YesNoOk

What does not like you on a MUGEN? (Read 14474 times)

Started by Raikazu, November 18, 2016, 08:31:40 pm
Share this topic:
What does not like you on a MUGEN?
#1  November 18, 2016, 08:31:40 pm
  • ¨Misery and shadow people, at every step¨
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - Ganzomaestro
I personally ask because i want to see the opinion about the community of what they don't like on a MUGEN
I really don't like those ¨Uncomplete MUGEN¨ or chars what are pretty bad when you look it i mean some chars what don't have a balance   on the colors i prefer those what have a balance of colors like the Street Fighter VS X-MEN (PS1)
and other thinks but i prefer don't metion it.
Fear About myself, just you never know what gonna happens in you future it's severally untrue
Re: What does not like you on a MUGEN?
#2  November 18, 2016, 09:19:17 pm
    • Portugal
    • jorge.timtim@hotmail.com
alot... just mentioning one thing to let other speak
freaking palletes that make refrences to other characters... i guess it's hard to make simple/original palettes like in official games, just freaking references...
#3  November 18, 2016, 09:26:56 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You should rename the topic "what dont you like about mugen?"
#4  November 18, 2016, 10:05:25 pm
  • ¨Misery and shadow people, at every step¨
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - Ganzomaestro
freaking palletes that make refrences to other characters... i guess it's hard to make simple/original palettes like in official games, just freaking references...

yeah i can understand that it's hard to do
Fear About myself, just you never know what gonna happens in you future it's severally untrue
Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:09:39 pm by Raikazu
#5  November 18, 2016, 10:06:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I like palette references myself.
#6  November 18, 2016, 10:34:03 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Well, if the question subject is truly "What I don't like about mugen", these is my answers:

*For the engine*

- Their limitations for gameplays and system[Especially Tags and lack of more arcade options]

*For the content making itself*

- Nothing as usual

*For the whole mugen community in general*

Shots of arrogance and excessive proud, I really dislike that.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#7  November 18, 2016, 11:18:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#8  November 19, 2016, 12:37:11 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

I agree with this but for different reasons. Mostly the casual gamers who just collect stuff with over 1000+ characters. They have no desire for a better game.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9  November 19, 2016, 12:44:16 am
- Sudden close down without error message
- Character's glitch that interrupt the match
- Horrible Undefeated AI

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#10  November 19, 2016, 12:45:01 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/

i get that but at the same time i am fuckin proud i made angela belti into MK2 jax
#11  November 19, 2016, 01:04:07 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/

I agree with this but for different reasons. Mostly the casual gamers who just collect stuff with over 1000+ characters. They have no desire for a better game.

Well, I can't say this is a arrogance or even a desire to look down at others with a giant collection xD [Unless the collector is genuinely a asshole who like to show his "precious collections" just to mock others]

My real problem are content creators who have a uncommon sense of proud of their works and get a toxic way to look on other works.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#12  November 20, 2016, 07:53:23 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
about the engine....Simul MOde....No score then NO highscores tables....they would add unlockables like was in KOF 91..(I remember a KOF91 with a No panties Mai like unlocklable)..
about community: the same thing again, again and again...becoming SOS chars...How many ryus mugen need?....instead learn spriting or try to rip from other Fighting games from mame today we would got all fighters in mugen..
...what a fuck is Iori Nikaido...?Iori with Kusanagi flames is better...since that is canon in some way like KOF 97 ending...tanicfan and related creations..and crap like this:
Spoiler: I don't know what the fuck this is, but it ain't worksafe (click to see content)
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:19:36 pm by Speedpreacher
#13  November 20, 2016, 10:17:39 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
about community: the same thing again, again and again...becoming SOS chars...How many ryus mugen need?....instead learn spriting or try to rip from other Fighting games from mame today we would got all fighters in mugen..
I honestly don't like this mindset.
Let people create which char they like.

For stuff I don't like in Mugen:
How about an increase in that 60 vars and 40 floats limit?
Also, I'd like to use more than just 9000,0; 9000,1; and 9000,2 sprites for my system.def
#14  November 20, 2016, 11:19:41 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
You don't need more than 100 vars unless you're coding airplane controls. Bitwise operators with the data sizes you need will buy you a lot more (such as splitting one variable into two shorts, or one variable into 32 booleans!)

Named variables would be nice, too.

But there's hardly anything in MUGEN that hates me... besides projectiles. We all know the story with that. (I usually code anti-projectile characters to boot lol).
Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:37:09 pm by Jesuszilla

lui

#15  November 20, 2016, 11:33:10 pm
    • USA
For all you people using this thread to complain about the communitty, youre missing the point.

This is about the mugen engine itself, its very clear, its not about mugen forums or any crap like that.

I hope people start discussing about the actual limits of the engine and not just complain about mfg. This isnt what this thread is for and honestly its very annoying to see a rant that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
#16  November 21, 2016, 12:42:33 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I think projectiles don't like me on MUGEN. Sometimes I wake up at night in a cold sweat, and I can just hear a Hadou Ken pulsing in my closet. I've tried many times to rid myself of this but to no avail. Sometimes I do an elaborate religious ceremony, other times a local superstition, but all for not. I fear the Hadou Ken in my closet will continue glowing, its vaguely fist-shaped innards staring at me like eyes hungry for bloodlust.

Thus, I've decided that when it presents itself again, I shall take my own life. I will jump from this window (three stories up) to my death. While it may be a temporarily painful death, I prefer that to the hell of what lurks within my closet.

I can hear the hitsounds again, hitting against the walls. It must not get in. Oh god, that aura! The window! The window!
#17  November 21, 2016, 04:34:20 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
You don't need more than 100 vars unless you're coding airplane controls. Bitwise operators with the data sizes you need will buy you a lot more (such as splitting one variable into two shorts, or one variable into 32 booleans!)
Oh dang, I didn't think of that.
I'll definitely be using a lot less variables for all my boolean needs now.  Thanks.
#18  November 21, 2016, 04:42:24 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

I hate how screenpacks and lifebars handle 0,0 different (center screen vs upper left corner). That's fucking annoying.
#19  November 21, 2016, 04:51:04 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I need better communication options between players and their helpers, enemy helpers, helpers working with helpers, I could make a lengthy list of things that'd improve helpers. Good grief I've had to code dumb work around s for things that should be simple!!!
#20  November 21, 2016, 05:33:35 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I hate coding helpers.

Every time it looks like I finally manage to make a simple and effective code for helpers, something goes wrong, and I always end up having to copy basically the entire state -2 to every helper I make  :(