YesNoOk

Jango makes best thing(Guild VN) (Read 10718 times)

Started by Jango, May 05, 2013, 10:51:28 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jango makes best thing(Guild VN)
#161  May 09, 2013, 09:43:40 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
My shitty mugen stuff:
#162  May 09, 2013, 09:48:57 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
You should put Peter in as a side character.
Peter should be a fat ugly guy who welcomes you to school and asks you out,and when you say no,he makes the Anti-TempesT group in which he is the only member.
It could also have effect on the story,like him spreading fake rumors around,twisting your words behind your back etc.
#163  May 09, 2013, 09:49:43 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Also, who the fuck is CAN.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#164  May 09, 2013, 09:54:10 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
A pretty nice guy.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#165  May 09, 2013, 09:59:38 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
#166  May 09, 2013, 11:32:09 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#167  May 09, 2013, 11:51:54 pm
  • it'll take more than minimum wage to break me...
    • Canada
    • knoc_on_wood@yahoo.com
i am starving and the bills keep pilling up so...if there is a plan for a exchange foreign student program dlc...

je suis votre homme...

get super into fighting games... for glorious fun...
#168  May 10, 2013, 12:23:40 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
If this will include voice acting, I want to audition as Titlin

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Vq9sjjulV3
That's pretty good, although I could use less background hiss. Also I don't want to give away too much, but Titiln's story does have THE FEELS all over it, so I hope you can do some more extreme emotions.

At the moment, still not planning VA'ing since I'm still trying to plot all the routes out and keep continuity consistent between them. That plus the amount of characters is pretty large so far (and I've only got two routes planned out in my head), meaning even the smallest of cameos would need a VA, but if it gets popular enough and y'all have enough stamina, it's possible.
#169  May 10, 2013, 12:25:27 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#170  May 10, 2013, 12:32:39 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
who teh fuck is anjel? :000
#171  May 10, 2013, 12:54:42 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Voice overs would not work because not everyone's mic is the same quality/volume, etc. And ain't no one at guild can do that many different voices.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#172  May 10, 2013, 12:57:09 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
tempest voice would ruin the game because it's way too cutesy :p
#173  May 10, 2013, 01:35:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
TempesT is the main character, no way would she have a voice. Because in VN tradition, the player is the main character, so TempesT is supposed to be you. TempesT is in all of you (or you're all in TempesT, I dunno)!

BTW, I just want to add that me and Iced started mapping out Act One (ie: the early stuff that will determine what route you get). It's not gonna be overly complicated, mostly it'll just be one or two choices that put you on a route, and various choices that will full on eliminate other routes, as well as a few routes that will lead to bad endings (Yes, we've decided that there will be multiple bad endings for fucking up the first Act).

Bea

#174  May 10, 2013, 02:01:22 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Keeping it simple is the best way to assure this will be finished properly. :)
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#175  May 10, 2013, 03:25:41 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
It's not gonna be overly complicated, mostly it'll just be one or two choices that put you on a route
Rape C.A.N           <---
Do not rape C.A.N

how about a dream sequence where for whatever reason you'll interact with a midnight blissed version of one of the heroines heroes or something similar you can even include and option like "who am i going to dream with?" followed by a list of available characters like is tsukihime when arcueid sends len to shiki after the fight with nrvnqsr chaos
#176  May 10, 2013, 03:52:33 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Hah, I was gonna put in a reference to Tsukihime somewhere, so I guess that works out!

Also I figured out what I'm gonna do for Bia's route. Let's just say it's going to be a dramatic departure from the rest of the stories.
#177  May 10, 2013, 03:54:26 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#178  May 10, 2013, 04:58:19 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
No way

I don't wanna get impaled on her neck.
Fixed

Damn, that Caddie route is going to be really fascinating... oh the possibilities!!!!!!!

so far it's more immersive than the visual novel it's inspired by, but i have a feeling limbs will be lost anyway
GODDAMMIT YOU RUINED THE PLOT TWIST AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGH

J/K the events in Caddie's routes are pretty well-established. I just need to write up a story summary and send it to Caddie for approval, then make changes to fit the game's timeline of events
#179  May 10, 2013, 05:56:16 am
  • Causcasian fellows can, in fact, leap! GO BROOKLYN
    • ourc.trinitymugen.net
The goal is to make a comedy VN but play it totally straight. By that I mean to the reader, the universe they live in is fucking stupid and hilarious, but the characters in it are totally serious about everything.

So yeah, not EVERYONE is going to be in it. The aim is to tell a kinda funny/decent story first, and have multiple Guild personalities second. For example, C.A.N. is the shota dating candidate because he's kinda newer to the forums versus the others that have been here for almost most of a decade.

It's basically a too many chefs thing, except it's for characters. If there are too many characters, it becomes too complex a story to follow and it gets less funny. Of course there will be supporting characters exclusive to some routes, but their purpose will be to move the story along rather than to make a joke.

Apologies to everyone who wanted Agentsix to be in it.

Ahahahahaha! If you want, I can have him killed off screen for shiggles in Caddie's route. Given the angle of his route I can write in and kill off as many cameos as you're willing to allow. Let's just say I found inspiration in a certain yard-stomping cinema, hehehehehe.
Select Filmography: Do The White Thing, Brooklyn, The Assassination of Malcolm Little, Love & Racketball, He Has Extraordinary Skill, Flimflamed, Tales from the Neighborhood
#180  May 10, 2013, 07:35:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Good lord no, not THAT intense! :(

I mean Agentsix can be in it, you can write him in, I just won't put him (or the majority of most users) in my routes.

I'll be on IRC shortly.