#521  October 20, 2012, 08:58:41 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Did this as a test...

Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#522  October 20, 2012, 09:15:17 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Is he in his Super Saiyan 2 state, or just Super Saiyan?

It looks good.  So going more for the Saiyaman version, then?
#523  October 20, 2012, 09:26:53 pm
    • USA
balthy i would totally help you with doing that gohan

well, attempt...
#524  October 20, 2012, 09:33:52 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#525  October 20, 2012, 10:04:39 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
#526  October 20, 2012, 11:17:53 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I told you I should have sprited him, Balthazar. Now he's just a Goklone.

But if Goku and Gohan are the Ryu and Ken, who is the Gouki?

Bardock!!!

I think you mean Broly.

Anyhow, Saiyaman Gohan is definitely the way to go. He's more technique oriented when it comes to fighting since he refused to use ki attacks as Saiyaman. Not just a bunch of kicks and punches.
Plus, he would have a very interesting set of attacks in Mugen. I think the way Kim Kaphwan fights is similar to how Saiyaman Gohan should fight.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#527  October 21, 2012, 01:16:42 am
  • Not for sale
Did this as a test...

That looks kick ass! I'd love to see this character fleshed out. Keep him in normal form, though. Black hair totally suits the Saiyaman outfit better! Plus they totally raped SSJ Gohan when he was in that suit.
#528  October 21, 2012, 01:19:25 am
Saiyaman outfit + base form kind of calls for locking up all his powers and restricting him to the showy masked hero that does nothing else that kicking thugs out of crime.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#529  October 21, 2012, 01:22:59 am
  • Not for sale
Not really. SSJ Gohan was depicted terribly in the Buu Saga. At least with his black hair you have some reminiscence of his ultimate form where he had some redemption. Plus, Gohan is still Saiyaman after he gains his ultimate form.

The whole SSJ transformation was raped to the point of insignificance in the Buu Saga. I never followed the whole fanboy outlook in which people only want characters to be depicted in their "top form", regardless of how ridiculously poor those forms were depicted in the actual series. Adult Gohan had far more personality in his standard form as Saiyaman. He did all kinds of goofy shit, but still whooped ass.

Capture what makes Gohan, Gohan. Make him stand out with what made the character great, before they gave up on characterization and just started dumping transformations on everyone for instant gratification.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:35:30 am by AugustAPC
#530  October 21, 2012, 01:27:57 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
No way. If it's only the black hair you'd want then I'd just go for Ultimate/Mystic Gohan. If I had to choose any Buu Saga Gohan, besides Ultimate, it would definitely have to be the exact one he just posted. Gohan is pretty useless in base form except during the Namek Saga. . . . . .but if I had ANY say....I'd say drop Buu Saga Gohan and gimme my main man Cell Saga SSJ2 Teen Gohan.
#531  October 21, 2012, 01:31:56 am
Base form Gohan puts on the Saiyaman outfit to fight bank robbers, not superpowered aliens that can blow up the planet in one move. If he's serious, he's not in saiyaman outfit.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#532  October 21, 2012, 01:35:10 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Base form Gohan puts on the Saiyaman outfit to fight bank robbers, not superpowered aliens that can blow up the planet in one move. If he's serious, he's not in saiyaman outfit.
My argument is only this...who the hell in MUGEN is Gohan going to be fighting that consist of back alley thugs and bank robbers?

....wait....don't answer that.

#533  October 21, 2012, 01:45:05 am
  • Not for sale

Gohan before he fights with Hirudegarn.

Fuck all transformations that happened after The Cell Games. They were ALL done terribly. SSJ and SSJ2 were actually cool before the Buu Saga. After that, they just became generic tools for instant gratification to satisfy viewers that didn't care about the actual story. In much the same vein as adding SSJ3 Vegeta to Raging Blast 2, even though it went completely against his character. The only justification for it was, "who cares if it makes no sense and completely destroys Vegeta's character, he's stronger now!!"
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:48:35 am by AugustAPC
#534  October 21, 2012, 01:46:19 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
#535  October 21, 2012, 01:47:07 am
    • USA
It is, WOTD takes place after the Buu Saga
#536  October 21, 2012, 01:48:06 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Well yeah I'd be all about that form of Gohan, but I was saying NON-Awakened Base Form Gohan is pretty blah...IMO.
#537  October 21, 2012, 01:51:35 am
Seconding what Niko said. If we're talking Ultimate/Mystic Gohan, it's the Turtle school uniform. Otherwise it's like taking Majin Vegeta and giving him his very first Saiyan saga armor just because he had it in the past. Majin Vegeta goes without armor, Mystic Gohan wears the Turtle school uniform, and he wears the Saiyaman outfit to fight bank robbers.
In much the same vein as adding SSJ3 Vegeta to Raging Blast 2, even though it went completely against his character.
Uh, Vegeta keeping training until he reaches at least the same level as Goku if not past him is completely in line with his character, even after the Buu saga.
#538  October 21, 2012, 01:52:24 am
  • Not for sale
They look the same, which is my point. SSJ Gohan was pathetic in the Buu Saga, anyway. His normal form was no worse off.

Posted: October 21, 2012, 01:54:16 am
Uh, Vegeta keeping training until he reaches at least the same level as Goku if not past him is completely in line with his character, even after the Buu saga.

You completely miss the point of the SSJ transformation. It never came from just "training"... it was always a life changing event in which power was needed, not wanted.

No offense, but you're the kind of person I'm talking about. Don't care about characterization, just want to see more fireworks.

Seconding what Niko said. If we're talking Ultimate/Mystic Gohan, it's the Turtle school uniform. Otherwise it's like taking Majin Vegeta and giving him his very first Saiyan saga armor just because he had it in the past. Majin Vegeta goes without armor, Mystic Gohan wears the Turtle school uniform, and he wears the Saiyaman outfit to fight bank robbers.

Once again, here is Gohan, wearing his Saiyaman outfit, about to fight Hirudegarn, who is not a robber/thug.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:58:53 am by AugustAPC
#539  October 21, 2012, 02:01:49 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Cell Saga is where the series ended for me. Everything after that was horrible in my eyes. Save for some of the movie villians and Kid Buu. I can't get enough of that pint-sized asshole for some reason. But when it comes to Gohan in the Buu Saga he looked HORRIBLE in any SSJ form.

APC I totally did forget about him wearing the outfit in WOTD, but sicne you reminded me I'm all about Mystic Gohan in the Saiyaman outfit.
#540  October 21, 2012, 02:02:28 am
You completely miss the point of the SSJ transformation. It never came from just "training"... it was always a life changing event in which power was needed, not wanted.
That's totally how it worked out for Goku reaching SSJ3 :blank:
No offense, but you're the kind of person I'm talking about. Don't care about characterization, just want to see more fireworks.
Nice... I hated SSJ kid Trunks and Goten that were completely pointless, but you were talking about Vegeta and the SSJ3 level. Vegeta training the same way Goku did to reach SSJ3 is not out of character like you make it out to be.
Once again, here is Gohan, wearing his Saiyaman outfit, about to fight Hirudegarn, who is not a robber/thug.
What part of "the image associated with this form" did you not get the first three times

Please don't jump on high horses like you're the only one who cares for the true spirit of Dragon Ball Z, thank you.