YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 130066 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#621  August 23, 2008, 11:07:43 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
and whats up with superman's little *rawr* thingy he does before his fatality, i lold so hard.

***EDIT
ment brutality :omg:

MDI

#622  August 23, 2008, 11:52:18 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Btw , dunno if anyone noticed but there is absolutely no gore, Flash was burning whole.

Yah. They aren't going to have gore in this game..hence the T rating.

Which is understandable, I'm sure DC doesn't want Batman's spine ripped out or Superman's head torn off.  Sure the game will lack gore, but remember..this isn't necessarily Mortal Kombat 8. Its a crossover that happens to have MK characters. Its almost like complaining that Marvel Vs Capcom didn't have Dark Force specials from Vampire Savior.

I'm glad we got anything at all. The lack of gore doesn't bother me that much, I just care about this being a good game.

( I still think even for a brutality, Superman's finish still looks lame.)
ey
#623  August 24, 2008, 03:15:59 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
Game's gonna sucks if there's no gore. GORE made MK Popular. And what's with the glowing eyes in doing a fatality?

He could have flown them into space to make them lose their senses, then come back and piledrive them into the ground.
ending up with him hoovering ominously over them covered in rubble.
I agree with you, THIS won't kill anyone

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 03:19:51 am by 3D Sub-Zero
#624  August 24, 2008, 03:27:58 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
MK Armageddon and MK4 sucked even with gore. The game doesn't HAVE to have gore.

Mind you I think it's pretty stupid for it not to have it. But that won't effect whether the game play is good or not.
#625  August 24, 2008, 07:37:49 am
I just want to see the legs of Flash, Batman's Spine, and Superman's Head ripped off. That is all I want to say

#626  August 24, 2008, 08:02:33 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
1) I thought this was, officially, MK8.

2) I think I remember a while back that after MKA there was gonna be a new cast of characters or something. HAH.

3) I remember likeing the MK games as a child. Why did I like them? Because they were fun to play. The gore itself wasn't what sold me, but the gameplay. It's like hating a new DOA crossover with Tekken because the DOA girls breasts don't bounce.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.

MDI

#627  August 24, 2008, 08:19:25 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
I agree with post above.

Seriously, excessive gore isn't all rare and new like it was in the nineties. Back then it was like OMG GORE SO KEWL NEVAR SEEN IT BEFOREZ!!!!!111 But now its just like...ok, so what? Every game has gore now. Who cares anymore? Mortal Kombat NEEDS to focus on its gameplay above all else. Nobody takes it seriously anymore, and I think its time for MK to be among the ranks of Street Fighter once more. It just needs to get with the times, and I think MK vs DC is a good attempt at that.

So don't hate on them. :P They're only trying to please you people by focusing on new gameplay methods, a cool crossover the likes (Arguable) of Marvel Vs Capcom, a possibly great new storyline, and just in general a new fighting game on system with HD graphics!

^_^
ey
#628  August 24, 2008, 08:28:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mortal kombat relies too much on gimmicks, the gore and the blood isnt the first time it has done that.
It has gone through the "run", through the brutalities, friendships, fatalities, the stance changes, the weapon picking, hell it even went through the Create a kombatant gimmick.

And now they just went and did it again,the game is filled with gimmicks, you have the close combat gimmick, the falling gimmick, the run through the wall gimmick...
#629  August 24, 2008, 08:32:23 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
FERGALITY
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#630  August 24, 2008, 08:37:04 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#631  August 25, 2008, 02:13:45 am
Is SPAWN DC?

#632  August 25, 2008, 02:37:24 am
  • I got a PM.
No he is Image but Image came from DC and had crossovers in novels.
#633  August 25, 2008, 02:45:07 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
No he is Image but Image came from DC and had crossovers in novels.
NO NO NO NO!!!!!

wait a bit while i edit this post.
-----------------------------------
edit:

Image Comics is a comic book publisher that was found by former-MARVEL COMICS artists  Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Marc Silvestri, Erik Larsen, Jim Valentino, and Whilce Portacio with the motto of giving their artist the rights to their work.

originally, they were composed of the following studios (which were independent from each other)

Extreme Studios, owned by Rob Liefeld
Highbrow Entertainment, owned by Erik Larsen
ShadowLine, owned by Jim Valentino
Todd McFarlane Productions, owned by Todd McFarlane
Top Cow Productions, owned by Marc Silvestri
Wildstorm Productions, owned by Jim Lee

the only conection to DC here is that Jim Lee sold Wildstorm (and it's cliffhanger imprint) to DC. today, Wildstorm is even part of DC's multiverse, which means that their characters could appear on this game.

however, Image characters (which include Spawn, which is part of Todd McFarlane Productions) have no conection whatsoever.

and even tough they crossovered sometimes, it does not matter. crossovers are really more fanservice than anything.
(but the JLA/Avengers crossovers kick ass!!).

more info about image here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_Comics
Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:26:28 am by Tony 3rd
#634  August 25, 2008, 02:49:32 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#635  August 25, 2008, 02:50:37 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
NAH.DIBS ON CORRECTION !
DC and Image arent related, Image was formed by individual artists seeking a way to have their characters being self owned and not owned by a company, later on they too started taking characteristics of the companies they were dissing and ended up being sued by Neil Gaiman.

( hhohoohohohoh i totally pwned toni)
#636  August 25, 2008, 03:01:22 am
    • Brazil
no you didn't. mine had more info and a lex luthor pic  >:(
#637  August 25, 2008, 03:03:50 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
But mine had more Neil gaiman/Mcfalarne XXX drama rated yaoi.
#638  August 25, 2008, 03:09:46 am
    • Brazil
But mine had more Neil gaiman/Mcfalarne XXX drama rated yaoi.

if that meant we could see Angela in another game, theN you would. but unfortunately, it does not.

I WANT A MISTER MAJESTIC ALTERNATE OUTFIT FOR SUPERMAN IN THIS GAME DAMMIT!!

#639  August 25, 2008, 03:13:30 am
  • DAT SAX
ya he pwned u tony, cuz tood mcfarlane isn't a real person

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#640  August 25, 2008, 03:17:05 am
    • Brazil
and i was not talking about the person, but the company.

anyway... fixed typo.

and i stil want that alternate outfit.

[size=5pt]BTW, I'm not a Ws fan. i just find if funny to see the original concept dress as its copycats.
[/size]