YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2927330 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#5981  January 28, 2016, 08:19:55 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I just find the whole thing illogical and pretty much Nintendo level censoring but with far more inconsistency.

I heard the PC version was able to bring it back anyway so it really shouldn't matter that much anymore but it's still hilarious looking at the double standard(the ass slap is too much and would have bumped up the rating despite being shown for a second but Laura's DLC outfit that's up for the entire match and doesn't need zoom to see the obvious is okay...and the ESRB from what I heard also rates DLC as well, whoops)
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#5982  January 28, 2016, 10:08:31 pm
  • ANC
I think Laura's alt is sexy. Sexy, is not the same as being sexual. I think some people are confusing her with the latter.

Sexy, as in holding the qualities of being appealing visually. If it were sexual...you know the rest. Her alt is at most full of sex appeal, but to my understanding of Brazil, they embrace that in their culture, but it is still not the same as being sexual, which is oriented to sex acts (doing the nasty, if you will).  In no way or form do I see Laura about to offer Ken a bj or something wild like in a doujin. You can clearly see her behavior as she's meant to be ingame. Flirty, confident in herself and in her body; which is why it strikes me odd when I see some people calling her slutty, like she's loaning her body out. Do slutty girls dress in a reveling way? Yeah. Does EVERY GIRL who dresses revealing have to be a slut? Incorrect.

I believe this is a common misconception in the American values and beliefs system, because we are not comfortable with sexuality, so we overcensor. The issue I find here, is that despite our "American values",  our OWN media is littered with sex, so for them to censor a game (that wasn't made by America), Capcom was doing so under pressure of past censorships (DOA) and fear of the game being killed by the media, and we all know that has to do with this false brand of gaming journalism that is hurting ALL journalism with it's misdirection; yes the one we ALL know.

Me personally, I am comfortable with my sexuality and my tastes. Not everyone will be open to that, but being the International icon that is Street Fighter, this is not a game for just anyone, but it also isn't for everyone. In short, not everyone will see eye to eye with you, and if people at least knew that, we'd have far less disagreements.

Now the buttslap is just silly c'mon.
#5983  January 28, 2016, 10:36:54 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I hate to repeat it again , but Capcom Fear of age rating is just nonsensical, I know a lot of people even in the community who played and know Mortal kombot before they even reached their teens , age rating seems like a waste of time, unless Capcom is aiming for newer generation of gamers and not the older fans
#5984  January 28, 2016, 10:41:30 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5985  January 28, 2016, 10:45:56 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I still find it funny Capcom is even going in that direction seeing as parents seriously don't give a damn what they buy their kids.

A long time ago I saw a kid at Gamestop return Dante's Inferno because he went to the Lust stage and didn't like the sexy stuff in it...THE KID did that and convinced his PARENT to turn in the game...for Halo3-4 or whatever from that series.

If Capcom went M, nothing would change honestly.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#5986  January 28, 2016, 10:47:10 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#5987  January 28, 2016, 11:01:44 pm
Or anything they say every single time they talk about it
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5988  January 29, 2016, 02:52:27 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
I think Laura's alt is sexy. Sexy, is not the same as being sexual. I think some people are confusing her with the latter.

Sexy, as in holding the qualities of being appealing visually. If it were sexual...you know the rest. Her alt is at most full of sex appeal, but to my understanding of Brazil, they embrace that in their culture, but it is still not the same as being sexual, which is oriented to sex acts (doing the nasty, if you will).  In no way or form do I see Laura about to offer Ken a bj or something wild like in a doujin. You can clearly see her behavior as she's meant to be ingame. Flirty, confident in herself and in her body; which is why it strikes me odd when I see some people calling her slutty, like she's loaning her body out. Do slutty girls dress in a reveling way? Yeah. Does EVERY GIRL who dresses revealing have to be a slut? Incorrect.

I believe this is a common misconception in the American values and beliefs system, because we are not comfortable with sexuality, so we overcensor. The issue I find here, is that despite our "American values",  our OWN media is littered with sex, so for them to censor a game (that wasn't made by America), Capcom was doing so under pressure of past censorships (DOA) and fear of the game being killed by the media, and we all know that has to do with this false brand of gaming journalism that is hurting ALL journalism with it's misdirection; yes the one we ALL know.

