YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 745179 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2241  November 03, 2020, 07:37:36 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Woah there, may want to pump the brakes.
what you are doing is not descalating the situation.
This is a smash bros topic, not a big deal.
#2242  November 03, 2020, 09:48:46 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Yeah, angry edgelord because I'm talking specifically to someone thinking they made a mistake and someone else tries to play guardian of free speech as if I'm complaining. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension, it helps in forum discussions.
Simmer down and stop making mountains out of molehills. You are purposefully inflaming this, and have already been topic banned for shit like this. Let's try not to have a repeat of that.
#2243  December 10, 2020, 04:06:59 pm
New fighter reveal today:
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#2244  December 10, 2020, 06:39:51 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Whoever it is I am gonna dub them as Tracer.  I was told a Tracer will be part of the roster and I expect a Tracer to be in it  :furious2:
#2245  December 10, 2020, 06:41:40 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Batman enter to smash :D I can see it to come
#2246  December 10, 2020, 06:52:11 pm
I betting for Geno or Crash.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#2247  December 10, 2020, 08:09:41 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

I'm betting on anyone that isn't a Fortnite character. (I'm going with Postal Guy)

Don't think...obey
#2248  December 10, 2020, 08:21:15 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
I'm betting i'll be disappointed.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#2249  December 10, 2020, 08:25:47 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'm freaking out if it's going to be Crash Bandicoot. GA is going to be from 1 am to 5 am for me, so I hope it's worth it lol.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#2250  December 10, 2020, 08:28:58 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Personally I don't want it to be Crash, cause I don't care for that franchise, but he's a likely candidate.

But these days I feel like Crash is too predictable, and if Steve has taught me anything... fucking anything can happen by this point lol

I'm hoping it's Geno, simply cause of the monumental impact this reveal would have, matched with the timing, AND cause it would leave everyone wondering what in the hell could top arguably one of Smash's MOST requested character of all time, if not the most requested ever.
#2251  December 10, 2020, 08:37:58 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
TBH I think Steve was very likely. I would not say he was such a surprising outcome.

While, I do agree that Crash seems like a predictable candidate I still believe that a stage like this would be perfect for the reveal, if any.

However, Geno ... While I do agree that it would be nice to see him in the pass, I don't truly see him in this sort of spectre. I'd rather believe it to be Sora, which would blow everyone away, and the more I talk about it, the more afraid I am that this would be the case.

Doom Guy, Ryu Hayabusa and a character from either LoL or Overwatch could come out of left field too.

No matter the character, I will come to enjoy them either way. I'm prepared.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#2252  December 10, 2020, 08:39:22 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
it probably won't be sora or geno, since square enix already got a rep last fighter pass, that being Hero
#2253  December 10, 2020, 08:47:07 pm
    • USA
TBH I think Steve was very likely. I would not say he was such a surprising outcome.

Am I really the only person who didn't see Steve coming? Oof. I must be dumb lol

I'm really apprehensive cause of how much Fighter Pass 1 left me incredibly disappointed (aside from Terry) -- so far this Fighter Pass has been better IMO but it can always go sour. I'm gonna not get my hopes up.

That and considering the characters I want for the fighter pass... yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up lol
#2254  December 10, 2020, 08:52:55 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
we're gonna see how the first half of fighters pass 2 ends, and then around next year they'll start the 2nd half of fighters pass 2

I'm hoping crash is in it, otherwise he'll be last
#2255  December 10, 2020, 08:55:24 pm
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper

Am I really the only person who didn't see Steve coming? Oof. I must be dumb lol

You're not dumb by that reason, or any reason at all.
Minecraft content was rumoured prior to the release of SMUltimate. Vergeben had a giant track record for leaking content for the game. Sakurai did say that the Steve-Minecraft deal has been in the works for 5 years, so meaning that while MC content was absent from launch it still did happen, so most people had Steve on the radar due to that, and what many speculators pointed out that Minecraft was (and perhaps still is) the most sold video game ever, so it's a common sense choice.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
#2256  December 10, 2020, 09:01:56 pm
    • USA

You're not dumb by that reason, or any reason at all.
Minecraft content was rumoured prior to the release of SMUltimate. Vergeben had a giant track record for leaking content for the game. Sakurai did say that the Steve-Minecraft deal has been in the works for 5 years, so meaning that while MC content was absent from launch it still did happen, so most people had Steve on the radar due to that, and what many speculators pointed out that Minecraft was (and perhaps still is) the most sold video game ever, so it's a common sense choice.

That's fair enough.

Personally I stay away from leaks -- I like to follow mild rumors and my own theories/desires. So anything from Verge, I'm always in the dark on.

That is all pretty sound logic, yeah -- he did surprise me in general, but overall, from that standpoint, he was a logical decision for an addition.
#2257  December 10, 2020, 09:31:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'm not expecting Geno because I seriously doubt Nintendo wants to go to the hassle of dealing with Square yet again for some second rate side character in a one off game.

I'm not expecting Sora either because that would mean having to deal with double headaches from Square AND Disney.
#2258  December 10, 2020, 11:41:46 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Frankly, I'd imagine Disney wouldn't mind whatever antics Smash puts Kingdom Hearts through, because nothing out of Smash is going to top the nonsense Kingdom Hearts itself puts both Disney's characters and its own characters through.  Final Fantasy gets the short end of the stick to the point KH3 wanted to shove them out of the narrative altogether.  Disney's just going to want their share of the pie, and....that's the same all across the board of third-parties, not really a knock against Sora.  Disney the company's no angel, but I am left to imagine in this case Square's the biggest threshold to cross for his inclusion, what with how unreasonable they've been. (I still have no idea why they went through the hassle to make Sora for World of Final Fantasy....for a limited time, then cut him)

But I'm expecting DoomGuy anyways.  Doom's anniversary, Eternal pushed back until just recently and both sides making a big deal out of this port even being possible, Doom's had a long history with Nintendo.  Plus the general elephant in the room how important Doom is to video games as a whole, which is a focus of Smash.  Won't be angry if it's someone else, will probably just roll my eyes if it is the Fortnite crew, but DoomGuy feels right at this point if they're going to wait for the Game Awards to announce whoever it is.
#2259  December 10, 2020, 11:43:38 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Geno isn't a likely announcement - tonight at the very least - because his popularity at this stage is limited exclusively to the niche faction of Smash Bros fans who haven't stopped begging for him in Smash since the days of Melee.  It's not something to announce at an industry-wide event of this scale if you want to generate any hype.  I'm guessing Crash Bandicoot or Doom Slayer but it really could be anything at this point.
#2260  December 10, 2020, 11:51:38 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Here before it's Ellie form Last of Us 2 just for the trolling of the anti-hype machine that brewed before its launch to pair up with it winning GotY.

Hah, could you imagine?  Like Sakurai trying to top their own Fire Emblem DLC disappointment, minus the genuine affection the guy at least has for that franchise.