YesNoOk

The Dark Wolf is leaving the scene (Read 6682 times)

Started by DarkWolf13, October 31, 2016, 07:05:46 am
Share this topic:
The Dark Wolf is leaving the scene
#1  October 31, 2016, 07:05:46 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I have bad news to inform you all... I've lost my Windows 7 Laptop all of a sudden. It went to a blue screen and now says that there is no bootable disk...

That means I have lost EVERYTHING that was on the laptop and I didn't update my flashdrive with a few updates... Photoshop is gone and a few of my WIPs for my fullgame are gone along with it. Thus, I've lost motivation entirely for MUGEN so I have chosen to throw in the towel and call it quits.

I'm sorry for not being able to keep up with the project for long. What will happen to the MvC2 Project now? Well... Thankfully I gave Walruslui permission to edit the files in the folder. As long he's around, the project is still alive but I will no longer be around. For my Digimon Fullgame WIP... dead, just like my laptop...

So yeah, I'm retiring... if I ever get a new laptop or even afford one myself... well... maybe I'll come out.

Till then... the Dark Wolf has left the MUGEN building... farewell, fellow MUGENites. Thanks for allowing me to learn and chat with ya. So long...
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Re: The Dark Wolf is leaving the scene
#2  October 31, 2016, 07:12:27 am
  • Rawr!
I have bad news to inform you all... I've lost my Windows 7 Laptop all of a sudden. It went to a blue screen and now says that there is no bootable disk...

That means I have lost EVERYTHING that was on the laptop and I didn't update my flashdrive with a few updates... Photoshop is gone and a few of my WIPs for my fullgame are gone along with it. Thus, I've lost motivation entirely for MUGEN so I have chosen to throw in the towel and call it quits.

I'm sorry for not being able to keep up with the project for long. What will happen to the MvC2 Project now? Well... Thankfully I gave Walruslui permission to edit the files in the folder. As long he's around, the project is still alive but I will no longer be around. For my Digimon Fullgame WIP... dead, just like my laptop...

So yeah, I'm retiring... if I ever get a new laptop or even afford one myself... well... maybe I'll come out.

Till then... the Dark Wolf has left the MUGEN building... farewell, fellow MUGENites. Thanks for allowing me to learn and chat with ya. So long...

well it seems to me that it only needs a new harddrive just buy a laptop hard drive and install everything... keep the old hard drive and get a USB TO IDE/SATA cable that is for laptop's and use software to recover the project from the hard drive lol.

there's no reason to give up or lose hope just yet :) ..
#3  October 31, 2016, 07:15:29 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
DAMN... I know that feeling dude. That really sucks, and I hope that you get another laptop. I wonder if you lost the computer completely, or if your drive can be used in another computer? Keep fighting, don't give up so easily, cause it sounds like you can salvage it.
#4  October 31, 2016, 07:52:20 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Damn that's sucks I remember when that happened to me. Just take a break
I for sure know that feeling its frustrating as fuck. Try and see if you could recover
Some stuff from the drive it may just be a problem associated with boot up
#5  October 31, 2016, 07:52:54 am
Darn man... So not even a backup on Google drive or the cloud site? I was getting into the Digimon progress and now it's gone. Sorry how this is happened.

Hope to see you back soon. As for me, I'll continue on with my edit chars.
#6  October 31, 2016, 08:06:30 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Ahh Fuck... all too familiar with that situation.

Sorry to see you go, your works were definitely among my interests. Whatever you do after this, I hope you can come back if you feel like it!

lui

#7  October 31, 2016, 09:40:52 am
    • USA
holy shit. This is terrible. I dont even know if i can keep the mvc project alive on my own, ill do my best however. Glad you taught me everything i know in mugen. Best of look as always
#8  October 31, 2016, 09:56:57 am
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
That sucks, I am sorry about that situation...I never had this experience in Mugen because I have an external HDD where I save all my copied stuff, so at the next time you should follow my example if you decide to come back.
#9  October 31, 2016, 10:00:34 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, I wish you to get yout new laptop sooner.
Yes, I know, what is "Problems with PC", this sh*t is reason why everyone saw Balrog much, much later than it was before. This is real demotivation.
But still, try to quit your retirement after you get new PC, you'll get in faster than you think.
Good luck.
#10  October 31, 2016, 11:07:21 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You should be able to salvage your files from the hard drive.
#11  October 31, 2016, 03:20:27 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#12  October 31, 2016, 03:24:11 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Try a 2nd /different windows installation without formating the hdd and with a bit luck you can grab all old files
#13  October 31, 2016, 04:17:20 pm
i had that same thing happen to my computer and i used the windows 7 installation disk and it fixed whatever the problem was and i lost no files whatsoever
#14  October 31, 2016, 09:05:27 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
same thing happened to me around 1 year ago (computer would boot then very strange noises would come from i assume the HD, then would shut down straight up), which completely fucked me up (still have that computer, in case i wanted to check if i could retrieve any data)...sad story is i HAD backed up every mugen related stuff on my external HD...which died on me 2 weeks after -______-

been too lazy to look into retrieving content from those and i still haven't got a new computer yet.
now i'm thinking about getting back into the mix, from scratch.
#15  November 01, 2016, 04:06:01 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Computer death sucks. We will be awaiting your return if you ever decide to come back.

This reminds me: I should start making backups of my files...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#16  November 01, 2016, 04:21:02 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
As per usual I want to recommend Dropbox too. All your work files should be saved straight to your Dropbox folder. It's a great way to keep back ups and have access from multiple pcs
#17  November 01, 2016, 04:28:47 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I believe there's a way of increasing the Dropbox free user size, right? This can be helpful to save a lot of files
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#18  November 01, 2016, 04:36:21 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
There is also Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive for online storage too.

Although updating files might be a manual effort on your part...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#19  November 01, 2016, 04:48:20 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
As per usual I want to recommend Dropbox too. All your work files should be saved straight to your Dropbox folder. It's a great way to keep back ups and have access from multiple pcs

yeah, this horrible situation will NOT happen again, trust me lol

back up of back up of back of mothereffing back up from now on.
#20  November 01, 2016, 05:30:24 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I recommend a NAS drive. You can make one using Ubuntu and an old PC from Goodwill or something and 2-3 1TB hard drives, and it will automatically back up the folders you tell it to, keeping the structure and everything.

Using Git for MUGEN work also increases the number of backups for at least your personal work.