YesNoOk

Auction alert (Read 176457 times)

Started by Sepp, August 27, 2007, 01:16:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Auction alert
#401  February 25, 2020, 08:11:41 pm
  • Wowzers!
What do you think Nike would have to say about that? You think they'd appreciate it? (Legal action aside). You didn't create nothing, you'd be effectively riding on the coat tails of Nike putting in the work, creating a brand, reputation, recognition, etc.

Flattered and sure on they have something they can SELL...

People in MUGEN put in the work. They study source games, create problem solving techniques and workarounds for the implementation of moves and playstyles. They create their own brand and trends ("POTS Style", "Warusaki Style", ADD004 Style). These people are the Creators, not the dude who put them in a package. Compilators don't build a brand, or make a product, they're basically the dudes at the end of the register who put the groceries in the bags.

so as long as he puts some code in there too. puts hours in on each char to make sure they run right. puts hours in on testing. puts hours in on building a community of fans. he's more than a compilator right?

#402  February 25, 2020, 09:35:06 pm
  • SNK is life
So as long as he puts some code in there too. puts hours in on each char to make sure they run right. puts hours in on testing. puts hours in on building a community of fans. he's more than a compilator right?
Nah. But I can see ain't nobody is changing your mind.

You're convinced that adding sparks is the same as creating each move's profile, adjusting the animations and hitboxes (hacking the games to get the boxes is Certified HARD), ripping the sprites and generating shared the palettes, collecting sounds (how many different apps are necessary to make the SND? Do you know?).

The real heroes putting in the work charge nothing for their expert work. Mr. Grocery Bags over here DOES, and that shit is fucked up.

#403  February 25, 2020, 10:04:14 pm
  • Wowzers!
Nah. But I can see ain't nobody is changing your mind.

The thing is my mind was changed... I was on your side. be it not for the same reasons but on your side nonetheless...
my mind was changed by playing the game.  unmoleboxing it. looking at the code.  seeing time and effort went into it. and seeing what he feels he needs to continue. as an artist I feel that. I know what it takes. I was gonna try to sell my build but I felt the hurdles where too extensive since I concluded there was no real outlet. so i moved to openbor

but when it come to outlets... if you build it... they will come... Ace proved it to me. This Guild proved it to me

You're convinced that adding sparks is the same as creating each move's profile, adjusting the animations and hitboxes (hacking the games to get the boxes is Certified HARD), ripping the sprites and generating shared the palettes, collecting sounds (how many different apps are necessary to make the SND? Do you know?).

The real heroes putting in the work charge nothing for their expert work. Mr. Grocery Bags over here DOES, and that shit is fucked up.

scientists use data not collected by them to sell books that energize the science community nothing wrong with that.

when it comes to snd I've only used Adobe Audition and its worked fine.

Heroes should get paid too. not just a pat on the back.
#404  February 25, 2020, 11:34:41 pm
  • SNK is life
What you say is great and all. You're describing like, how economy works.

This is MUGEN though. It's meant to be free for everyone, it's been the creators' wishes since it's conception over 20 years ago.
#405  February 26, 2020, 12:07:21 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
scientists use data not collected by them to sell books that energize the science community nothing wrong with that.
What Ace Million does isn't like a scientist referencing another scientist's data for his own research, it's more akin to a bootlegger printing wikipedia articles, putting his name on the cover and sell it to chumps to don't even realize they're getting ripped off (i.e. you).
#406  February 26, 2020, 01:52:28 am
  • Wowzers!
What you say is great and all. You're describing like, how economy works.

This is MUGEN though. It's meant to be free for everyone, it's been the creators' wishes since it's conception over 20 years ago.

things never change then?

how much more, would your fav mugen coder code, if a mugen code could get dough?
#407  February 26, 2020, 01:53:20 am
  • Wowzers!
What Ace Million does isn't like a scientist referencing another scientist's data for his own research, it's more akin to a bootlegger printing wikipedia articles, putting his name on the cover and sell it to chumps to don't even realize they're getting ripped off (i.e. you).

ok point me in the direction of another build just like his....
#408  February 26, 2020, 02:09:26 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#409  February 26, 2020, 02:32:57 am
  • Wowzers!
#410  February 26, 2020, 04:11:52 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
not sure what you mean by single button infinites but OK and thanks.
It just means mash one button to win the game instantly. Is that what you call fun gameplay?

so have you played the latest version? the RV community enjoys it.... we are in anticipation for RV3
Believe it or not, I have and it's fucking garbage, as I expected it to be.
RV isn't even "haha epic funny". It's so borderline unplayable for how sped up and buggy of a mess it is. I couldn't do the most BASIC MVC air combos without getting stuck in the air. Not to mention the best character in the whole damn game is Ace's self-insert character because hE iZ tHa CrEaYtUrrrrrr.

Also, "the RV community enjoys it"? That 'community' must really consist of sad, gullible people who don't even know that all the shit Ace put in it is stolen elsewhere.

Not a single person should stand by such outrageous, greedy and SLIMY tactics as what Ace is doing.

Save your $5 or whatever and spend it on a real Marvel game, not this shit.
Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:16:35 am by Joey S.
#411  February 26, 2020, 04:21:50 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yeah that game looks and plays like garbage but thats besides the point
#412  February 26, 2020, 05:41:08 am
  • Wowzers!

