YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129606 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#241  May 31, 2008, 05:28:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
magic
Anatomy on those models is hideous. Midsection of the torso mostly.
#242  June 01, 2008, 12:53:16 am
  • SNK is life
stupid game is stupid.
#243  June 01, 2008, 01:40:04 am
  • Fight only those that challenge you.
yeah, but he is also, like, considered invincible, if not, semi-invincible...

how is a near-immortal supposed to be in mortal kombat? are all MK fighters gonna have kryponite lodged into their bodies or something?  :S
And that's why they lost my respect.

It's two completely different universes, seriously. Capcom was able to pull their shit off with the crossovers they had. If anything Capcom's lastest crossover still seems better than this in my opinion. Still it's was shocking to find out that Tatsunoko was the next company... >_>.
#244  June 01, 2008, 01:45:58 am
  • Fantô lives!
    • trinitymugen.net/

how is a near-immortal supposed to be in mortal kombat? are all MK fighters gonna have kryponite lodged into their bodies or something?  :S

You do realize there are gods in Mortal Kombat?  I think Superman vs a god is a fair fight.  But come on, it's a fighting game.  Superman has been in other fighting games.  Plus there are always unfair fights in fighting games.  Look at Masters of Teras kasi; Sandpeople and Gamoreans vs Jedi and Sith with lightsabers.
#245  June 01, 2008, 01:47:33 am
  • FOR PONY!
agreed on that
#246  June 01, 2008, 03:12:36 am
lol at people worrying about powerlevels. I just want the game not to suck like the last 6 MKs.
#247  June 01, 2008, 03:17:17 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
lol at people worrying about powerlevels. I just want the game not to suck like the last 6 MKs.
Wouldn't that be every game after MK2? >_>

I don't think this game will suck, it will probably be similar to MK:ARM.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#248  June 01, 2008, 03:18:41 am
  • corner push pusher
So you're saying MKT sucked?
#249  June 01, 2008, 03:29:58 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
You do realize there are gods in Mortal Kombat?  I think Superman vs a god is a fair fight.  But come on, it's a fighting game.  Superman has been in other fighting games.  Plus there are always unfair fights in fighting games.  Look at Masters of Teras kasi; Sandpeople and Gamoreans vs Jedi and Sith with lightsabers.

fucking agree.

No way Ryu could beat Wolverine only with his fists. forget about adamantium (after all, in MVC he had bone claws), but Healing factor? in gameplay terms, Wolvie's life were supposed to keep healing himself ad infinitum, until some one locked him into a infinite combo and chopped his head off at the end.

and the Hulk? he is up there with Superman when it comes to raw force. do you think Chun-li should be able to defeat him?

so the fact that superman is nearly a god in the comics probably won't affect the game that much.

#250  June 01, 2008, 03:32:46 am
#251  June 01, 2008, 03:33:55 am
    • Brazil
no. MKDA was actually decent, and Shaolin Monks was awesome.
#252  June 01, 2008, 03:42:02 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
as long as they have something to explain it, ill stop bitching about how much i hate superman

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#253  June 01, 2008, 03:48:53 am
no. MKDA was actually decent, and Shaolin Monks was awesome.
MKDA, Decent? I guess if you only judge it against the other 3D MKs.
  • Awful, easy infinites
  • dial-a-combos and their failure to balance risk and reward for these combos.
  • Lack of any type of balance between characters or in its own system (blocking throws  o_O, weapon balance = you take more damage lol)
  • Recycled moves between character despise being completely different "martial arts". Wasted all a bunch of effort fleshing out the MA's background only for them to turn out to all pretty much play the same. While on martial arts why the hell do character from other dimensions use only Earthrealm martial arts?
  • Grinding for unlockables = no no a thousand times no
  • Boring, slow paced matches
  • Hsu Hao
  • No Shao Khan in the GOOD versions

Good things
  • Cooking with Scorpion
  • Mavado , lamest yet AWESOME at the same time in more ways than one.
  • Online...Hooray!

