YesNoOk

RYU (Read 182934 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 04, 2014, 04:16:29 pm
Re: RYU
#361  June 06, 2014, 11:51:55 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Awesome spriter HADES recently fixed my wrong as Hell Ryu's focus. He made some fixes here and there. Then he told me that I should re-shade the feet and the face(in the sprites taken from Ryo) because of the different shading. This is a BIG mistake of myself, wanted to finish it in a rush and forgot those details D:.

Also, after Focus...I guess I'll do the opener kick(the one I beta-sprited and animated), or do you have something different in mind?

Tell me your thoughts. Have a nice day!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#362  June 06, 2014, 12:08:39 pm
Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:27:07 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#363  June 06, 2014, 01:34:27 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
BEAUTIFUL CVS WORK   :yes:
#364  June 06, 2014, 01:38:45 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
After the focus we only need the get up kick, that medium kick, and I'd kinda like Ryu to have his elbow (neutral jump lp) from sf3/4

After that I think he'll be finished sprite wise besides CS

Shao_kun, were you going to make another frame for that new jumping SK you made? I'd like to add it as well.
#365  June 06, 2014, 01:51:05 pm
The medium kick is already in the .sff. I updated both the .sff and the .air.
#366  June 06, 2014, 01:56:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I know. But you said you'd like Felo to work on it more so I thought you wasn't happy with it yet.

Also, I need the voices from Tekken X SF. All the sites I went to in resource releases were dead.

Alex, Balthazar, Felo: have you guys tried the latest Ryu? I'll assume no feedback is a good thing. You guys happy with the current state of him?
#367  June 06, 2014, 01:59:19 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Im thinking on a frankensprite...but using this sprites
#368  June 06, 2014, 02:09:10 pm

You know I edited your sprites to look better, right? If not, look here.

JNP, actually anyone can work on that animation.

Stuff I found:
- the close MP doesn't have any hitsound;
- throwing a (an?) Hadouken gives debug flood; (WARNING: PLAYER RYU (56) IN STATE 0: HAS NO HELPER 1050)
- landing after a Shoryuken gives debug flood; (WARNING: PLAYER RYU (56) IN STATE 1105: CHANGED TO INVALID ACTION 1105):
what's the purpose of this code here?
Code:
[State 1105, uni]
type = changeanim
trigger1 = !time
value = ifelse((prevstateno = 1100 || prevstateno = 2100), 1105, ifelse(((prevstateno = [1200, 1300]) || (prevstateno = [2200, 2300]) || prevstateno = 3000), 1205, ifelse(prevstateno = 3301, 3350, 1103)))
If I comment it the debug flood goes away.
Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:14:29 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#369  June 06, 2014, 02:14:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep. Same debug flood as DKDC mentioned earlier. I am gearing up to work on the sounds. LA did the sounds previously and missed the MK. I should have clarified that I meant how did he feel =p

Right now I'm still working basics. So I won't be hitting the debug error till I get to the specials.

Thanks for the feedback =)
#370  June 06, 2014, 02:34:18 pm
Right now it feels like a solid base for every character for this game. The only thing I don't like are the hitsounds. If only there was a way to make new ones...

Another thing I found: the anims 5015, 5016 and 5017 don't have CLSNs.
#371  June 06, 2014, 02:41:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Well how did that happen?!
Fixed that on my end will upload in a bit with my next Basics update. Also fixed angled jump MP. I had the idle set for 8 which doesn't exist. This makes a move not hit as well. I'd looked at the tick number instead of the frame number D:

What hit sounds should we use? I need to know this because I'm starting to work on his snd file. Wait, while typing that I realized we should put hit sounds in a common.snd not in Ryu's .snd
Anyway, yeah I still need the sounds =p
#372  June 06, 2014, 04:24:01 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Street fighter 4 :p Or 3. As long as its not the crappy Alpha 3 sounds

Did he have an anim 1105? Id prefer to stick with a universal landing state(with some possible exceptions).

