YesNoOk

Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated) (Read 41672 times)

Started by Trololo, February 25, 2020, 03:39:54 pm
Share this topic:

DW

Re: Cody by Trololo Released (+Balrog Seriously Updated)
#41  February 29, 2020, 06:07:03 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Why wouldn't it work with just normal required sprites? I mean, this throw animates similar for p2 like how I did Strider's air throw. Along with Morrigan's Sexual Embrace air throw. I didn't use any AngleDraw stuffz. But hey, w/e works, works I suppose. I feel like you made it more complicated than it needed to be lol.
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:12:26 am by DW
#42  February 29, 2020, 06:08:39 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

He suddenly turns around once P2 goes flying off, which very much does not happen in SFA3.

May I ask, what version are you using?
[Edit]: I see. In Arcade version he indeed doesn't turn. But in MAX for PSP, as you can see, he does.

Why wouldn't it work with just normal required sprites? I mean, this throw animates similar for p2 like how I did Stirder's air throw. Along with Morrigan's Sexual Embrace air throw. I didn't use any AngleDraw stuffz. But hey, w/e works, works I suppose. I feel like you made it more complicated than it needed to be lol.
No, I'm serious. It seems not only KFM doesn't use OTG sprites in the group I used, but also I didn't find those at all in some chars since, well, CvS chars use, AFAIK, hit the ground sprites for that. So, yeah, the best option here is to go with rotated 5011.
Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:15:45 am by Trololo
#43  February 29, 2020, 06:16:55 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
May I ask, what version are you using?
[Edit]: I see. In Arcade version he indeed doesn't turn. But in MAX for PSP, as you can see, he does.
Vanilla. Seems to have been a weird error introduced with Upper, cuz the Dreamcast version also has him turn. It looks so weird!

DW

#44  February 29, 2020, 06:17:49 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hmm IDK... I used 5031, 30 for Strider and 5041, 20 for Morrigan. Maybe try one of those out? For when he's falling with p2.
#45  February 29, 2020, 06:29:11 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
Vanilla. Seems to have been a weird error introduced with Upper, cuz the Dreamcast version also has him turn. It looks so weird!
No, that's not a mistake. If you'll look at that throw frame by frame (for example, at some video), you'll notice, that last frames are from turning animation, meaning that it's an intended change.

Hmm IDK... I used 5031, 30 for Strider and 5041, 20 for Morrigan. Maybe try one of those out? For when he's falling with p2.
Good suggestion. I guess I'm not in the mood to think today... xD
P.S.: just a funnie.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#46  February 29, 2020, 08:46:38 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
No, that's not a mistake. If you'll look at that throw frame by frame (for example, at some video), you'll notice, that last frames are from turning animation, meaning that it's an intended change.
This does not appear to the case, at least in the DC version:

2nd to last frame

last frame

stance

2nd to last frame

last frame

stance

All of these match up exactly with one another; they don't look like the turn sprites either. Cody just reverses directions twice relatively quickly in Upper and beyond, and that does not seem at all to be an intentional choice.
#47  February 29, 2020, 09:10:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Didn't cody have a running animation in a intro or something ? where he runs away from a cop ? I guess its an end pose.
I remember his eyes were all weird on that one though.

For the jail sprite set this is somewhat usable for the normal one it will make no sense. If this is touched up it can be good.
Oh yeah, that just reminded me of something. Speaking about that animation when it played during one of the win poses, I realized there's no dust effect on the startup of the run and step sounds during the running animation. Since it's a PotS style character, it feels off putting without it. I don't Eddie needs step sounds as it looks like he's walking fast. Mostly a minor aesthetic, but thought I mention that if you plan to update him again.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

DW

#48  February 29, 2020, 05:04:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm gonna side with JMM with the odd throw turn thing. I didn't say anything because it does in fact handle that way in SFA3 Max, and that's the only one I have access to. Though seeing it in vanilla, it does look like someone made a programming error for it, but just ran with it. Overall, it doesn't effect anything, but it does look odd.

MCX

#49  February 29, 2020, 07:29:32 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
I really liked this Cody, here are some suggestions or nitpicks

-The walking forward animation, could lose the 6th frame, that frame has some awkward transition that  won't look smooth like the rest of those sprites
-He is missing his intro against maki
-He is missing his basic combo from Final Fight, I don't know if this was intentional, but H' Cody has it, It would be nice to have it

You did a really great Job, my favorite from you, congratulations buddy
#50  March 01, 2020, 04:55:53 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
I dunno, pals. I actually like him turning around like that. But I have to agree, it does feel like it lacks a transition frame.

