Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 493888 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#561  October 21, 2012, 08:40:57 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hhhm yeah XD

I don't want to come off inpolite, but if you would do such a thing, I'd have to get in there to oversee the char or something,
making sure it has the same quality control...agh no that will be hell, my brain's already about to explode XD
I can't stop you from doing your own thing ofcourse, but just don't label it Z2...
It's only Z2 if it's by Balthazar+Cybaster. We should copyright this or something ;)
#562  October 21, 2012, 08:48:53 pm
  • Not for sale
And for all discussions: I was never really a fan of the whole Mystic Gohan thing, so he's just gonna be 'Gohan',
and you can decide for yourself if he's base form or 'Mystic' form.
I just think the Saiyaman outfit is cool and makes him stand out a lot more from Goku,
but I haven't decided if it's worth redoing all his sprites like that, but shit WILL have to be redone in order for me to be satisfied.

So I guess that means he will be conceptualized to be in his standard form. Good to hear.

I really liked his Saiyaman outfit when he took off the bandana and glasses. Tunics can be definitely be pretty bad ass. Link is living proof of that. Plus, you've got an endless supply of great win-poses if you decide to start working on him again.
#563  October 21, 2012, 08:55:24 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
"from my point of view" i think that mystic gohan is the best gohan.... i mean he was at his top.... you'll just have to fix his stance or some sprites to make him different... i mean you've really worked on him and he was looking really nice.... or like someone said before you can use his purple gi..... but without losing what you've done so far....
#564  October 22, 2012, 12:53:32 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Of course Balth. I know that, I just wanted to make a Krillin that was bad ass enough to go along with your stuff, but I think I'll give that up. I lost all the progress I made shortly after I asked for your opinion on my Krillin's proportions and began spriting. Anyway if you EVER work on him and need an english VA for him I'm actually a pretty damn good Krillin. Actually freaked Kyle Hebert and Sonny out when I did it.
#565  October 22, 2012, 02:36:55 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
^
don't do unneccesairy things :P

I was totally gonna do that tomorrow :grrr:  j/k I guess I missed that earlier in the thread (I refuse to go through 29 pages ¬_¬)
Looks smooth  :2thumbsup:

lol KrillinZ2 would need a KidGokuZ2 IMO and then a Young Bulma and a young Yamacha and a Master Roshi and a turtle and a Young Chichi and and and
#566  October 22, 2012, 02:40:31 am
making sure it has the same quality control...agh no that will be hell, my brain's already about to explode XD
I can't stop you from doing your own thing ofcourse, but just don't label it Z2...
It's only Z2 if it's by Balthazar+Cybaster. We should copyright this or something ;)

So Chamat and Koopakoot were exiled from it?
#567  October 22, 2012, 02:47:39 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
lol KrillinZ2 would need a KidGokuZ2 IMO and then a Young Bulma and a young Yamacha and a Master Roshi and a turtle and a Young Chichi and and and

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. Krillin does NOT need Kid Goku. He's the strongest Human in the entire series. Seriously a lot of people neglect him but if you play him in ANY of the Budokai/Tenkaichi/Raging Blasts he is in the top spot for fastest Z Fighters....besides SSJ2 Teen Gohan.
#568  October 22, 2012, 02:53:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...But fastest doesn't equal strongest...also, I thought Tien was the strongest human?  Unless you count Uub.

Also, nice Masenko.  Something about the back foot just getting squished after firing looks a little odd to me, though.
#569  October 22, 2012, 03:50:02 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. Krillin does NOT need Kid Goku. He's the strongest Human in the entire series. Seriously a lot of people neglect him but if you play him in ANY of the Budokai/Tenkaichi/Raging Blasts he is in the top spot for fastest Z Fighters....besides SSJ2 Teen Gohan.
Calm Down. I was just saying at that point he'd be making the whole cast,plus when I think about Krillin I think Dragonball for some odd reason  :dizzy2:
Technically he's Goku's best friend(though personally I felt like it wasnt even evident during the Z series besides the Frieza Saga) so wouldnt be too far off for Kid Goku to be made IF Krillin was made. Plus Powerpole Kid Goku kicks ass.
Also, nice Masenko.  Something about the back foot just getting squished after firing looks a little odd to me, though.

Now that you mention it......

