YesNoOk

capture video and sound (Read 12795 times)

Started by Momotaro, September 16, 2020, 04:39:50 pm
Share this topic:
capture video and sound
#1  September 16, 2020, 04:39:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hello,
I would like to have your suggestions about how I can capture video and sound from my PC.

I would like it to be able to capture :

-from any software like photoshop + FighterFactory + web browser
-sound from the computer as well, software of web browser... (NOT a voice comment from microphone)

I tried VLC capture = no sound
Cam studio = same
Windows10 gaming capture = it seems to capture only games.

Thanks for any suggestion of possible simple free software that is not an enormous one and can capture sound of PC as well.
Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:34:57 pm by Nedflandeurse
Re: capture video and sound
#2  September 16, 2020, 04:52:28 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I use Bandicam v4.3. It records 1080p at 60fps (and my laptop is a toaster) and the resulting file size is small enough.

Keep in mind that you usually must enable audio recording from PC, and that's gonna probably involve messing around with Sound and Audio Devices input settings in the Control Panel.
#3  September 16, 2020, 10:34:47 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I use Bandicam v4.3. It records 1080p at 60fps (and my laptop is a toaster) and the resulting file size is small enough.

Keep in mind that you usually must enable audio recording from PC, and that's gonna probably involve messing around with Sound and Audio Devices input settings in the Control Panel.

Thanks a lot! I will try this one.
#4  September 17, 2020, 03:45:50 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Here is what I use:

OBS Studio: records good quality videos, good file size, no watermark, easy to use and very versatile.
Audacity: simple audio recorder, I use it all the time for small edits like cutting silence or increasing volume.
HandBrake: it's a video encoder, you can decrease the file size without loosing quality, crop black stripes, and so on.

All of them are free.
#5  September 17, 2020, 10:08:08 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Here is what I use:

OBS Studio: records good quality videos, good file size, no watermark, easy to use and very versatile.
Audacity: simple audio recorder, I use it all the time for small edits like cutting silence or increasing volume.
HandBrake: it's a video encoder, you can decrease the file size without loosing quality, crop black stripes, and so on.

All of them are free.

Thanks for this great suggestion.
I use audacity! Now I wil try the 2 others.
#6  September 20, 2020, 03:07:39 pm
OBS is the thing you need
and it's opensource! all platfrom Mac WIN Linux