YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 489550 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#541  October 21, 2012, 02:08:07 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Not taking sides but this totally smells like the late 90's where all the American kids thought they knew everything about DBZ and would argue about the stupidest things with older people who had seen the series WAY past what was airing here in the states.

....Those were dark times....and lots of amateur horribly made fan websites with colors that burned out your retinas.
#542  October 21, 2012, 02:10:08 am
  • Not for sale
Cell Saga is where the series ended for me. Everything after that was horrible in my eyes. Save for some of the movie villians and Kid Buu. I can't get enough of that pint-sized asshole for some reason. But when it comes to Gohan in the Buu Saga he looked HORRIBLE in any SSJ form.

APC I totally did forget about him wearing the outfit in WOTD, but sicne you reminded me I'm all about Mystic Gohan in the Saiyaman outfit.

I'm with you. It's like Toriyama stopped giving a shit after the Cell Saga. He had everything mapped out PERFECTLY, and he just gave it all up.

Gohan's surpassing his father. Goku passing the role of protector of earth onto his son. Vegeta coming full circle, realizing WHY he couldn't keep up with Gohan and Goku and vowing never to fight again.

Can you imagine if they actually continued THAT story instead creating that steaming pile of Buu?

What if VEGETA was the one who had fallen out of practice? What if Gohan needed his help and had to remind him of his pride and his reason to fight. Vegeta could have had a sick return to form.

Instead, Vegeta returned to the same ol' shit. Completely forgot all the lessons he learned. Goku came back for more of the same ol' shit. And the SSJ form lost every shred of integrity it ever had.

That's totally how it worked out for Goku reaching SSJ3 :blank:

That's why that form was fucking stupid.

What part of "the image associated with this form" did you not get the first three times
Associated by you. Ultimate Gohan had a total of two appearances. One wearing Goku's Gi. The other wearing his Saiyaman get up. The only thing I associate with Ultimate Gohan is that his hair is black and his facial features are more defined.

Not taking sides but this totally smells like the late 90's where all the American kids thought they knew everything about DBZ and would argue about the stupidest things with older people who had seen the series WAY past what was airing here in the states.

....Those were dark times....and lots of amateur horribly made fan websites with colors that burned out your retinas.

Ever heard of the site KissDBZ.com? That was the first site that got me into spriting. I remember when I used to use Altavista search engine to google DBZ gifs. I found gifs from Super Butdoen and Hyper Dimension, then eventually found people editing sprites from those games. This was back in like... 1999. THOSE were good times! lol.

I do remember the old Broly SSJ 5 pics and shit, though. Haha.

God damn, I remember I took a vacation to Chile during this time. I got food poisoning and had to stay in our hotel for the rest of the trip. Only thing that was cool was that DBZ was on, and it was much further in the story than America was. Only it was in Spanish and I couldn't understand it. I was still hyped as fuck to watch it, though.

Fuckin' memories!
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:19:14 am by AugustAPC
#543  October 21, 2012, 02:13:35 am
    • USA
I made a couple ideas for a Saiyaman gohan moveset

Justice Finishing Pose (QCB + Taunt)
Gohan does his signature pose

Justice Carnival (QCB + K)
Gohan kicks the opponent in the gut, then does multiple spinning kicks. Normal one does 2 kicks while EX version does 5 kicks and a overhead kick which knocks them to the ground.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Justice Dynamite (Throw?)
Gohan punches then kicks the opponent in the air, hops up and does a gut kick smash back to the ground.

Justice Wave (QCFx2 + P)
Gohan sticks his hand outward, then fires a shockwave which has wallbounce capabilities

Explosive Madan (QCBx2 + P)
Gohan does his signature Masenko, however it is short range instead of a beam.

Justice Judgement (QCF QCB + P)
Starts off with a barrage of punches and kicks, then the Justice Punch, which knocks them away. Gohan then poses, gets ready, then does the Justice Kick, slashing through the opponent as the screen goes Black and the words "Hero of Justice" are written in Kanji
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:17:34 am by Karasai
#544  October 21, 2012, 02:18:43 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA

Justice Finishing Pose (QCB + Taunt)
Gohan does his signature pose

Justice Wave (QCFx2 + P)
Gohan sticks his hand outward, then fires a shockwave which has wallbounce capabilities

Explosive Madan (QCBx2 + P)
Gohan does his signature Masenko, however it is short range instead of a beam.

Justice Judgement (QCF QCB + P)
Starts off with a barrage of punches and kicks, then the Justice Punch, which knocks them away. Gohan then poses, gets ready, then does the Justice Kick, slashing through the opponent as the screen goes Black and the words "Hero of Justice" are written in Kanji

Eh...I don't know. The only Saiyaman playable in a 2D game I can think of off the top of my head sucked ass, might work though.