:inquisitive:
#570  October 22, 2012, 04:31:15 am
  • Not for sale
Krillin is cool. I was sad to see so many characters get the back seat in DBZ. They remained fairly relevant through the Cell Saga... but I'm not gonna get into how much I hate the Buu Saga again, lol. Honestly, I think many of the "Z-Fighters" have more potential as 2D fighting characters than many of the villains in the series. Yamcha, Tien, Krillin and Piccolo practically ooze potential and variety. Too bad there's only one Balthazar. We need to make clones of this fucker and put them to work in sweatshops.

I am curious as to what Balth's comment about only him and Cy doing Z2 content meant. Obviously Chamat is still reppin' Freeza, but what about Vegito Z2?
Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:35:21 am by AugustAPC
#571  October 22, 2012, 04:57:19 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
what he means is that those chars he has a say on them. If anyone wants to mimick his style thats up to them, but he cant nor wont be claiming ownership over characters done by other people.

When he codes vegeta with cybaster, or gohan with koopakoot, they are z2 characters, if someone elses wants to do characters like those, they are "those person names" characters. He doesnt want to have to make a character just because someone started it and it mimicks the style he is using and everyone that wants to do a similar character should be able to without his approval or control.

its like asking pots if every character made based on his work is his content or gets his seal of approval. Anyone wanting to do a character inspired by Pots work should without him having to give it a seal of approval and control how its produced and call it his own character, thats just silly.
#572  October 22, 2012, 05:09:11 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
...But fastest doesn't equal strongest...also, I thought Tien was the strongest human?  Unless you count Uub.

Well it depends on the Saga but Tien and Krillin usually had that spot. Yamcha just kind of...didn't give a shit anymore. When it comes to the Humans Krillin was always my favorite. I think it was when I started using him in the Budokai series and fell in love with his speed and combos. Plus he's a snarky little bastard.

Also:

At first I was going to agree but looking at it again....I like it. It's kind of hard to see but with some different shading (which I'd do if I had a working mouse/touch pad), it makes sense. It's not that his foot is shrinking, it's like his foot sliding into the background a little more to help him compensate and brace his body from the Masenko's force.
#573  October 22, 2012, 06:41:46 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
His feet are fine. He could have him bending his feet forward as if he were being pushed back. Like when you jump, you jump on the soles of your feet, but it's fine.

I knew it! Kim was so perfect for Gohan's style.
Balthazar, you're still kind of asking our opinions on what you should do, right?
I think you should go with Saiyaman. I know it'll require a lot more time so if you absolutely don't want to do Saiyaman, I don't think anyone will complain, but Teen Gohan is out, Regular/Mystic Gohan is just Goku with a different movelist and purple clothed Gohan is just a palette change of his regular.
Then again, there's also....
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#574  October 22, 2012, 07:15:28 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Okay in all seriousness I do have some suggestions for Gohan:

Not So Serious

Even making one sprite of this would make my face implode AND explode at once...I mean SERIOUSLY, why the hell didn't he keep rocking this?

It IS what he went up against Fat Buu in.

I will be all about the Saiyaman Outfit ONLY if you add this touch
#575  October 22, 2012, 09:47:28 am
    • Netherlands
Thanks Iced for that explanation, couldn't have said it better myself!

Gohan's foot in the Masenko is just perspecitve/angle (his knee goes towards the viewer).

I still think the Saiyaman outfit (minus the helmet/bandana and cape ofcourse) is the coolest option for Gohan,
to differenciate him most from Goku. The Kai outfit seems too troublesome to do, but could always appear in an intro.
#576  October 22, 2012, 09:49:42 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
#577  October 22, 2012, 09:59:28 am
    • Netherlands
This.

hyper bomb internet bro-fist!
Now let me lock myself into my room for 6 months and you'll have the sprites  :ninja:
#578  October 22, 2012, 02:37:40 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
This.

hyper bomb internet bro-fist!
Now let me lock myself into my room for 6 months and you'll have the sprites  :ninja:

Don't forget your survival kit, Balthazar!

Remember, you've got to eat and you need water, lol!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#579  October 22, 2012, 02:40:31 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, you're welcome to focus on Gohan once you start sending me SSJ Goku sprites.
With SSJ Goku and ??????, I already have enough Mugen coding to do for many months. ;P
#580  October 22, 2012, 06:17:25 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
All I ask for is glorious SSJ Sunglasses. IF anything have it be a "Deal With It" win pose. :P