YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2857668 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: YO SOY GROOT
#1121  August 04, 2014, 06:50:05 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Alright new page, time to talk about shit that actually matters:
Spoiler: GotG related stuff I guess (click to see content)

EDIT: also, GotG did phenomenally well at the box office, breaking the record for highest grossing debut in August. The MCU brand is incredibly powerful now, there's really no limit to what they can sell now.
Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:24:45 am by Jmorphman
#1122  August 04, 2014, 09:06:20 am
  • Fuck You.
yup im all for shit that matters, like this:

this is really good news

of course he says he's not ready to make any movies with the licenses right now, lotta projects on the plate already would be a viable excuse, but yea awesome
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#1123  August 04, 2014, 09:14:38 am
    • USA
Punisher and Blade seem better suited for TV shows. If the Netflix experiment is successful I figure they're probably next.
#1124  August 04, 2014, 09:26:30 am
The 6 unannounced movies are probably already determined, no... ? And none of them is based on a woman. If they wanted a movie with a woman, since they're already booked until 2019 with what they do have - and knowing that some of those will likely get sequels that aren't planned yet, another movie not related to those 6 would have to be for 2021 or 2023, or it would mean delaying one of the 6 that is already planned. And its potential sequels. AND the other movies like Avengers or whatever that this character would impact. So yeah, drop one for 4 years.
Yeah, that's what I was saying. We can guess what movies there will be, and even if they made sequels to everything (and there's no guarantee they will) then there would still be at least two open slots to launch a new superhero franchise. And from what Feige is saying, they're decided to not go with a female superhero in either of those slots when they were planning things. Which is complete fucking bullshit.
I don't understand. What two slots ? They have 6 movies already planned until 2019, that's 6 movies in 5 years. By two more slots, are you saying they should be able to do 8 movies in 5 years ? Or do you mean after that, 8 movies in 7 years ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1125  August 04, 2014, 09:28:16 am
    • USA
I mean there's at least two movies out of the known, unrevealed six that are definitely going to be launching new franchises. The other 4 are likely sequels.
#1126  August 04, 2014, 09:34:09 am
But... All of those 6 movies (the 4 we can guess plus the last two) are already determined. And clearly, they don't include one with a female lead. That DOES mean that if they want to make a female led movie, they'd have to DROP one of those that are already planned (and everything that entails - the sequels to those movies replaced by sequels to the female-led movie, change the impact on the other crossover movies, etc.)
So what he says is still true. They don't have an open slot at the moment because they're fully booked with what is already planned (those we can guess AND those we can't), and if they wanted to do a female-led movie, they'd have to drop for 4 years one of those that are planned. Just because we don't know which ones the last two are, doesn't mean they're not already part of the plan, and they don't have an opening for potential sequels, and ties to the other movies, which would have to be redone if they switched them for a different, female lead.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1127  August 04, 2014, 09:36:25 am
    • USA
I know they're already determined. What I said was, when they were planning out their schedule, they chose not to have a female hero in there. And that's what I'm angry about, because that's fucking bullshit.
#1128  August 04, 2014, 09:38:07 am
Oh ! The bullshit is the decision they took back then, not the excuse he's making now. Okay, well, I find that's unproductive to be angry at what they already have and won't change (better to push it for the next wave), but I get it.
#1129  August 04, 2014, 09:41:00 am
    • USA
We only know about it for sure now, but I wish I could go back in time and be angry about it then!

Stop making me feel conflicted Feige! First Winter Soldier then the Wright stuff, then Guardians of the Galaxy, then this no female superhero movies business! Why can't you be like Warner or Sony and be so easy to determine if I should hate or love you?!
#1130  August 04, 2014, 09:55:23 am
Okay, so there's Ultron, there's a Cap 3 and a Thor 3 that are pretty obvious guesses, there's probably a GotG2 with the success of the first, then there's Ant-Man that probably SHOULD be out by 2019, and there's most likely a Doctor Strange.
I don't know about switching any of these for a new one that has no precedent. Well, personally I would say Thor 3 is not needed unless they really have a huge story idea that reaches far through all the other movies (like GotG2), but that's because I personally don't really care for Thor. There's also Ant-Man I don't care for, he could have been introduced in either Avengers movie, but he has gathered quite a mythos around his movie, so it's not happening. As for Cap 3, after Winter Soldier, of course there's a Cap 3.

The fact is, there's just too many characters they could make stuff out of. The last "switchable" slot is Doctor Strange, so should a Miss Marvel movie come out before a Doctor Strange movie ?
The movies that are planned simply reflect the comics, the female-led comics just aren't prominent compared to the movies that are planned.
Personally, the best situation I could see is one of those movies foreshadowing (or straight-up introducing) a female superhero and lead that up to a movie. That didn't happen with Ant-Man in Ultron, though, but then again they didn't have any idea what to do with him because of the whole movie fiasco.
Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:59:06 am by DKDC
#1131  August 04, 2014, 10:06:12 am
    • USA
Doctor Strange is too far in development to even consider switching out, Thor 3 is still happening according to Hemsworth (and they have a dangling plot line of Loki posing as Odin, but honestly I'm just not looking forward to another Thor at all), Avengers 3 is a no-brainer, and Ant-Man and Strange likely already have sequels planned out (which would be scrapped if they flop), because that's just how the blockbuster business works now.