Can you imagine if they actually continued THAT story instead creating that steaming pile of Buu?

What if VEGETA was the one who had fallen out of practice? What if Gohan needed his help and had to remind him of his pride and his reason to fight. Vegeta could have had a sick return to form.

WANT
#545  October 21, 2012, 02:23:45 am
  • Not for sale
Also, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I speak passionately 'cause DBZ was a huge part of my childhood. Main reason I love Balth so much for taking these characters I love and actually doing them justice in my favorite gaming genre.

If you like SSJ3. More power to you. I'm just stating my opinions and personal preferences.
#546  October 21, 2012, 02:25:57 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Is it really such a big deal if he's in Saiyajin form or Regular/Mystic form? The whole point was to make him different from Goku and that was already achieved by changing the outfit and hair color.
Personally, Saiyajin Saiyaman kind of ruins his image, but not enough to fight about it.

Justice Carnival (QCB + K)
Gohan kicks the opponent in the gut, then does multiple spinning kicks. Normal one does 2 kicks while EX version does 5 kicks and a overhead kick which knocks them to the ground.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Yes! I think a kicking character would be perfect for Saiyaman.
Now that I think about it...didn't Saiyaman have a kick where he would shoot ki like blades from his leg?
Also, leg grapples.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#547  October 21, 2012, 02:29:03 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Not that I can remember. My favorite Gohan kick is the downward machine gun kick that he learned from Piccolo. In Hyper Dimension it was the (In Air QCF + K) so as long as he has that I don't care what is made.
#548  October 21, 2012, 02:32:07 am
  • Not for sale
Don't mistake discussion for fighting.

No, it really doesn't matter. Just offering my view on the matter. I realize that, with Gohan's hair, the pallet could be changed to make him appear normal or SSJ very easily. My main thing is I want to see Gohan's personality realized just as well as Vegeta's was, without having to rely on SSJ for that epic feel.

Balth is gonna show up and be like, "WTF, I just did one sprite!" lol.

Anyway, I'm out of bullets. I hope Balth eventually has the inspiration to do continue working on Gohan.
#549  October 21, 2012, 02:37:21 am
    • USA
The move Noctis is talking about is Justice Kick

Now that you mention it, I could see Saiyaman Gohan as a kicky character, He had that fancy kick chain combo in Budokai 3 and Infinite World

0:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3fBgYaHrAM
#550  October 21, 2012, 07:01:01 am
Everyone had fancy combos in B3/IW lol. One thing I will say is that all iterations of Gohan from games should be taken into consideration as far as moves go, speaking of which it's another reason I don't want (Pre) Teen Gohan, because he has less moves to use overall.
#551  October 21, 2012, 10:39:02 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Balth is gonna show up and be like, "WTF, I just did one sprite!" lol.

WTF, I just did one sprite!!

No need to give movelist suggestions, his current movelist as it's planned is already dope.

Looks to me he already had that :mtongue:

Same with the diving Kick Flurry, he already has it in my char!

And for all discussions: I was never really a fan of the whole Mystic Gohan thing, so he's just gonna be 'Gohan',
and you can decide for yourself if he's base form or 'Mystic' form.
I just think the Saiyaman outfit is cool and makes him stand out a lot more from Goku,
but I haven't decided if it's worth redoing all his sprites like that, but shit WILL have to be redone in order for me to be satisfied.
#552  October 21, 2012, 11:10:00 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming

Why not this? :)
#553  October 21, 2012, 11:25:04 am
    • Netherlands
Another option, yeah. Chamat did make LOTS of alternate sprites for me, with that custom.
The sprites are more my problem then the custom, I just feel like redoing them completely, whatever the outfit.
#554  October 21, 2012, 11:28:31 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
It would be so much better to simply do a Gohan SSJ2 Cell saga...

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#555  October 21, 2012, 11:55:01 am
    • Netherlands
This is obviously a thread discussing a character that was already started, I dont see how that comment helps in anyway.

I wish you'd give some more constructive replies then the ones you've been giving.
Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:56:04 pm by Balthazar
#556  October 21, 2012, 03:19:42 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
There's no such thing as constructive when people want something.

If I could sprite in the Z2 style i'd make a Masenko anim for shits and giggles
#557  October 21, 2012, 04:11:06 pm
    • Netherlands
^
don't do unneccesairy things :P
#558  October 21, 2012, 07:53:29 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Screw you Barrels!
Balthazar rocks.
I like the Mashenko sprite,but a question,will the Z2 team make only DBZ chars or will you guys do other game/cartoon characters etc.?
#559  October 21, 2012, 08:08:37 pm
    • Netherlands
Most possibly DBZ chars yeah.
#560  October 21, 2012, 08:18:29 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Does that mean I should give up making Krillin Z2 style?