Warnings v2 (Read 2957064 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:40:57 pm
Re: Warnings v2
#721  September 20, 2011, 01:34:53 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I don't see any problem with that especific image as long as it is changed to fit our signature's size rule.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#722  September 20, 2011, 01:36:20 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yep, i would. But it's still got the requirement of the user actually breaking rules or causing a problem. Just saying a warning from us isn't necessary if the userbase has it right already. People should know when they're crossing the line (and generally do)

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#723  September 20, 2011, 01:48:55 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Mierdobazofia is here just to cause trouble, he knows, users know, we know, in a case like that, a ban without the staff discussion is totally understandable.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand

Mog

#724  September 20, 2011, 02:01:20 am
Was that image in a spoiler already?  Caddie, I never have seen the point of oversexualized cartoons (if it be the hint of something naughty like panties showing or those ridiculous HUGE bewbies), I feel that image is kind of tacky bordering on distasteful, but I'm old AND Amish.  And when you are talking about something like that (cartoon) where do you draw the line of whats acceptable and what isn't?  With the legal definition of CP in art according to the US law or something else?  Because if you start removing sigs you find personally offensive that dont really break any rules, thats just not right.

As far as banning the troublemaker, I did say I was speaking in general, not specific.

:bow:

#725  September 20, 2011, 02:07:40 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its a weird subject, because if it was a really manly guy dressed the same way caddie wouldnt have an issue with it.  However if he removes it we have to start going after the same kind of thing for girls, and thats a whole mess right there.

I still think the sig is weirdass and bad, but im anti weeaboo.
#726  September 20, 2011, 02:14:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Common sense? Or Lord of the Flies depending on how unpopular someone is who may NOT be breaking any rules.   If 10 users and Rajaa discover they can get anyone banned just by being vocal about it, thats not always a good thing either. (I'm talking in general, not specific.)
Well yes, the mob mentality would in general. But we aren't talking about general, we're talking about a very specific case about an user that kept posting bullshit pseudo existentialist stuff and was told to fuck because he's objectively annoying. This isn't the same as banning someone solely on the grounds that 10 people dislike him, it's based on the fact that people in general found him obnoxious because his post are bad and undesirable on the board.

On the subject of the sig: If it bothers you just add a nsfw tag to the spoiler.

#727  September 20, 2011, 02:24:48 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
However if he removes it we have to start going after the same kind of thing for girls, and thats a whole mess right there.

If it was a little girl I would be saying the same thing. It's just creepy that it's a sexualized picture with a character that looks too young for that. Even if it's not TOO sexual, STILL. :-\

Btw I was joking around by saying "yall are into that", you know how I do. :P
Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:28:13 am by Caddie
#728  September 20, 2011, 05:30:00 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Yes Caddie, we know you were just trying to hide your own deviancy. Tryingto shift the focus as it were.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#729  September 20, 2011, 05:34:07 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Hey, the ass I had in my sig was 18+. >:( And based on me in a roundabout way.
#730  September 22, 2011, 04:32:59 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
my pc is borked, so i dunno when i will have the cash for replacement parts,could be tomorrow or a week from now,im postin from the ps3.
till im back keep an eye on not.mahboi and ban him the second he starts wanking about bad crappy chars
#731  September 22, 2011, 01:01:28 pm
    • Thailand
What about Ohsky? He's still posting about lambs, but hasn't replied to your personal message.
#732  September 22, 2011, 03:22:29 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Sorry to hear about your PC Iced, hope you're back soon. :( I will also keep an eye out.
#733  September 23, 2011, 06:10:37 am
    • Thailand
#734  September 25, 2011, 01:11:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Banned mierdabazofia again.
#735  September 28, 2011, 07:36:19 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Werewood was continuously bumping all of his old release threads in a very spammy attention seeking way, so I banned him for 2 days for the following reasons:

1. To clean up his bumps.
2. To prevent him from continuing to bump.
3. Hopefully to cool his head down.
4. To decide if we should take further action based on his recent behavior.

Sound good?

Mog

#736  September 28, 2011, 07:36:31 pm
I was just getting ready to clean up the spam in releases by

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?action=profile;u=5543

I see Rajaa was on top of it.  Did you ban the username?  I was going to to stop the flooding and got the alert that a ban on that username already existed.

edit to add:   Ah ok, Caddie did.  So I'm not crazy. 
#737  September 28, 2011, 07:38:08 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Yes, he's been banned several times already as I tried Werewood and Werewood 2 before settling on naming it "WerewoodCadBan". :-\
#738  September 28, 2011, 07:49:04 pm
    • Thailand
I wasn't even considering banning him, but I was about to post here to ask everyone what we should do for him.

He's ridiculous. His mugen discussion topics are outright stupid. I thought my concern with him months ago was just me being mean, but now I see that it wasn't just me being mean because he really is a problem -- really has a problem. I thought the way he posted would fade to something more acceptable as the time went on, but it didn't.

He's not a newbie. He knows how things work. He just keeps using that "newbie" nonsense as an excuse to make stupid topics and posts.

He can't be talked to because he has both low self-esteem AND high self-esteem at the same time. He's completely unstable.

Mog

#739  September 28, 2011, 07:56:40 pm
You know how I feel about banning.  Sometimes I guess it's needed on a temporary basis (to stop flooding, spamming, whatever).  But I dont think he's done anything bad enough to be banned forever.

#740  September 28, 2011, 08:20:05 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Agreed, should his ban be longer than 2 days though?