at who has moderator status in the gaming boards
I know Tempest is the moderator, I just don't want to get something blown out of proportion over something I already apologized over.

#460  April 28, 2013, 08:25:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mistakes happen.

I did check up on one of those videos after, she seems to have a lot of wrong stuff in there, she was criticizing the powerpuff girls for having this as an enemy