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#373  June 06, 2014, 04:29:51 pm
Shouryuuken also gives "in state 1105 : changed to invalid action 1105".
and I cannot see why action 1105 is invalid. I may have to try to recode 1105 to see what's causing that.
It might have to do with the action 1105 not existing in the file currently in the dropbox :P
And neither does 1205, by the way. 3350 is fine.
They're different landing animations. The Shouryuuken was coded to end up in state 1105, which does a changeanim depending on what previous state it came from (Shouryuuken, super Shouryuu, Tatsu, super Tatsu, and whatever state 3000 is).

Except Tatsu doesn't end up in state 1105 (it has its own landing state - which doesn't even use anim 1205 anyway), and I assume none of the supers do, so the whole changeanim bloc using prevstateno in ifelses is useless, only the Shouryuuken leads to this state. State 1105 only needs to use anim 1105 in the state definition, without any changeanim controller (and it needs that anim to exist of course)
It's just some copy-paste leftover that hasn't been cleaned up yet. It only needs an anim 1105 to be created (from the one that's currently used), and both Shouryuuken and Tatsu need to point to it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#374  June 06, 2014, 05:17:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Fixed the 1105 issue.  Since we're already using the voices from SF4 might as well use the sounds too then.

I have an accuracy question for you guys.

Now the base is CVS2 obviously. But further testing shows that Ryu has cancels in this game that are not in other SF games.

He can cancel almost all of his basics into any special except.
Standing MP, MK, SP, and near SK

Yes, this means he can cancel even his sweep and his standing roundhouse into special attacks.

I have to keep reminding myself I am not doing a full on CVS2 conversion :p

Should we keep these? Or should I just note them and use them in the config file? Like CVS2 accuracy cancel option?
I think I should do the latter. Because many of these feel so wrong to me =p

The ones I wouldn't mind keeping

All crouch except sweep, LP, close LK, close MK

EDIT: To note none of these fixes have been uploaded yet
Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 07:43:05 pm by Just No Point
#375  June 06, 2014, 05:19:20 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hi there!!
This is what Hades converted:

He did something in the glove, the charge AND in the "skirt" zone(lower gi)

Also, I have to fix:
- Ryo's face into Ryu(I will feel like a plastic surgeror, xDDD)
- Ryo's feet shading are wrong. I'll got to make'em darker.

--------------------------------

- @Just No Point: I don't have that latest version of Ryu O_o! I have been preparing an exam(which is tomorrow D:!! ) and some other etc stuff :/. I will try to do next bunch of stuff. About the NJ-LP, would you mind if doesn't has the clothe movement?

- @Shao_kun: Do you mind if I fix something at that air kick? There's something that could be improved, if you don't feel bothered about.

PEOPLE: This is a personal thing, would you mind if we change his crouch HK? I mean, letting him having his SF3 version while Ken could keepthe CvS one, just for making them a bit different.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#376  June 06, 2014, 05:24:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't mind the J LP to not have cloth movement. I can edit it to add it myself :P

As for that sweep. For kicks I'd prefer to give Ken the new kicks. Keep Ryu the more traditional. 

EDIT:The actual punch frames still look too much like Ryo. Body mass is wrong looking, legs seem longer and thinner. May just be me.
#377  June 06, 2014, 06:05:20 pm
It's not just you, Ryo's sprites were shit in CvS, he looked fat and short and his cloths were baggy, and his arm positions made it look like he constantly had his shoulders dropping with no strength at all. He's terrible. I'd never recommend to base anything on them, even if the punch looks very similar, this here looks nothing like what the Kaze no ken (the inspiration for Ryu's Focus Attack) should be.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#378  June 06, 2014, 06:26:01 pm
  • Da gurl with the golden zippers
    • Argentina

I only tried to fix the Ryo face thing, but yeah, the body needs some fixing too to make it fit more to Ryu's sprites
#379  June 06, 2014, 06:29:53 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Felo, if it's outside your spriting range then I will go ahead and commission someone to make the appropriate fixes. We have $10 in the budget right now.

@Judas: Would $10 be enough to fix this up if Felo cannot do it? If not wait 2 weeks for the next budget deposit.

@Balthazar: http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1971191
You are the other main system mechanic guy. Let me know what you think about the CVS2 cancel system.

Everyone can chime in of course
#380  June 06, 2014, 06:56:32 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Yeah, that sounds doable. I want to see what FeLo comes up with first, though.