YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 750003 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#941  November 01, 2018, 10:56:30 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I guess technecally Shantae made in into Smash Ultimate.  Cool, but does that mean that we should start checking off characters found in Spirits to not be DLC?  Because they're not doing trophies any more, and I didn't see spirits for the actual playable characters.

There was a spirit shown off for the male Wii Fit Trainer, so who knows.  Considering who all was shown, I don't know if any super important characters are going to be relegated to spirits anyway.  Unless people are really clamoring for Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk and Oribe from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I mean.

I totally didn't pick up on this watching the direct, but Yoshi's new final smash is a reference to Melee's cinematic opening.

#942  November 01, 2018, 11:03:15 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hm, guess I missed that.  Well, that pokes a nice hole in my thought process, was starting to try to whittle down who would be viable DLC not shown off already.
#943  November 01, 2018, 11:06:11 pm
    • Mexico
I'm gonna guess that one of the 5 DLC charcters is going to be a Gen 8 Pokémon to tie in with the new game coming next year, much like Corrin.

You better bet on the hero of the new FE getting in too.
#944  November 01, 2018, 11:19:57 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
So actually showing some stat changes on Ken compared to Ryu makes me appreciate his inclusion more now, thank you.  Dark Pit just annoys me in that he really just is a Pit skin taking up space, and Dark Samus or Lucina don't really offer enough in my opinion, as happy as I am with Dark Samus being included.  Ken here actually feels separate enough on his own.

They're only taking up space it that's how you choose to display them, Doc
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#945  November 01, 2018, 11:30:21 pm
    • USA
No, I don't mean the literal roster space.  Just a general annoyance at how little thought is put into them.  At the very least, if they were done for cheap roster expansion prior, they could further develop the characters into something more unique with their own attacks in this new game.  It's a game design approach that just bugs me, quantity over quality.  I appreciate that there's more to Ken than the others it seems though.

So I guess something else that the Piranha Plant character does, besides make fun of Waluigi fans, is it helps cement Waddle Dee as a viable candidate to be made into a playable character.  As long as we're including recognizable minions to be important enough to be playable, Kirby's player #4 should be just as possible as the vines that stop you from jumping in Super Mario.
#946  November 01, 2018, 11:43:54 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'm gonna guess that one of the 5 DLC charcters is going to be a Gen 8 Pokémon to tie in with the new game coming next year, much like Corrin.
I bet FE Switch Lord will be another one of them for the same reason.

There was a spirit shown off for the male Wii Fit Trainer, so who knows.
Reminder that Wii fit trainer had a bunch of trophies of her in different yoga positions as trophies in Smash 4. It's likely the same case here.
#947  November 01, 2018, 11:44:25 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Man, thinking more on that trailer, and when you think how epic it is, it's also kinda...sad in a way when you think about it?? If that makes sense?

(Also, Zelda stopped being British in this version it sounds like. And Snake please...you were already in Alert mode, that wasn't gonna save you! : V )
#948  November 01, 2018, 11:51:07 pm
    • USA
No, I don't mean the literal roster space.  Just a general annoyance at how little thought is put into them.  At the very least, if they were done for cheap roster expansion prior, they could further develop the characters into something more unique with their own attacks in this new game.  It's a game design approach that just bugs me, quantity over quality.  I appreciate that there's more to Ken than the others it seems though.
Ken appears to have exactly as much difference from Ryu as Dark Pit does from Pit, or any other echo fighter.  Different animations, different visuals, tweaked stats.  The only difference with Ken is that he got to be in a proper trailer so the hype gets built up more.

So I guess something else that the Piranha Plant character does, besides make fun of Waluigi fans, is it helps cement Waddle Dee as a viable candidate to be made into a playable character.  As long as we're including recognizable minions to be important enough to be playable, Kirby's player #4 should be just as possible as the vines that stop you from jumping in Super Mario.

Yeah, now that Sakurai's throwing in random jobber enemies as playable fighters Waddle Dee seems like a solid enough choice.  Especially since such big latecomers as Rex and Spring Man got axed before we even got to speculate about them.
#949  November 01, 2018, 11:59:56 pm
    • USA
Dark Pit, to my knowledge, only had different aesthetic changes to his forward-B attack and final smash was a laser.  Lucina loses Marth's sweet spot damage and Dark Samus can bomb jump sideways.  Ken has actual base stat changes with moving faster and attacks counting for multiple hits.  The more basic and ground level the changes, the more impact it feels, the more separate the character becomes from the source.

