YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734769 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#501  August 04, 2018, 03:42:35 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#502  August 04, 2018, 06:21:31 am
    • Mexico
Beyond that he states that he's not going to bother leaking any more information since the game's so close to coming out and there's only a half-dozen newcomers left anyway, including Simon and Isabelle.

And the funniest part of all is that he didn't call it quits on leaking after all, well, not that much anyways, because he now claims that there will be a Gen 7 pokémon, but it's not Decidueye.
Why is he keeping it so ambiguous instead of just saying which 'mon it'll be? I can only suppose he's just tired of people pestering him about his leaks and/or his track record on other stuff that he just can't be explicit with them anymore.
#503  August 04, 2018, 06:43:08 am
Plot twist:  We're getting Rowlet instead.  Fear its Leafage lockdown.

(Or Mimikyu.  Odd that it hasn't appeared as a Pokéball assist from the start)
#504  August 04, 2018, 09:41:20 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
You know it's going to be Electric-type Lucario.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#505  August 04, 2018, 11:41:17 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Money's on it being Mimikyu
#506  August 04, 2018, 12:08:51 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Honestly, prior to knowing that the next Super Smash Bros would be an ultimate one that brings everyone back, but wont have many newcomers, I always thought they would pick Tapu Koko for the Gen 7 representation.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#507  August 04, 2018, 01:34:43 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I was more in favor for Necrozma, what with hiding it in Sun/Moon even before its release then making such a big deal out of it for the Ultra games.  Already is around humanoid size and proportions, Smash attack writes itself with its dragon form and giant JRPG Final Boss superlaser.  I imagined it being something akin to a floaty Donkey Kong to play as.

But yes, if not Decidueye or Mimikyu, it's gonna be that electric Lucario.
#508  August 04, 2018, 01:48:17 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Mimikyu would be awesome, if a little hard to conceptualize.  The only other non-Decidueye gen 7 rep that readily springs to mind for me as a likely candidate is Lycanroc.  Incineroar would be awesome since Smash doesn't really have a grappler/wrestler style character, but Decidueye's the popular one so it's probably not likely.
Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:07:09 pm by Person Man
#509  August 04, 2018, 03:40:39 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
...am I seriously the only person here who thinks that Tapu Koko could have a chance as a playable Gen 7 rep in Smash Bros?
He was one of the earlier revealed Pokémon as well as the first legendary non-cover Pokémon to be revealed, and he plays a big role as well due to being an island guardian of Alola.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#510  August 04, 2018, 04:08:32 pm
Tapu Koko can be a decent choice, but I feel it fits more in Pokken where it's Electric Surge covering the whole arena would make more sense and its whole gimmick would be to find ways to set up the terrian again.

Mimikyu has way more followers than anyone in Gen 7 (maybe tied with the little owl).  Yet, Dusk Mane Lycanroc is just as popular, can represent the entirety of USUM, and its moveset can include Accelrock, elemental Fangs, Stone Edge, and Rock Climb as its recovery.  Also it's exclusive Z-Move as its Final Smash would be very stylish.  Finally, Duck Hunt Dog could use a new friend. 

Then there's Poipole and how much the anime is pushing as the focus.
Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:22:21 pm by Kirishima
#511  August 04, 2018, 04:22:41 pm
    • USA
It's not impossible, but personally I don't know how likely it is that they'd want to include a legendary pokemon as a playable character.  Unless Mewtwo counts as legendary?  I'm actually not sure on that one.

Oh and also:
dasvergeben said:
I already said it, there should be no confusion.

There is a Gen 7 rep that will be playable. It's just that it is not Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu.

Well fuck me I guess.  If it's not any of those three and Bewear's in a pokeball, who's left out of the most popular Gen 7 pokemon to take it?  Who does Ash have in the anime now?

#512  August 04, 2018, 04:44:15 pm
You know, I'm suddenly ok with Tapu Koko if we get a cool remix of the Island Guardians and his exclusive Z-move as its Final Smash.

Who does Ash have in the anime now?
Rowlet, who is even more popular than Mimikyu, and the fans keep asking for a new Grass rep, so.....
#513  August 04, 2018, 04:57:06 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Just crossed my mind that if it's not Zeraora, it could be Marshadow. It had some significance in that I Choose You! movie.

Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:02:42 pm by PlasmoidThunder
#514  August 04, 2018, 05:06:40 pm
    • USA
Who does Ash have in the anime now?
Rowlet, who is even more popular than Mimikyu, and the fans keep asking for a new Grass rep, so.....

Rowlet seems unlikely, if only because its size and shape would mean they couldn't really do anything with its normals that Jigglypuff's not already doing.  I just checked and apparently he's got a Torracat though, so maybe Incineroar's not as unlikely as I though.
#515  August 04, 2018, 07:01:32 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
#516  August 04, 2018, 07:10:10 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Zeraora.

#517  August 05, 2018, 01:34:31 am
I just checked and apparently he's got a Torracat though, so maybe Incineroar's not as unlikely as I though.
Worth noting that Incineroar has been making frequent appearences in the anime and had an important movie role.  It's exclusive move can be used as recovery and its own unique Z-Move for a Final Smash.

Even in the source game, its Hidden Ability has made it a popular pick among the VGC meta.
Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:39:26 am by Kirishima
#518  August 05, 2018, 01:39:09 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
There was a "leak" about a month ago that had Necrozma on it so maybe it will be one of the few non BS ones.
#519  August 05, 2018, 01:51:09 am
    • USA
I just checked and apparently he's got a Torracat though, so maybe Incineroar's not as unlikely as I though.
Worth noting that Incineroar has been making frequent appearences in the anime and had an important movie role.  It's exclusive move can be used as recovery and its own unique Z-Move for a Final Smash.

Even in the source game, its Hidden Ability has made it a popular pick among the VGC meta.

Holy shit I didn't even think of that.  With how cinematic Final Smashes are in this game, Malicious Moonsault would look so badass.
#520  August 05, 2018, 04:25:16 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Incineroar's popularity in the VGC spiked due to its HA, Fake Out and recovery options, not to mention U-turn. I would like to see how a Pokemon can use a Z-move without having a trainer giving the power needed.

My best bets for Gen 7 reps are between Incineroar and Midnight Lycanroc. I would say Zeraora may have the chance as well since it is officially released.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!