YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 743590 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1201  December 07, 2018, 12:03:10 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It wasn't until a few weeks ago that Sakurai said they decided on the DLC lineup.

To be fair, that's only when it was made public.  Doesn't mean they only finalized it minutes beforehand and he dashed out of the board room to tell the world.
#1202  December 07, 2018, 12:37:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
The game probably went gold a good while ago, and remember that Sakurai says whatever he needs to say to sell the DLC.  Bayonetta was already being developed while the ballot was going on, but she was still presented as the winner.
I sometimes wonder if we'll ever truly get the full details on what the votes were?  How much of it was wasted memes with Goku and SpongeBob and whatnot, and how low she truly placed below others who were lightyears more vocal online than her at the time.  I admit she personally still just bugs me being in the game, but it would be less annoying to know the truth and what the full results were, not just she's most viable according to their limitations, instead of all this goose chasing for how she won just straight-up say she's just who they wanted to win.

I'd have to imagine if they had anything to show tonight, it would have to tie into something that's planned to win an award.  Which from this year's pickings isn't much.  Monster Hunter as a character at most, perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath.
#1203  December 07, 2018, 05:33:00 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Joker from Persona 5 revealed as the first DLC!
#1204  December 07, 2018, 05:33:29 am
    • USA
Holy fucking hell.  Joker from Persona 5 confirmed for the first DLC fighter.  I didn’t see that coming.
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:49:44 am by Person Man
#1205  December 07, 2018, 05:35:36 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Holy shit, the packs might be all third party..... Characters that we would never expect as DLC.
#1206  December 07, 2018, 05:46:17 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
The feeling when Joker makes a Smash appearence before P5 Ultimax or Cross Tag Battle.
#1207  December 07, 2018, 05:46:31 am
    • USA
Announcement trailer.

I'm completely flabbergasted.  This is completely outside the scope of what I thought we could expect.   Does Persona 5 even have a Switch port?
#1208  December 07, 2018, 05:53:11 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Nope but Joker is in Persona Q2 on the 3DS.
#1209  December 07, 2018, 05:54:55 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
This is hyped af. This opens more doors of possibilities.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1210  December 07, 2018, 05:59:11 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I don't play the series but I always thought it was a PlayStation-only series, never heard of it anywhere else besides possibly PC?  I'm left to only presume this means Persona 5 is getting a Switch port, though.

This does nothing for me.  Generic anime boy that I only know of from Sonic Forces pushing his outfit on me for the custom character.  At least it's not a sword user.  Guess others will enjoy him plenty though, more to them.  Maybe he'll bring some good music to the game with him.

I thought the Persona people fought with guns?  Though my knowledge of it is minimal at best, just at some point they had to shoot themselves in the head and commit suicide to call forth a stand, the more brutal aspect of that got fazed over time.  Maybe he'll be a new variant of Rosalina or the Ice Climbers with his helping....I dunno, persona fella?
#1211  December 07, 2018, 06:04:04 am
    • Mexico
Literally anything keeps being possible now. Come on Sakurai, let’s bring on Goku Crash already!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1212  December 07, 2018, 06:11:26 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I thought the Persona people fought with guns?  Though my knowledge of it is minimal at best, just at some point they had to shoot themselves in the head and commit suicide to call forth a stand, the more brutal aspect of that got fazed over time.  Maybe he'll be a new variant of Rosalina or the Ice Climbers with his helping....I dunno, persona fella?

that was one game and it's not really a gun, it doesn't actually shoot you it just looks like one, also that was persona 3, not 5, (thought they are in the same universe)

But yes, Joker uses knives and guns. I think it will be more like bayonetta or something but we'll see.

I don't play the series but I always thought it was a PlayStation-only series, never heard of it anywhere else besides possibly PC?  I'm left to only presume this means Persona 5 is getting a Switch port, though.

Joker is in Persona Q2 which is on the 3DS.

Persona Q 1 was on the 3ds also.

Also it's spin off of shin megami tensei, who's first game was on the NES.

Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:19:23 am by -Whiplash-
#1213  December 07, 2018, 10:52:56 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Holy smokes

I guess I'm eating my words

I have no idea what to expect for the rest of the DLC now.
#1214  December 07, 2018, 11:17:59 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
The best part about all of this is that we can now play as the announcer.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1215  December 07, 2018, 04:33:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
thinking about what kind of license agreement would be good for goku; maybe toei gets all the goku dlc money, while nintendo only enjoys the increased base-game sales.
#1216  December 07, 2018, 08:37:08 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
thinking about what kind of license agreement would be good for goku; maybe toei gets all the goku dlc money, while nintendo only enjoys the increased base-game sales.
cant wait to see how nintendo adapts goku gameplay into smash
#1217  December 07, 2018, 09:08:53 pm
    • USA
Goku is still a literal impossibility.  It’s a video game crossover, not a whoever-the-fuck-is-popular game.

First Piranha Plant and now with Joker;  every time a game character pops up that wasn’t top three on the latest fan poll people come crawling out of the woodwork to act like it somehow confirms that Goku can be in.
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:12:18 pm by Person Man
#1218  December 07, 2018, 10:00:16 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
Well never say never about the goku thing after all tekken did add negan to there roster .-.

Aside from that now i feel like I need to save up for a switch and smash since they came up with joker ,_,
I need more PSN friends
#1219  December 07, 2018, 10:39:38 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
This is quite the steal on Nintendo's part... though not out of the realm as there have been a couple of Persona games on the 3DS, but they were mostly side games and not the main line games.

The good thing about this reveal is that he'll be out probably around the same time frame as Piranha Plant and with the timeline they're working on for the DLC characters, it'll be a fun next couple of months before they reveal the next fighter... BTW, the next person who asks for Goku in the game will get kicked in the dick. Believe that.
#1220  December 07, 2018, 10:47:10 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
I dont really care if a dbz character is in it, dbz has been dead to me way before they even decided to even remake that series

Thought one character that I would want in it would be doom guy
I need more PSN friends