Me personally, I am comfortable with my sexuality and my tastes. Not everyone will be open to that, but being the International icon that is Street Fighter, this is not a game for just anyone, but it also isn't for everyone. In short, not everyone will see eye to eye with you, and if people at least knew that, we'd have far less disagreements.

Now the buttslap is just silly c'mon.
Totally agree and said right on point.

The whole people calling Laura a "slut" is totally ridiculous and I am sitting here like.... So cause her outfit is sexy makes her a slut...but the GI top off and bare chest ryu is HOT? Its some hypocritical bs floating around I see around on the net about this. But I am glad to read that cause you nailed it.
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:20:00 am by C.R.O.M Lando
#5989  January 29, 2016, 04:15:02 am
The whole people calling Laura a "slut" is totally ridiculous and I am sitting here like.... So cause her outfit is sexy makes her a slut...but the GI top off and bare chest ryu is HOT? Its some hypocritical bs floating around I see around on the net about this. But I am glad to read that cause you nailed it.
her alt costume is very sexulized, it's not necessarily sexy. but sexy is subjective so i dunno...
this is a sexy alt costume that isn't sexulized:
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5990  January 29, 2016, 04:46:11 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
The money i would pay if capcom gave cammy an alt with pants, but since we're on the topic of alts does anyone know if the Chun Li pre-order costume gets downloaded with the game or is a separate code on PSN trying to trade my Ryu code for a Chun Li one.
#5991  January 29, 2016, 04:57:14 am
    • Brazil
#5992  January 29, 2016, 05:45:24 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#5993  January 29, 2016, 06:56:25 am
her alt costume is very sexulized, it's not necessarily sexy. but sexy is subjective so i dunno...
this is a sexy alt costume that isn't sexulized:

It always comes down to perspective and ones perception of the 2 words in descriptions. I can find Cammy outfit sexualized and sexy . you may not. She has no pants on, no shorts under the form fitting coat that is showing off the form of her breasts cause it's so tight , and she only has a pair of thongs/panties/bloomers whatever under neath when you can see when kicking or jumping. Again it can be viewed both terms but its personal perspective. If we go by the "skin showing " and certain features are deem sexual then that same ideaology also points to men in the cast cause it does in reality.

There are and always has been both Women and men who find muscular men sexy and are sexualized in media and outside out it. Gill and urien are prime examples of that . One can try to argue what their bodies represent in Greeks as an Adonis but they were also sexual if you read back to how Greece also was in those times when came to the male body. So both can be subjective in terms visually and perspective wise.

To give a pass on one gender but not another is hypocrisy...sexist too. They both stand  on equal terms just different genders. That's my view of it also while showing this to my sister who doesn't see a problem with any of the ladies alts.

I like both Cammy alts and chun Li's as well.They are sexy IMO.
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:17:30 am by C.R.O.M Lando
#5994  January 29, 2016, 07:08:35 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
You are right, people shouldn't be worried about Laura looking like a slut, they should be more worried about her poor excuse of a hairdo.
#5995  January 29, 2016, 07:21:09 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
You are right, people shouldn't be worried about Laura looking like a slut, they should be more worried about her poor excuse of a hairdo.

C'mon. Nothing worse, than C.Viper's one.
#5996  January 29, 2016, 07:22:13 am
Lmao!!
Heyyyy I like her hairdo! Its kinda cool. I ain't a fan of kens  hair or the long hair Cammy hair cause how it moves in animation but ehhh you can't have it all I guess. Lol
#5997  January 29, 2016, 07:22:21 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/

Sometimes I think I'm the only one that likes that hairstyle.  :P

EDIT: Welp, turns out I'm not the only one. ^
#5998  January 29, 2016, 07:27:53 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#5999  January 29, 2016, 07:38:53 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#6000  January 29, 2016, 07:51:17 am

Sometimes I think I'm the only one that likes that hairstyle.  :P

EDIT: Welp, turns out I'm not the only one. ^
Yep I like it. Its different from the normal fighting games females I have seen over the years and plays cool to her characters look. Its also identifiable real world wise cause my daughter has rock it, my sister has had it several times and a few of my nieces and they looked nice with it. I see no problem with her hair style other than peoples taste differs.

C.Viper hair... Well its cool I guess. Its like a French roll with a French braid kinda look. I like different styles of hair on the babes.