YesNoOk

The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread (Read 645093 times)

Started by Hams Will Get You, September 07, 2009, 10:26:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: The Kamen Rider/Super Sentai Thread
#601  April 24, 2013, 04:44:48 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
thank you guys

oh! something else i forgot about the movie war 2010 is that kabuto was "killed" 5 minutes or so after he appeared and did nothing! fuck, even at the end when all riders used their hyper forms to kill the guyver he just non-chalatly aimed and shot him with one hand. wasn't his hyper-beam-thing supposed to be so powerful he needed to hyper clock up to endure the recoil? (i'm just nitpicking with that last one)

anyway, i have to accept the fact that kabuto is now just a background rider :'(

but he'll stand at the top of being a background ri.... wait! wrong rider
I need to find a working torrent or something because I really want to watch it.
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=205966
i'll be seedding for you
#602  April 24, 2013, 05:14:54 pm
anyway, i have to accept the fact that kabuto is now just a background rider :'(
Funny you should say that, it seems the (terrible) Decade novel has a hyper boner for him, for god knows what reason. Anyway, the reason he's a background Rider is more that everyone is too, since the first 10 Heisei Riders were parallel universes and the Decade/W split tossed them all in the trash can as far as continuity went.
At least, Battride War will replay each series including Kabuto.
I loved Kabuto because despite being joked about with his "total perfection" "sun god" assholic attitude, he was a rare breed of hero who knows what the fuck he wants and doesn't get wishy-washy with inner torments all the time, not knowing what to do or losing confidence at the first problem. (Wizard would be close enough if he wasn't such a dancer)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:19:38 pm by DKDC
#603  April 24, 2013, 06:01:18 pm
kabuto is fucking op rider, in dcd series i remember he is the only rider that wasn't defeated by dcd and he whooped diend's ass.

and i haven't been watching kamen rider since dcd i watched a few episode of fourze. but i saw a tons of fan art decade with new design more like he is wearing wizard's coat and his mask is a little different. why? is there a base for this or maybe a speculations for movie or?
#604  April 24, 2013, 06:20:17 pm
kabuto is fucking op rider, in dcd series i remember he is the only rider that wasn't defeated by dcd and he whooped diend's ass.
Well, Ultimate Kuuga and Hyper Kabuto are the ones who have the power to pretty much blow up the planet, so it's a given.
Haven't seen the fanarts you mention.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#605  April 25, 2013, 12:19:34 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
#606  April 25, 2013, 04:32:43 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Just remember, Kamen Rider Decade is DECADE'S SHOW. That's one of the main reasons they implemented the alternate universe, they didn't want the main riders to overshadow Decade, everyone else already got their chance at the spotlight. With that being said, some things could've been better executed, but again, I found some homages and interaction (Unknowns vs Grongis) really enjoyable.
#607  April 25, 2013, 04:49:18 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I've gotten over most of my hate for Decade but I'm still not fond of it. To me it's enjoyable enough if you consider it a standalone thing.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Posted: May 02, 2013, 05:09:45 pm
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:17:08 pm by Roman55
#608  May 03, 2013, 05:46:56 pm
i'm going to buy the shit out of those things once they hit my local toy store since gokaiger SH figuarts are long sold out

HOLY SHIT AKIBARANGER EP4!! you know, when i saw akibared's new design i didn't like it and thought it was creepy, after watching this episode, well, i still think is creepy but AWESOMELY CREEPY!!

THE LOVE FOR MY WAIFU GIVMES ME POWER!!

akagi truly is the hero japan deserves. now i'm not sure if i should buy this new akibared because i just recenlty bought (and received) the original akibared... DOUSHIOOOO!!

i also just noticed hakase's also voiced rikka in chuu2 (delusion levels have reached maximum efficency)

//edit: just watched kamen rider W 18
Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:53:47 pm by Bastard Wolf
#609  May 05, 2013, 05:18:53 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico

Great job Saban.
#610  May 07, 2013, 05:17:31 pm
they also fucked up in bringing rokcy and aisha back because they only offered them a small background role
#611  May 19, 2013, 07:17:50 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

Riderman?!

Also, the new Garo is absolutely terrible so far.
#612  May 19, 2013, 08:19:14 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
I still gotta catch up on Garo a bit - behind three episodes - but yeah so far it's been kinda meh.  Visually it's pretty awesome but its's got none of the gravity the earlier series had.  I refer back to my fears about the show after the whole bride thing in Ep. 1.

Ah well.  At least Akibaranger is being more awesome than I could have possibly hoped.  And here I thought after the 2meta4u Season 1, they'd never be able to both entertain and engross me again.  Oh how silly of me to think that.
#613  May 19, 2013, 08:52:50 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
There's literally ZERO suit action, they've been only using the armors as a finisher move, also most horrors are now generic humans with either a Nosferatu-like mask or CG-predator jaws (Sure, there have been some exceptions, but for the most part this is missing the imaginative stuff from previous series)

I guess that's what happens when Keita Amemiya is no longer part of the staff.

Posted: May 21, 2013, 03:54:38 pm
http://henshinjustice.com/2013/05/21/henshin-ninja-arashi-in-kamen-rider-hibiki-novel/

Makes sense, the armor that Shuki wears is pretty much Henshin Ninja Arashi. Also, everyone should read the Henshin Ninja Arashi manga, it's pretty good and it's been completely scanlated.
#614  May 25, 2013, 04:52:58 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
So I started watching some of the old Sentai crossover movies (mainly because they started showing up on my feed on Youtube). Timeranger Vs GoGoV is currently my fave out of the ones I've seen.
#615  June 04, 2013, 11:39:13 pm
#616  June 04, 2013, 11:48:43 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Wizard is fucking dull and disappointing anyways.
#617  June 05, 2013, 01:27:10 am
White Wizard got announced for October so he'll be the only one I'll pick up. Wizard Infinity looks awful, and I kinda like Flame Dragon but he's way too bulky and too one-tone.
When Red Hurricaneger was announced, I was thinking that Akibaranger S2 was doing more for Sentai nostalgy than Gokaiger did. Juuranger Red & Green, Dairanger Red & White, Hurricaneger, each with their Akibaranger alternate, and from S1 the Boukenger, Dekaranger, Jetman series...
Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:30:17 am by DKDC
#618  June 05, 2013, 02:02:34 am
you guys are right. i'll just wait to see if beast gets re-released becasue everyone knows kamen rider mayonnaise is best secondary rider

i can't get help but think that teh name of the wizard movie: "kamen rider wizard in magic land" sounds like a precure movie title

and speaking of gokaiger i finalyl saw the go-busters vs gokaiger movie. it was pretty dull and those robot mascots were pretty annoying (also, "i'll believe in you because my robot friend believed in me who believed in him..." or something like that) the only good part was when daizyujin appeared (also, BASCOOOOOOOOOOO!!!). also, toei will use any excuse to use that edo period set, right?

and why are the go-busters so useless

and finally some words to ponder about:
#619  June 05, 2013, 04:29:44 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Well, I think the whole Hurricaneger deal is also a way to promote the sequel with the Dark Red Hurricaneger.
you guys are right. i'll just wait to see if beast gets re-released becasue everyone knows kamen rider mayonnaise is best secondary rider
No, that would be G3 or Gatack.
#620  June 05, 2013, 04:44:20 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico