YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 489749 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan by Team Z2 project thread
#581  October 24, 2012, 03:16:08 am
  • Amature Spriter, Voice Pack Maker, Friend.
I know others my not agree with me, But I would like to see Future Gohan made in your style. There's quite a few versions of Gohan out there but not a good version of his alternate future counterpart. He was an awesome character, and in games, he was a great combo beast. 8)

Plus, If you decide to make Future Trunks, they would make quite the pair. Just my 2 cents, I know Mystic/Ultimate Gohan is cool, and teen SSJ 2 Gohan as well,  but let's give Future Gohan some love to. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91mdjQqtNM

:c00l:
#582  October 24, 2012, 03:19:06 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
#583  October 24, 2012, 05:24:28 am
  • Not for sale
Be quite a project to code and sprite a one-armed character.
#584  October 24, 2012, 08:16:40 pm
All you would have to do, is make one arm the center of his punch attacks, like they did in the dbz games. So I don't think it would be that bad a trade off.

:)
#585  October 24, 2012, 08:20:38 pm
If you mean let him have both arms but just use one, I support that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#586  October 24, 2012, 08:22:16 pm
#587  October 24, 2012, 08:40:50 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I liked how in Tenkaichi they had him without his arm. In was just graphical but in no other games after that. The man was badass with one arm, and it bugs me not being able to have him without both. Eh to each their own.
#588  October 25, 2012, 01:46:07 am
  • Not for sale
All you would have to do, is make one arm the center of his punch attacks, like they did in the dbz games. So I don't think it would be that bad a trade off.

:)

That would work... but wouldn't be as cool. Gives off more of the "grand master, I'm too good to use both arms" rather than, "I lost one arm in battle but still am still badass" feel.
#589  October 25, 2012, 02:16:30 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Be quite a project to code and sprite a one-armed character.
Coding it wouldn't be hard. Just use the 'facing' trigger for which animation side you use. Spriting would be a whole other story though. That'd be doubles of every single sprite, one from each direction. THAT would be hell

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#590  October 25, 2012, 03:59:22 am
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
You guys are overthinking it. Sprite as normal, but then have one arm changed to the transparency color when facing using pal changing.
#591  October 25, 2012, 09:51:34 am
have one arm changed to the transparency color when facing using pal changing.
... What ? I've been very distant from the 1.0 loop and the magic it can do, but I'm pretty sure that's not possible. There should still be only one color slot recognized as transparent, and the remappal only changes the colors in each slot, so a pixel associated to a given color slot (like a pixel in the arm) would still not be associated with the transparent color slot, it would only be changed to that color but not transparent.
Plus it wouldn't fix the problem I already said thought I posted something about how when he's facing right it'd be his front arm attacking but when he'd turn around it would be his back arm doing the attacking, I must've ended up not posting it.
And it wouldn't even make sense when the arm covers the body.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:22:09 am by DKDC
#592  October 25, 2012, 10:03:37 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
What Byakko said. Not possible.
#593  October 25, 2012, 05:03:25 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Or you just flip the sprites? Unless it really matters to everyone that the arm he is missing changes when he faces the other way.
#594  October 25, 2012, 08:52:06 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
have one arm changed to the transparency color when facing using pal changing.
... What ? I've been very distant from the 1.0 loop and the magic it can do, but I'm pretty sure that's not possible. There should still be only one color slot recognized as transparent, and the remappal only changes the colors in each slot, so a pixel associated to a given color slot (like a pixel in the arm) would still not be associated with the transparent color slot, it would only be changed to that color but not transparent.
Plus it wouldn't fix the problem I already said thought I posted something about how when he's facing right it'd be his front arm attacking but when he'd turn around it would be his back arm doing the attacking, I must've ended up not posting it.
And it wouldn't even make sense when the arm covers the body.

Well, I've noticed that Fighter Factory 3 allows you to apply alphas to any color in a palette. Now whether or not that will work in mugen is still debatable. I may have to do an experiment when I return from my weekly gaming session, tonight. I mean, it obviously still won't work with Gohan's arm(s) because of what you already said. But, if it works, it could open some new possibilities in costuming and color separation.
#595  October 25, 2012, 08:55:43 pm
  • Bleh...
    • USA
    • mknight281@gmail.com
Amazing!
Sometimes the toughest battles in life are the ones with yourself.
#596  October 25, 2012, 09:20:41 pm
Well, I've noticed that Fighter Factory 3 allows you to apply alphas to any color in a palette. Now whether or not that will work in mugen is still debatable. I may have to do an experiment when I return from my weekly gaming session, tonight. I mean, it obviously still won't work with Gohan's arm(s) because of what you already said. But, if it works, it could open some new possibilities in costuming and color separation.
That has absolutely nothing to do with making one arm transparent on the whole sprite.
#597  October 26, 2012, 05:33:49 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA

One Arm

Flip the sprite. Don't make it so damn complicated.
#598  October 26, 2012, 05:48:41 am
    • USA
or you could just sprite both arms and have him not use the other one
#599  October 26, 2012, 05:50:18 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 05:54:16 am by C.A.N'd
#600  October 26, 2012, 06:54:10 am
Or we can just do buu saga gohan and stop arguing over a character that was featured in the show for less than 2 hours.