One of the absolute worst of the major fighters and ALL of these issues carried for to each of the games, covered up with other awful systems perks like combo breakers. I was crushed when I purchased this game after waiting so long for a decent MK and I got DA. Oh well. It seems I like MK for everything BUT it's gameplay.
#254  June 01, 2008, 04:34:11 am
  • Fight only those that challenge you.

fucking agree.

No way Ryu could beat Wolverine only with his fists. forget about adamantium (after all, in MVC he had bone claws), but Healing factor? in gameplay terms, Wolvie's life were supposed to keep healing himself ad infinitum, until some one locked him into a infinite combo and chopped his head off at the end.

and the Hulk? he is up there with Superman when it comes to raw force. do you think Chun-li should be able to defeat him?

Ok MvC... lol. I'll admit, MvC, yeah that was a mistake if you was to analyze power, skill, and whatnot. If anything their should be a Marvel VS. DC. I can't even imagine Superman fighting Sub-Zero.

Hey man you have to admit though Teras Kasi was a sick game.

Seriously though, in reality Superman is way too strong (with a but load of arsenalss) than any fighter I can think of from either Marvel or Midway.

I shoudln't even say this... Superman VS. Goku, lmao.
#255  June 01, 2008, 09:29:26 am
  • Am I evil?
I shoudln't even say this... Superman VS. Goku, lmao.
I read somewhere (I think it was Wikipedia :S) that some magazine made a dream match between Goku and Superman. Goku raped Superman the moment he went SSJ1 :P.

On-topic: I could care less about the power levels of the fighters. I just want a good, entertaining fighting game. I can pass a semi-decent attempt to explain why these crossover, after all, it's a DREAM MATCH.

Also, I'd love to see Goro and Doomsday as sub-bosses and Darkseid and Shao Kahn as bosses.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#256  June 01, 2008, 09:45:59 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

Does a crossover game have to be extremely accurate to the canon?
#257  June 01, 2008, 06:23:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
^

OFC!!!! Issue 23 of the second series specifically stated Superman could create mini copies of himself with the same powers to do his bidding, and showed his powers of super smarts!!! Also there is that issue where little Bruce wayne and little Clark kent travel in time to the future to see themselves as heroes due to lil clark kent time machine.

Ofc Clark forgot to tell Bruce that his parents would be DEEEEEEEEEEEEADDDDDDDDDD, so bruce thought batman was awesome.

...wait, I forgot what I was talking about...
#258  June 01, 2008, 06:26:19 pm
    • Brazil
^

OFC!!!! Issue 23 of the second series specifically stated Superman could create mini copies of himself with the same powers to do his bidding, and showed his powers of super smarts!!! Also there is that issue where little Bruce wayne and little Clark kent travel in time to the future to see themselves as heroes due to lil clark kent time machine.

Ofc Clark forgot to tell Bruce that his parents would be DEEEEEEEEEEEEADDDDDDDDDD, so bruce thought batman was awesome.

...wait, I forgot what I was talking about...

pre-crisis dude... never happened.
#259  June 01, 2008, 06:39:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I was pointing out that canon changes according story needs.

Like Ted Kord, OOPS AND NOW HE NEVER DIED.

Its one of the things about long lasting continuities, you are required some suspension of belief in order to ignore the power Creep.
The Spider-man is supposed to have several times the strenght of a men, holds out buses over his head at his most and lifts heavy stuff all the time, yet keeps swapping punches with bums and druggies all the time without splattering their brains all over a wall.
#260  June 01, 2008, 06:52:52 pm
    • Brazil
I was pointing out that canon changes according story needs.

Like Ted Kord, OOPS AND NOW HE NEVER DIED.

Its one of the things about long lasting continuities, you are required some suspension of belief in order to ignore the power Creep.
The Spider-man is supposed to have several times the strenght of a men, holds out buses over his head at his most and lifts heavy stuff all the time, yet keeps swapping punches with bums and druggies all the time without splattering their brains all over a wall.

I know that. i was just joking. in fact, my statement would actually confirm your statement.

let's not forget that Spidey held the entire Daily Bugle building on his shoulders on the end of the Clone Saga.

Anyway, that is what i said earlier: Comic Book continuity does not affect at all the crossover games. otherwise, even the Marvel Vs series would be impossible.