YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2928174 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#6041  January 30, 2016, 01:02:37 am
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
So, what have I found from this Beta?

I love using Rashid.  He's not devastating in my hands, but I have fun.  Found a few fun combos, just trying to get them to land is the next thing.
My footsies are crap, but I'm working on it.

I REALLY can't deal with Necalli.  It's like SF2 Blanka all over again.  The one character I just can't seem to get around. I get hammered with blockstrings and when I finally start on the offense, I end up eating his anti air more than I care to, lol

Practice.. practice...
#6042  January 30, 2016, 03:33:20 am
  • ANC
Has the update given us back our crotch shots and fixed Banana Ken's hair yet?
#6043  January 30, 2016, 03:43:31 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#6044  January 30, 2016, 04:04:55 am
I can't figure out why anyone would pre-order this.  You know they're gonna have more versions to follow Super or Ultra or whatever.  I'll wait for THOSE at a discount, thank you.
#6045  January 30, 2016, 04:08:29 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6046  January 30, 2016, 04:11:48 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You don't understand why people want to play now instead of in x months or years?
#6047  January 30, 2016, 04:13:22 am
I can't figure out why anyone would pre-order this.  You know they're gonna have more versions to follow Super or Ultra or whatever.  I'll wait for THOSE at a discount, thank you.
they've repeatedly said sfv is the only game and that they'll do downloadable characters that can be bought with real money or ingame currency
#6048  January 30, 2016, 04:14:06 am
I don't get where people try to make a point with this anyway. People wanna play the game now and will more than likely get their full $60 worth through playing it. Expansions keep the game fresh and are fine as long as you're getting your money's worth for the update.

It's always the people who don't really play it that end up waiting for the Super versions. And then they'll wait on that.
#6049  January 30, 2016, 04:15:12 am
*shrugs* That's also possible, but if you look at the history of Street fighter games, SF2 had multiple, SF3 had a few, and we already mentioned SF4.  The alpha series, to me, just seemed like SFA1 + bonus packs 2 & 3.  I dunno, just my take.  Also, does anyone else get irritated when they talk about DLC packages before initial release.  I feel like the planning of deliberate omission of content they could easily include in the base game is a slap in the face.

But if this is true, that SF5 is all I'm gonna see, then while it's temping, in the long run, it's not that interesting to me and I might just pass.  Unfortunate, because I love SF, but I'm just not that excited.
#6050  January 30, 2016, 04:18:21 am
*shrugs* That's also possible, but if you look at the history of Street fighter games, SF2 had multiple, SF3 had a few, and we already mentioned SF4.  The alpha series, to me, just seemed like SFA1 + bonus packs 2 & 3.  I dunno, just my take.
barring sf4 all the games you mentioned had no other way to be updated
#6051  January 30, 2016, 04:21:16 am
Also, does anyone else get irritated when they talk about DLC packages before initial release.  I feel like the planning of deliberate omission of content they could easily include in the base game is a slap in the face.

Yeah, but good thing the content not in the base game of SFV can be earned for free. And it's not like costumes are mechanically important to the game at large.
#6052  January 30, 2016, 04:32:02 am
Clearly my argument (was it an argument? *shrugs*) wasn't a very well thought out one. You've made some good and fair points. It's true, I'm late to the party and I haven't been following it very closely because I was expecting a later addition to come out before I REALLY started paying attention.  I wasn't aware of everything you guys are and probably should have shut up about it.  I think my beef is just the DLC element for games in general, but not to derail, I won't get into it, other than say that I see it with other fighting games, so I came to expect it from all of them.  Injustice: GAU still chaps my ass with it's Ultimate Edition. You could spend around $120 when it first came out to get all the DLC....or wait a few months and get it for about $40 WITH all the DLC.  Then again, I'm a weirdo CASUAL player that doesn't do online and the timing of game releases doesn't matter to me.  For the rest of the normal world, I can see how you would benefit from having these things early.  But now I AM derailing, and I'll shut up.  I just like my characters and feeling like I'm missing a lot of them makes the game feel "incomplete" to me, personally.  I'm not a hardcore gamer.  I actually suck at fighting games despite my love of them. Maybe that's why I focus more on characters.  I didn't mean any disrespect.  I fully recognize that you guys know what you're talking about more than I. I actually like that feature you mentioned about earning things with in-game currency.
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:35:04 am by Chimoru
#6053  January 30, 2016, 05:06:17 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I was scared after seeing the wall of text, but after reading it I am glad to see someone not melting down.