Their big guns are pretty much all deployed; they've got Black Panther and I guess Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider, and Hulk left, in terms of big names, and I don't see them jumping on any of the last four any time soon. I'm not really sure what they could put in those last 2 shots, Black Panther is a fairly strong possibility, but who knows. I'm not sure what they have planned for the other one if they went with Panther. It just seems right to put in a Captain Marvel movie there, she's certainly getting a lot of exposure by Marvel (and good on them for doing that). But it certainly doesn't look like that's going to happen. :(
#1132  August 04, 2014, 10:10:49 am
An Ant-Man 2 wouldn't be before 2019, and same for Avengers 3 I would think. GotG2 has a better chance of happening before them.
I would see a Captain Marvel happen before Ant-Man 2 and Av 3, but after 2019. Like, those would be the 2020-2022 batch.

I'm also thinking about how Marvel is trying very hard to dig a hole for Fantastic Four for... whoever has them (Fox or Sony I never know), they want it back, so I would imagine they want to do something for them before 2025.
#1133  August 04, 2014, 10:38:52 am
    • USA
They've managed to get things running smoothly enough to have sequels out every 3 years, and sometimes even in as little as 2 (Iron Man 2 and Cap 3); the Ant-Man and Avengers sequels would probably be in 2018. Doctor Strange would either be 2018 (if things go very well and they can put it out in only 2 years) or 2019. GotG 2's date was confirmed to be sometime in 2017 (there was a specific date but I don't remember it).

Of all Marvel's lost properties, they seem to be  most angry about FF, because there's just so much stuff Lee and Kirby introduced in that book that formed the spine of the Marvel universe, and Marvel Studios is really constrained by not having that stuff. Sony shares all the merchandise revenue with Marvel and it seems they're pretty cool with them, relatively speaking. And the X-Men stuff is so complicated in and of itself and isolated from the larger universe much of the time that I don't get the sense that Marvel has ever felt like it's missing a huge piece of their universe (or maybe it's just such a cash-cow that they can't basically disown the franchise like they are with FF). The disastrous-sounding FF reboot Fox is doing and the previous two they made versus their relatively good batting average with their X-Men movies might play a factor into it as well.
#1134  August 04, 2014, 04:15:42 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I hope its the rumoured squirrel girl production, about a girl that discovers she can talk to squirrels.

Squirrel girl would be the perfect property for a teenager hero in lieu of spider-man.
#1135  August 04, 2014, 06:03:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://io9.com/marvel-screened-guardians-of-the-galaxy-for-the-co-crea-1615584469
****WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY FOR BILL MANTLO****! Marvel hooked Bill up with a PRIVATE VIEWING of "Guardians Of The Galaxy", and my wife Liz and my beloved cousin Jean assisted Bill throughout, enabling him to sit back, relax and relish in the AWESOMENESS of what is going to be, in my humble opinion, Marvel's GREATEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL FILM EVER! Bill thoroughly enjoyed it, giving it his HIGHEST COMPLIMENT (the BIG "THUMB'S UP!"), and when the credits rolled, his face was locked into the HUGEST SMILE I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM WEAR (along with one or two tears of joy)! This was the GREATEST DAY OF THE LAST 22 YEARS for me, our family, and most importantly, BILL MANTLO!
#1136  August 04, 2014, 06:27:10 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Alright new page, time to talk about shit that actually matters:
Spoiler: GotG related stuff I guess (click to see content)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#1137  August 04, 2014, 06:36:17 pm
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I hope its the rumoured squirrel girl production, about a girl that discovers she can talk to squirrels.

Squirrel girl would be the perfect property for a teenager hero in lieu of spider-man.
I think if Marvel wanted a competitor to Spider-Man they'd just use Nova. He'd connect the GotG stuff to Earth, he was made explicitly to be a homage to Spider-Man, after all (he's even got the alliterative name!)

I just don't see them doing a full movie just about Squirrel Girl; Marvel hasn't overdone her yet, they've correctly realized that the reason she works is by invading other people's stories. She has to be standing in the sidelines to poke fun at everything, after all.

But if they went with either they wouldn't be teenagers, or just a teenager for one movie (much like both Spider-Man movie series); too much time passes between movies for any actor to keep playing teen for that long (with TV, since it's more frequent, the jumps in age are much more subtle than they would be in a movie).

http://io9.com/marvel-screened-guardians-of-the-galaxy-for-the-co-crea-1615584469
****WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY FOR BILL MANTLO****! Marvel hooked Bill up with a PRIVATE VIEWING of "Guardians Of The Galaxy", and my wife Liz and my beloved cousin Jean assisted Bill throughout, enabling him to sit back, relax and relish in the AWESOMENESS of what is going to be, in my humble opinion, Marvel's GREATEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL FILM EVER! Bill thoroughly enjoyed it, giving it his HIGHEST COMPLIMENT (the BIG "THUMB'S UP!"), and when the credits rolled, his face was locked into the HUGEST SMILE I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM WEAR (along with one or two tears of joy)! This was the GREATEST DAY OF THE LAST 22 YEARS for me, our family, and most importantly, BILL MANTLO!
That's really awesome of them. While we're on the subject: everyone should consider donating to help pay for Bill Mantlo's ongoing care.
#1138  August 04, 2014, 11:03:26 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
How many did you notice?
#1139  August 05, 2014, 01:18:50 am
  • Haters are toys
Before you go, might you consider Titiln's post again?

If I gave a damn....yes.

I think if Marvel wanted a competitor to Spider-Man they'd just use Nova. He'd connect the GotG stuff to Earth, he was made explicitly to be a homage to Spider-Man, after all (he's even got the alliterative name!)

Agreed, He's overdue. There was an issue where both he and Spiderman took on a rebuilt Tri-Sentinel, up until that point I'd never even heard of it and it blew my mind.

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1140  August 06, 2014, 10:57:44 am
    • USA