Oh yeah, that just reminded me of something. Speaking about that animation when it played during one of the win poses, I realized there's no dust effect on the startup of the run and step sounds during the running animation. Since it's a PotS style character, it feels off putting without it. I don't Eddie needs step sounds as it looks like he's walking fast. Mostly a minor aesthetic, but thought I mention that if you plan to update him again.
Heh. That's actually a good idea. Applied that.

-The walking forward animation, could lose the 6th frame, that frame has some awkward transition that  won't look smooth like the rest of those sprites
No, it couldn't. Because it will affect the animation with Jail Suit on. I tried to dampen the effect it has, but yeah, don't expect that to look good.

...maybe later?

-He is missing his basic combo from Final Fight, I don't know if this was intentional, but H' Cody has it, It would be nice to have it
I dunno, pal. Nor SFA3 (in NORMAL conditions, we don't count X-Ism Final Destruction), nor SF4 Cody has it. So, I doubt I'll have it.
And no, having Guy's combo in P.o.T.S.' version isn't an argument, since Guy REALLY has that combo in SFA3. I just checked that.
Besides, that combo is referenced in Last Dread Dust, isn't that enough? xD

MCX

#51  March 01, 2020, 04:29:59 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
#52  March 01, 2020, 04:34:52 pm
#53  March 01, 2020, 05:42:15 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile

...maybe later?

Since Knuckles launched his Maki, would be awesome to have that, maybe in the next update?
I really loved that Cody, I will try to improve his casual suit walking animation sprites.

what intro are you referring to ? I don't remember Cody and Maki having an intro ?

I think this one :/
https://youtu.be/m9ks-ECp074?t=120
Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:30:22 pm by IsRageNeko

MCX

#54  March 01, 2020, 06:14:40 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
what intro are you referring to ? I don't remember Cody and Maki having an intro ?

They didn't have it, but it was something that H' created for his Maki and Cody

DW

#55  March 01, 2020, 06:22:37 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Just for FYI; That's a custom intro that H" specifically made between his chars.
#56  March 01, 2020, 07:29:31 pm
The way you worded yourself  I assumed its an official intro which made me scratch my head.
Its a cool intro though, dunno if I would have added it being its someone else's own idea for their own chars.
Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:33:54 pm by PeXXeR
#57  March 01, 2020, 11:57:20 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
While this is going on, Adon getting updated?
I remember hearing hints towards you updating him again.

Just for FYI; That's a custom intro that H" specifically made between his chars.

Well it wouldn't hurt to include something like it, seeing they're Final Fight heros after all.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#58  March 02, 2020, 12:02:50 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
While this is going on, Adon getting updated?
I remember hearing hints towards you updating him again.

Well it wouldn't hurt to include something like it, seeing they're Final Fight heros after all.
This is the last time I am going to tell you RagingRowen. You do this everytime. Do not request/inquire about unrelated characters in release threads. I am going to revoke your posting privileges next time it happens.

DW

#59  March 02, 2020, 01:04:33 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Nothing would "hurt" anything. Though I'm in the ball park of this:

Its a cool intro though, dunno if I would have added it being its someone else's own idea for their own chars.

I'm more in favor of people having their own unique ideas for them. It's what shows a author's own unique innovation, imagination, and collaboration with other authors. Though by all means, do w/e you feel.
#60  March 02, 2020, 03:04:31 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I am absolutely loving Cody. Definitely gonna keep him around in my MUGEN. I only really have two pieces of proper feedback and three suggestions for him.

- Might have been omitted intentionally, but in SFA3 MAX you're actually able to hit the opponent with his normals after a Criminal Upper, not just Ruffian Kick. You can't connect with anything else after that, though.
- Final Destruction should have heavy punch sounds on the initial hit and every punch after the jab infinite.

Suggestions:
- On the topic of extra intros for Cody, any chance you could add his OG intro from the PSX port of Alpha 3? It's just the start-up for Bad Stone where he tosses them up in the air, I believe twice.
- I think it'd be neat/funny when if you KO with Last Dread Dust, the opponent stayed stuck in the wall. I know that's not how it was in SFIV, but it'd be a cute little touch imo.
- The jab infinite part of Final Destruction not having envshake, but like with the feedback I mentioned, I think the initial hit and every hit after the jab infinite should.

I really think this is a very solid Cody from what I've played with him. Great job, Trololo.

Edit: Some more things I actually just noticed:

- EX Ruffian Kick and Bad Spray don't have envshake.
- If you whiff his air grab, the animation and sound will keep playing until he touches the ground again.
- The midair kicks during MAX Dead End Irony lack envshake. Nix this, actually. Weirdly enough, it only lacked the envshake onnthe particular stages I had done the move on at first, but it's fine everywhere else.
- EX Bad Stone uses the projectile sound instead of the heavy punch sound.
- Final Destruction can KO before the final punch.
Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:31:04 am by Project.13