YesNoOk

for those who drive. where do you hate to drive? (Read 1711 times)

Started by Valerie, May 05, 2010, 12:48:39 pm
Share this topic:
for those who drive. where do you hate to drive?
#1  May 05, 2010, 12:48:39 pm
i spend the week in pittsburgh pa. (oldest son graduated u of pittsburgh  yay him)  that is one fucked up city to drive. i go back at the end of the month to move him back to nm.  i thought of hiring someone.  thats how bad i hate driving there.
Re: for those who drive. where do you hate to drive?
#2  May 05, 2010, 01:01:22 pm
roads
#3  May 05, 2010, 02:01:49 pm
    • USA
In Georgia, everything is spread apart. You cannot walk anywhere, you better have a car at hand or your screwed walking on the highways and freeways.
#4  May 05, 2010, 02:06:01 pm
    • Thailand
I live in New York City, so......
#5  May 05, 2010, 02:34:08 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
I just moved back to Pa from Northern Virginia. That place is pretty shitty to drive, and gives Toyota drivers a very VERY bad name. If you see someone in a Toyota there's about an 80% they are doing 10mph under the speed limit minimum(100% chance if they are driving a Toyota Hybrid) and also a good chance that they are swerving around in their lane like drunken idiot or trying to get that last word typed into to their cell phone text message. I have no idea why this is the case, especially when nearly half the drivers go 10 over the speed limit, and nearly half of whats left go even faster.

Route 66 sucks ass when you are getting towards I-495(the Capital Beltway) almost all the time. 495 almost always sucks, even when the traffic is good, I still find it an awful area to drive. Further north into MD there's I-95, you get a high speed limit, less awful Toyota drivers, but there are State Troopers everywhere on that stretch of Road, it doesn't help that it's normally one the biggest parts of my trips.

It's interesting to see the different nature of driving though. No one in Maryland/Northern Virginia seems to know that cars have something called a turn signal. You also have the super fast drivers and the super slow drivers.

People in Lancaster County, Pa where I currently reside drive overly cautious, and frequently putz around like they don't have to be anywhere(not as bad as those DC area Toyotas though).

Philadelphia drivers all seem like your typical non-courteous asshole drivers, but at least they get to where they want to go, and in a timely fashion. They might frequently honk, flip you off, send profanity your way, or drag you out of your car at an intersection and beat you for driving like a we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years. But in the end isn't that what driving should be all about?
I also heard Pittsburgh was more pleasant that Filthadelphia. But that's coming from people who haven't been there in about 25 years. I was actually considering moving there not long ago, hoping it would be more friendly easy to get around by car than Philly.

I heard the whole LA area is a great place to drive though. I have no intention ever going near that city if I can get away with it. It apparently ties Northern Virginia for shitty traffic and sometimes has it even worse. Hopefully, people with Toyotas know how to drive them over on the west side at least.
#6  May 05, 2010, 02:42:33 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
(Iran) Ghazvin : Older people are good drivers however the teenagers are fucking horrible at driving, always playing shitty loud music and talking on their cellphones.
Tehran : Same as Ghazvin, although a bit better since the teenagers are not the rowdy rural immigrant types.
Mashad : Horrid drivers, nearly all of them drive cars like they're on crack.

(India) Pune : Drivers are fucking horrible, always going either super fast or super slow. Bombay : Much better drivers, although that's since they're used to fucking bad traffic conditions.

I don't think anyone beats Chinese drivers at bad driving though : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcsZxUDWCXg

They all seem to be blind and lacking brakes in their cars.
#7  May 05, 2010, 03:13:27 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
I still wonder why some Germans are wining about bad drivers here in my country, since they would go  o_O if the would see Vids like KOD posted. Somehow after my own experiances Germans where the best drivers. It was horrible at other countrys where I've spend some time (Spain, France, CZ, Holland , Italy,[+my mum told me how shitty they drive in Turky] but excluding USA , they where driving ok)
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#8  May 05, 2010, 03:50:42 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
in my town, we drive slow 40-60km/h, since the roads are relatively narrow, and there are lots of motorcycle, the traffic seems crowded, but everything fits through without bruising each other, what I hate the most are the public minibus drivers, they stop and go wherever and whenever they want without looking at the traffic.

and people who sms-ing while riding their motorcycle
#9  May 05, 2010, 04:25:12 pm
  • I is a chicken? Lol?
    • StormEX.Webs.com/
I live in New York City, so......
Why most you always say that. WE KNOW ALREADY!