Rex always seems like he had too much going on at once to make it anyways, he would have to be some sort of a mix between Shulk's blade forms and Red/Leaf's Pokemon swaps when Rex would change his partner out.  Still, surprising about Spring Man, thought Arms was a big enough deal for the Switch to be worth something more than an assist trophy.  But I suppose Sakurai holds those to a higher degree than many other players, which is understandable, but really, most people are just going to turn them off I'd imagine.
#950  November 02, 2018, 12:17:52 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
so if there's no trophies does that mean that we'll get character endings, i hope
#951  November 02, 2018, 12:23:57 am
    • USA
I...don't see how one correlates to the other, but if you mean basic Classic mode, I'd imagine it'll be the same untouched set-up of winning a still image of something funny with the character and "Congratulations" in bold.  Truth be told, it's rather a shame they're dropping trophies.  I spent so many hours getting them back in Melee and going over them, learning about a number of games I wasn't aware of and further details on some I thought I did, on top of it just being a fun little model viewer.

It's not like its losing a key essential part of the series, but it is like a series dropping split-screen it had prior; it feels oddly hollow without it.
#952  November 02, 2018, 12:35:25 am
    • USA
Dark Pit, to my knowledge, only had different aesthetic changes to his forward-B attack and final smash was a laser.  Lucina loses Marth's sweet spot damage and Dark Samus can bomb jump sideways.  Ken has actual base stat changes with moving faster and attacks counting for multiple hits.  The more basic and ground level the changes, the more impact it feels, the more separate the character becomes from the source.

Rex always seems like he had too much going on at once to make it anyways, he would have to be some sort of a mix between Shulk's blade forms and Red/Leaf's Pokemon swaps when Rex would change his partner out.  Still, surprising about Spring Man, thought Arms was a big enough deal for the Switch to be worth something more than an assist trophy.  But I suppose Sakurai holds those to a higher degree than many other players, which is understandable, but really, most people are just going to turn them off I'd imagine.

Dark Pit has more knockback and different launch properties than Pit.  All of his weapons for his specials are different than Pits, and his arrows hit harder but have less curve to their trajectory.  Ken really is as much of a clone as Dark Pit or Lucina, he just sounds more impressive because they took the time to explain it in a direct.

About the DLC, Vergeben popped up again earlier claiming that the yet unnamed Square Enix rep he mentioned before is still coming and that SE specifically requested that their second rep be DLC.  Apparently it's a whole thing with them that if they loan out a character to another game it has to be as paid content after launch.
#953  November 02, 2018, 12:37:15 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I can't believe it! Not only the grinch leak was debunked much to my happiness, but Incineroar and Ken coming in!! There's so much what I want to say but I rather not cuz it'll be... an essay of sorts.

I love the theme of Super Smash Bros Ultimate.... Lifelight
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#954  November 02, 2018, 12:39:39 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
About the DLC, Vergeben popped up again earlier claiming that the yet unnamed Square Enix rep he mentioned before is still coming and that SE specifically requested that their second rep be DLC.  Apparently it's a whole thing with them that if they loan out a character to another game it has to be as paid content after launch.

Same leaker also claims Minecraft content will be featured in someway, be it as a stage, BGM, Steve as a Spirit, or a Mii costume.
#955  November 02, 2018, 12:50:50 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
anybody get melee vibes from yoshi's final smash?
#956  November 02, 2018, 12:54:29 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#957  November 02, 2018, 12:57:05 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Dark Samus can bomb jump sideways.

Dark Samus is also floatier and has a traditional roll dodge instead of Samus' long and slow one.

Dark Pit was more or less identical to Pit in Smash 4, outside of side-b having a different knockback angle and his neutral-b being angled differently; someone went though his data and his attacks all have the same animation timings and damage, coupled with his movement speeds, weight, and other stats being identical.

Ken feels as much of a clone as he does in the Street Fighter series, which is to say he's based on Ryu, but still has a few different Normals and his Specials behave differently.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#958  November 02, 2018, 02:06:28 am
    • USA
On the blog today we've got a new arrangement of Battle! (Wild Pokemon) from Pokemon Sun & Moon, arranged by Hiroyuki Kawada, a Namco musician who recently worked on Pokken Tournament.

#959  November 02, 2018, 02:45:10 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
speaking of music who sang the main theme in both english and japanese?
#960  November 02, 2018, 02:48:52 am
    • Brazil
I wouldn't be surprised if the first Gen 8 Pokémon became playable even before an actual Gen 8 game comes out.

Still, surprising about Spring Man, thought Arms was a big enough deal for the Switch to be worth something more than an assist trophy.  But I suppose Sakurai holds those to a higher degree than many other players, which is understandable, but really, most people are just going to turn them off I'd imagine.
You know that ARMS has other recognizable characters, right?