YesNoOk

How to insert a video/cinematic in MUGEN (Read 2819 times)

Started by Skyro, January 22, 2020, 06:58:16 am
Share this topic:
How to insert a video/cinematic in MUGEN
#1  January 22, 2020, 06:58:16 am
    • Cameroon
Hello. Please I would like to know how to introduce a video into my mugen. The goal is simple, by triggering a super move or a special move, or a transformation, a corresponding cutscene appears and when it ends (the video / cutscene) the game resumes its course.
Re: How to insert a video/cinematic in MUGEN
#2  January 22, 2020, 02:21:25 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Take a screenshot of each frame of the cutscene. Add it to the sff file. Display it as an explod.

No video in mugen. You have to reassemble it in the character the same way you'd put a gif together in other programs.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  January 22, 2020, 03:51:59 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
There are programs out there that can export each frame of a video as individual .png files.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#4  January 22, 2020, 10:12:10 pm
i use VLC media player to take screenshots of the video its free and really useful.

it has a step button so you can take a screenshot for each frame and then you can take those screenshots to an image editing program like GIMP or photoshop to resize them all to scale.

i also use a batch convertion to make things go a bit faster
#5  January 23, 2020, 04:04:14 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
My Jailbot character has a custom cinematic intro built in when it is Jailbot vs Jailbot.

I used AVS Video Converter.  There is a conversion setting that will extract every frame into a folder as .PNGs.

I skipped a lot of the frames (maybe used every 3rd frame or so), and spent a lot of time posterizing them to reduce the file size impact.

#6  January 26, 2020, 02:24:39 am
    • Cameroon
Thanks you all. I did it and it was very well ^^