:On-topic:
Does a bike count? I use mine on the dally basis, because i live so fare out in the middle of know where its not even funny. :ninja:

I just noticed, that the kid in my avatar looks just like Titlin except with blonde hair. I'm not even joking.
#10  May 05, 2010, 04:25:53 pm
  • "Passin out poison apples..."
near about where texas weslyn

never ever stop at a red light or a stop sign at night
NEVER

i swear bloods swarm you and rob you blind
seriously no joke

"actions have reactions dont be quick quick to judge,
 you may not know the hardships people dont speak of,
 it's best to step back and observe with couth,
 for we all must meet our moment of truth"
 Credit To Yzan
#11  May 05, 2010, 04:56:50 pm
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
everywhere are other cars around.
#12  May 05, 2010, 04:57:54 pm
  • SNK is life
hate driving 1 hour to work every day.

- RED - Current route, my parents' house
- BLUE - Old route, my own place (which I had to leave after all my shit was stolen)
#13  May 05, 2010, 05:02:11 pm
  • "Passin out poison apples..."
hate driving 1 hour to work every day.

- RED - Current route, my parents' house
- BLUE - Old route, my own place (which I had to leave after all my shit was stolen)

oh gawd i feel for you

i once had to drive into downtown chihuahua in rush hour
you cant tell whats parked or whats moving
man you have my upmost respect for going through all of that

"actions have reactions dont be quick quick to judge,
 you may not know the hardships people dont speak of,
 it's best to step back and observe with couth,
 for we all must meet our moment of truth"
 Credit To Yzan

Mog

#14  May 05, 2010, 05:39:11 pm
  i thought of hiring someone.

Really?  How much?  Pittsburgh is tricky because of the bridges and tunnels and following the colored routes,  I suppose if you live there, you dont mind replacing brakes every 4 months and a new clutch every year.

I've driven every city (and most small towns) east of the Mississippi and they all have problems of some kind.  Like Detroit you can't turn left and when you get around the suburbs, the address on one side of the street is 12786, on the other it's 18G.  Or Baltimore cuz it seems like the whole city is projects and you can NEVER get a motel unless you reserve months in advance.  DC is insane, the beltway at 5 pm.  Philadelphia...  spare me, I used to have to drive to Center City, where I could park my car for a dollar a minute.  NYC wasn't all that bad, but Jersey City and Newark scared me.  I always felt like I should have an armed guard along.

The only place I never felt really safe was East Cleveland.  Well and Charolette, NC for a different reason.  Southern guys are the nicest guys in the whole world, until you get them behind the wheel of a vehicle, then they all think they are  NASCAR drivers.  Anyplace in florida is kinda crazy, all those old people.  But the one place I've gone to quite a few times that is absolutely confusing is Hickory, NC.

Look closely at the names of the streets.  The whole city is like that.  The first time I went there I had to find sn equipment yard on 12th.  uhhh  12th what?  And of course the roads arent straight, that would be too easy.

:bow:
#15  May 05, 2010, 05:56:25 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Help the mouse to find the cheese:

look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#16  May 05, 2010, 06:01:07 pm
    • Chile
The Delorean, stupid McFly
#17  May 05, 2010, 06:09:15 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Dallas. Period. It's the reason I smoke.
#18  May 05, 2010, 06:29:20 pm
  • SNK is life
#19  May 05, 2010, 09:43:48 pm
    • Thailand
#20  May 05, 2010, 09:58:15 pm
  • Unique, just like everyone else
Southern guys are the nicest guys in the whole world...

Why thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

...until you get them behind the wheel of a vehicle, then they all think they are  NASCAR drivers.

Also, sorry about that.

Aaaanyhoo.

Raleigh NC is bullshit.  I never have any fucking idea where I am until I see the goddamn stadium, and even then I can barely get back to Highway 39 from there.

Henderson NC kinda sucks, too.  But holy fuck that map of Hickory makes my car cry.  I will never ever go there without borrowing ym brother's GPS.  Fuck that.