It just means mash one button to win the game instantly. Is that what you call fun gameplay?
but you cant do that....and he fixes any infintes reported

Believe it or not, I have and it's fucking garbage, as I expected it to be.

I'm lost at what his build garbage... I don't think your looking at it from a players perspective....  a non mugen player....

RV isn't even "haha epic funny". It's so borderline unplayable for how sped up and buggy of a mess it is. I couldn't do the most BASIC MVC air combos without getting stuck in the air. Not to mention the best character in the whole damn game is Ace's self-insert character because hE iZ tHa CrEaYtUrrrrrr.

so its too fast for you? report the bugs so they get fixed... I don't even play with Ace...

Also, "the RV community enjoys it"? That 'community' must really consist of sad, gullible people who don't even know that all the shit Ace put in it is stolen elsewhere.

Not a single person should stand by such outrageous, greedy and SLIMY tactics as what Ace is doing.

Save your $5 or whatever and spend it on a real Marvel game, not this shit.

its cuz yall are mugen coders and know how to do what he did (and do it better from the way yall talk.) but other ppl don't know how "easy" it is... but we all know its not... its all about know how and time...

the RV community sees a black coder using his talent to inspire others to keep going no matter what non supporters and haters think... inspirational to our culture... while its seems to offend the mugen culture. at the very least this Guild. and I'm still confused in why exactly....

cuz he didn't give yall shout outs? is that all? if he just gave credit it would be OK? like the scientist who sites sources of his data?

I have all the lots of fighters on PS4... psn twzgamerradio come get this work....

Yeah that game looks and plays like garbage but thats besides the point

but it doesn't.... does a build have to be just like the game its based on to be consider good?
#413  February 26, 2020, 05:57:08 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
the RV community enjoys it.... we are in anticipation for RV3

Oh right, RV community, a bunch of deluded people that still PAYING for shitty edits instead of grab the original content (or even better edits) FOR FREE!
Ace-Million is other dude that decided to go in that way and it's really sad, i've enjoyed the stages he did. But now he did such broken characters edits, molebox them and selling them via paywall.

"Donations are optional". Don't come with that excuse! It's the same excuse that Le@N used against me. Le@N that now is trying to intimidate me and even threaten me several times. Donations about MUGEN stuff aren't supposed to be like that, it's supposed to be a way of helping the creator/editor to improve and to help on get better stuff to work.

the RV community sees a black coder using his talent to inspire others to keep going no matter what non supporters and haters think... inspirational to our culture... while its seems to offend the mugen culture. at the very least this Guild. and I'm still confused in why exactly....

Are you fucking serious? So selling MUGEN content, that is in fact a bunch of broken edits, is inspiring?
And what culture you're talking about? What Ace-Million and few others are doing with that bullshit to sell MUGEN content via paywall is not "offensive". It's truly something shameful for the community.
#414  February 26, 2020, 06:00:15 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
When he mentioned an RV community, I think that's your cue to stop and realize how utterly pointless discussing this with him is.
#415  February 26, 2020, 06:02:52 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

The build being garbage or not doesn't matter, there are tons of builds like this that we don't even talk about. The point is him selling a thing that should be free. It could be the greatest mugen game that you'll ever play, it would still be illegal.
#416  February 26, 2020, 06:28:43 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Is this thing still being discussed?  ;D

The 5 dollar game based on a free engine is never going to be that good, especially when a big comapny like Camcom, SNK or Namco is not developing it.

The RV community is pathetic to say the least.

They can get greater content anywhere else for FREE at MFG, MA, MFFA but they can't be bothered to search a few keywords starting with "MUGEN ______".

If they pay 5 dollars for laziness? Not my problem, but shame on them! ahahaha
#417  February 26, 2020, 06:43:14 am
  • Wowzers!
i see this topic make ppl very hostile here...

Even if it wasn't RV I think mugen coders should get something for there time besides a pat on the back...

if I'm gullible for thinking that way, ah well...

thank yall for your time. it was insightful.
#418  February 26, 2020, 06:58:07 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Show us definitive proof that this "RV community" actually exists, and isn't just a bunch of sad, gullible bakasidiots who don't even know that all the shit Ace put in is stolen from elsewhere.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#419  February 26, 2020, 07:35:42 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

I think mugen coders should get something for there time besides a pat on the back...

They do, when the work is done right. There are a bunch of people who take comissions. Make a whole character, making sprites from scratch, coding, color separation, and so on. Not to mention people who develop tools like Fighter Factory, sprite/sound rip tools, hitbox viewer, stage viewer, vselect... They don't ask anything for it but they have donations open, it's different than selling.

If you want to sell something, go develop your own engine, start a new company and hire people.
#420  February 26, 2020, 07:44:50 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Show us definitive proof that this "RV community" actually exists, and isn't just a bunch of sad, gullible bakasidiots who don't even know that all the shit Ace put in is stolen from elsewhere.

Here's your answer George. https://www.facebook.com/groups/RetroVersus2k20/
Also un0mic dude it's TWZ Gamer Radio, Ace-Million's close friend and accomplice. That's why he came here, to defend his beloved friend trying to justify that selling MUGEN content via paywall it's okay. Oh well. xD