YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2852453 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#581  February 06, 2014, 12:02:36 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
That Mandarin one-shot was great. I wonder if this is all we'll see of Trevor, or if he'll show up at some later point

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Agent Coulson says:  If you don't like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., then you're a loser.
Huh, that article (and the Salt Lake Tribune it sources) doesn't mention that Gregg basically sort of apologized right after he made that statement. I mean it's still dickish but he backed away from it... I think? Maybe I'm just misremembering from when I read it. :-\

I mean he is being a bit unfair to some people but a lot of people are being that dumb and childish that it isn't cameo-land. I just wish he didn't sound so dickish about it.

MDI

#582  February 06, 2014, 12:44:11 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
I think what is unfair is people that want authentic Marvel characters on the show is apparently asking too much. People make the comparison to Arrow because they have characters from the comics, and make sure to have them recognizable as well as play a large role in the story, so that it isn't just some dumb cameo.

On AoS we can have a dozen villains and not one of them is someone we know or care about from the comics. On Arrow we have Brother Blood as the main villain, and Deathstroke pulling the strings. And you know what, it works!

I think that if the Clairvoyant is revealed to be say The Leader, or some other well-known villain, then the people complaining will sigh a breath of relief, sit back, and start to enjoy the show.

Essentially, these "cameos" or should I say use of characters that fans actually want to see help give a motivation for watching the show. A reason why we should care about the other 90% of the cast that is just some random interns that if not for the Marvel label we wouldn't give two shits about.
ey
#583  February 06, 2014, 04:01:58 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Just saw 11th episode. Pretty nice stuff, entertaining.

Looking forward to the next one.
Chilling
#584  February 06, 2014, 06:01:51 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Just saw 11th episode. Pretty nice stuff, entertaining.

Looking forward to the next one.

Just saw it too, yeah, pretty fucked up.

#585  February 06, 2014, 11:09:33 pm
    • Poland
I saw 13 episode already and I can tell show finally starting to improve. For the first time I REALLY had alot fun while watching it and for the first time I can't wait for next one.

This is how show should looked from the start but I guess they needed to find their own pace and I think they finally did it. I mean first 12-13 episodes of Arrow were weak-average at best and it got awesome near season 1 finale and I think it will be the same with AoS. With Whedon shows it's almost always like that.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16

MDI

#586  February 06, 2014, 11:33:16 pm
I wouldn't say that the show is "there" just yet, but its on the right path. If Dethlok gets a metallic face piece, something interesting is revealed about Skye's origin and/or we finally find out how Coulson was revived, and we get one solid villain, then it'll be there.
ey
#587  February 06, 2014, 11:43:33 pm
and we get one solid villain
That's the only thing I disagree with. In line with the "not all heroes are super" punchline, SHIELD operations are supposed to be more about some company like Cyberwhatever (that time delay grenade thing was wicked cool) and a cell of AIM and so on, certainly not a single big bad, that's for the big superheroes. Centipede is fine in that position, the only problem is we still see nothing moving. In fact, I still have doubt that Deathlok will play any more major role, he's just here to show us that Centipede is a serious threat that keeps pumping out those evil systems. IMO, SHIELD's enemy is Centipede, not Deathlok, Deathlok is just one of their weapon. At most I only expect him to show up here and there for specific events, but not as the real thing they go after, not the villain of the season final. Everyday hero, everyday villain.

What the series need is a better pacing and making us actually care for the various story arcs, not a single big bad. For example, instead of dumping the "Tahiti" and "Skye's parents" thing in our lap once in a while, telling us "care about this for this episode", then forgetting about it before and after, they should have both be a recurrent subject of worry, actually advancing forward each time. Like, the way Coulson realized, at the same time as us, that his "it's a magical place" response was involuntary and automatic, that was good, that was a red thread. But May repeatedly telling Coulson "Skye can never know !" is bad, because it's trying to tell us what to care about, without successfully making us care about it, just stalling.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:48:35 pm by DKDC
#588  February 07, 2014, 02:34:45 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#589  February 07, 2014, 02:41:33 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
OK, I think this is a perfect casting choice, the voice of Jarvis as Vision, perfect

#590  February 07, 2014, 03:56:57 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I´m still stucked on 10th episode, 11th tomorrow. I don´t like receiving new material each february after december break :( will watch this until the end and see how it gets.

lol canal sony!

...That being said, I'll watch their reruns just because my cable provider kinda sucks and ABC's reception is less than stellar.
#591  February 07, 2014, 05:21:23 am
    • USA
JARVIS is Vision, huh? Interesting.

And more casting news: Evangeline Lilly is rumored to be playing Hank Pym's daughter. Maybe she'll eventually become the Wasp, but it'd be pretty weird if she was named Janet, but even if she was, I don't particularly care she's being shifted over to being Lang's love interest. Because dammit, Edgar fucking Wright is making the movie!

With Whedon shows it's almost always like that.
Usually there was at least one episode in the first 6 episodes that proved that the show was worth sticking with (Welcome To The Hellmouth, City Of, every Firefly episode, Man On The Street). I mean, I really want AoS to be good, and hopefully episode 13 will be their Man On The Street. But I'm still gonna wait a bit and see how the next few episodes do before jumping back in.
#592  February 07, 2014, 08:24:29 am
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/

MDI

#593  February 07, 2014, 08:46:38 am
Well...was there ever really any doubt?
ey
#594  February 07, 2014, 06:24:49 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#595  February 07, 2014, 06:26:41 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Now this I'm a worried about, well maybe because I don't really like Ms.Marvel, but the casting is what worries me.
Well, this is Marvel, they'll surely pick someone good

#596  February 07, 2014, 06:29:55 pm
    • USA
What's wrong with Katee Sackhoff?
#597  February 07, 2014, 06:31:48 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It's just as rumor, if she's cast, great! I totally see her as Ms. Marvel. But it's still a rumor.

SNT

#598  February 07, 2014, 11:42:51 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
So I guess this means Guardians of the Galaxy will introduce the Kree?  If those Winter Soldier rumors are true Dr Sofen will have already scored a mention.
#599  February 08, 2014, 04:58:15 pm
Tiny bit of info that sounds interesting.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/05/disney/
We know from Thor 2 that Agents of SHIELD doesn't mind following through the movies, but we get a confirmation that Winter Soldier will have more impact on the series (which wasn't hard to guess considering Cap is joining SHIELD in it). I don't agree much with the article (which essentially says the ties are superficial and unnecessary), as it should give the superhero background that some people want (just the background is enough), while providing a more concrete, less evasive storyline, something more familiar, and a more thought-out continuity. As long as it helps solidifying the show's own storylines and plays into it, and isn't just eye-candy filler, of course. Apparently they already mentioned the possibility in November, but I dunno, this sounds more positive and in line with what the series needs.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#600  February 09, 2014, 06:17:53 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
IIRC Whedon said Avengers wouldn't be a trilogy, it would end with AoU.
If that's true, it doesn't make much sense to me, I think the series should end with Thanos. But if GotG don't fight him. And it should be a trilogy, for Avengers, two movies comes up short. Or maybe that's just me
What do you guys think?

Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:50:50 pm by QuickFist