YesNoOk

Wip Birdy (Partner of Sabretooth) (Read 14720 times)

Started by alexbunton87, May 10, 2020, 07:27:56 pm
Share this topic:
Wip Birdy (Partner of Sabretooth)
#1  May 10, 2020, 07:27:56 pm
    • Italy
    • alessandrorondinonealex@gmail.com
Hi everyone. After quite some time I still decided to finally complete Birdy (since in my opinion, the Birdy that is in circulation in our Mugen I do not find the real Birdy). The problem is that not being as good as many people I see, sometimes I get down and decide to stop. I need someone with enough experience in drawing sprites to help me out. I have some complete material and a lot of ideas on how to organize my Birdy. I hope at least one person can help me since I would like to use it in my mugen, since he is one of the characters I am most fond of !! Thanks in advance :-)

Re: Wip Birdy (Partner of Sabretooth)
#2  May 10, 2020, 08:16:43 pm
amazing friend! She is awesome and deserves a version more accurate, Gladiacloud or another capcom creator could make a fabulous work to her.
#3  May 10, 2020, 08:20:17 pm
    • Italy
that would be great friend
#4  May 12, 2020, 11:32:43 pm
    • Italy
guys i need some advice. Which one or two looks better? I modified the right arm and some light

Or

Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:10:11 am by alexbunton87
#5  May 13, 2020, 10:53:58 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#6  May 13, 2020, 03:00:30 pm
    • Italy
Thank u!!!
#7  May 13, 2020, 06:31:34 pm
Bottom
#8  May 14, 2020, 12:43:51 am
this Birdy with the MVC1's effects will be great.
#9  May 15, 2020, 08:52:01 pm
    • Italy
this Birdy with the MVC1's effects will be great.

Thanks friend!!!!

I fixed the Winpose edited by Morrigan and the one edited by Jean Gray (X-Men COTA). I hope they are perfect now:

#10  May 24, 2020, 08:25:20 pm
    • Italy
(Post of my friend Xfields, who is helping me in the creation of Birdy but unfortunately he is unable to access this forum)

Hi everybody
im lending a hand to alex in this wip
as you may know , i helped in the original birdy by eclipse , and have some other released and unreleased chars in my career
as you may also know, there's not many resources from birdy from comics(such a shame) so Alex has imagined she walks like Poison, so i took it straight from the video, draw over it and here is the partial outcome.
i would like to hear some thoughts about it
thanks you all.
Xfields

#11  June 13, 2020, 09:25:47 pm
    • Italy
Good evening (or good morning) to all. Xfields and I are continuing with the work on Birdy and I feel satisfied with what we are getting. I wanted some advice on Hypers:

I had thought of 4 Hypers for her including:

1) His classic with a firearm
2) Mind Blast (I'm trying to make it identical to this comics picture)

3) Call Sabretooth support (I wanted to do the same thing that Sabretooth does with her)
4) we are still deciding

Do you have any advice?

Thank you and good day
#12  June 14, 2020, 04:59:41 am
    • Brazil
A few things:

- Regarding her classic and Mind Blast supers, it feels like they would fit the same purpose, and, as such, I think the Mind Blast could be changed, maybe to make it like Cyclops' Super Optic Blast (you know, the one that can be bounced off the floor), or maybe it could be air-only, or maybe a "cinematic" level 3, in which she first stuns the enemy with a blast, then sends a powerful beam at them. I know Akuma could alternate between a beam and lots of projectiles in MvC3, but it feels kinda unnecessary there as well.

- Don't do one with Sabretooth, it worked for him because Birdy is a very minor character being called by the major character she is associated with, but in her case, having a major character as an assist kinda diminishes her.

- Maybe she could have an astral projection, I know this kinda came from an already made version of her, but according to Marvel Wiki, she actually can use astral projections. If you use my idea of a level 3, maybe she could use the astral projection to stun the enemy, since she uses that to calm Sabretooth down.
#13  June 15, 2020, 11:26:48 pm
    • Italy
I understood thanks for the advice. We will see what I will be able to create.

However, we also have a walk forward, but as usual I would like your advice on what to fix:

(now I think this winpose is perfect:)

#14  June 16, 2020, 01:00:42 am
    • Brazil
I don't think her hair should be flying like that on the walking animation, since it looks like she is walking slowly and that flying hair fits more on a running animation.
#15  June 16, 2020, 03:49:32 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#16  June 16, 2020, 05:42:33 pm
    • Italy
#17  June 16, 2020, 09:15:35 pm
now I think this winpose is perfect

To truly consider it perfect, it would need one or two in between frames.

However, we also have a walk forward, but as usual I would like your advice on what to fix:

Move her torso not in the same way the legs are moving, just imagine you were walking normally but with your hands on the hips. They don't move like that.

She shouldn't have that arm held high, she doesn't have the whip Poison from SFV has.
#18  June 16, 2020, 10:01:48 pm
    • Italy
now I think this winpose is perfect

To truly consider it perfect, it would need one or two in between frames.

Move her torso not in the same way the legs are moving, just imagine you were walking normally but with your hands on the hips. They don't move like that.

I have tried both Xfields and I but it cannot be fixed :(
#19  June 17, 2020, 08:26:17 pm
Nothing cannot be fixed.
You're too restrained from the almost finished sprites, you can break them to adjust them, don't be afraid of doing that.
#20  July 12, 2020, 04:14:03 pm
    • Italy
this should be the special with the weak weapon. I hope it goes well ... I accept advice on what to improve (maybe the bust is not very good)