the only thing I felt liek adding is that they are not withholding content that they could have easily added before release, like how ti seemedwith sf xtekken, but in this case they really can't just put all that content (history mode, dlc characters) without either pushing the game's release to a later date or adding more team member which woudl compromise quality. while pushign the release toa later date is the option that would make more sense, there is a good chacne that, this game being sponsored by sony, they have certain deadlines to meet so this game promotes the ps4 better.
#6054  January 30, 2016, 11:58:13 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/street-fighter-v-game-modes-trailer

Capcom has released a new trailer for Street Fighter V detailing the fighting game’s various game modes.

The introduced modes include:
        Tutorial Mode – First time playing a fighting game? No worries. Street Fighter V comes with a tutorial mode. Take control of young Ryu, learn the basics of combat, and master Street Fighter V‘s distinct control methods.
        Character Story Mode – Sixteen unique fighters, each with their own goals, destinies, and mysteries to unravel. Enjoy it all in the Character Story Mode. Clear each character’s episode to make their story costume available in the shop. Save up Fight Money for that one you’ve got your eyes on.
        Survival Mode – Survival Mode is the perfect mode to put your true skills to the test. See how many opponents you can defeat under a set of restrictions. Extra battle features also let you boost your EX Gauge and score in this mode. Aim for the high score. Clear Survival Mode to unlock new colors corresponding to your level.
        Training Mode – Diligent practice is necessary to hone one’s skills and techniques. Use this robust Training Mode to practice to your heart’s content. And take advantage of handy shortcut commands. Using the touchpad, you can designate and refresh the character position on screen. Perfect for practicing those combos you can only perform in specific setups. There are many other shortcuts you can use as well. Remember, practice is key to elevating yourself above the competition.
        Network Battle – View for Online Ranking Points in Ranked Matches, or enjoy pressure-free Casual Matches. You can watit for matches on the Menu screen, or even in Training Mode and Story Mode.
        CFN – The Capcom Fighters Network connects players with one another. See who’s online via a global heat map and watch the battles unfold worldwide. Search for specific players with rival search. Keep your opponent’s battle stats at your fingertips with Fighters’ Profiles. View replays to discover new strategies and ways to fight.
More modes and features will be added to the game for free post-launch.
#6055  January 30, 2016, 12:07:50 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I hope a team battle mode will be among the ones they add. I mean..something like that was the standard 15-20 years ago already back in games like Tekken 2.
#6056  January 30, 2016, 01:50:27 pm
    • USA
Aw no trial mode on release :(, at least Survival mode looks kinda interesting this time.
#6057  January 30, 2016, 02:26:46 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
    Character Story Mode – Sixteen unique fighters, each with their own goals, destinies, and mysteries to unravel. Enjoy it all in the Character Story Mode. Clear each character’s episode to make their story costume available in the shop. Save up Fight Money for that one you’ve got your eyes on.

Strange, it's me or there won't be present an "Arcade Mode"?
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#6058  January 30, 2016, 02:27:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that is the arcade mode.
#6059  January 30, 2016, 02:48:16 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Bring back Dramatic Battle and World Tour modes you dweebs!
#6060  January 30, 2016, 02:48:32 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Hmm, so, the "Arcade mode" and Story mode turned one game mode. I tought you can play the classic arcade with only the ending and the story mode being something like MK9 when starts with one character and appearing more to interlude.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome