YesNoOk

Re: Capcom's updated stance on fan content & possible ramifications for Mugen? (Read 5132 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 09, 2021, 01:40:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom's updated stance on fan content & possible ramifications for Mugen?
#1  January 09, 2021, 01:40:19 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
For those who haven't already heard, Capcom recently updated their policy regarding fan content utilizing their IP (which is mainly directed at videos & gameplay footage, but can apply to other areas as well):

https://www.capcom.com/video-policy/

Needless to say, quite a bit of the wording of their new policy seems to contradict their long held stance towards fan content, especially Mugen content using their IP, to which they had previously given the "okay" almost 2 decades ago. How will this new stance affect our community, if at all?
Re: Re: Capcom's updated stance on fan content & possible ramifications for Mugen?
#2  January 09, 2021, 02:14:30 am
    • USA
I don't think much has changed, other than having to be more careful about NSFW content concerning non M-rated IP.
#3  January 09, 2021, 02:39:22 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
It very likely won't.
#4  January 09, 2021, 03:26:25 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Not Official Capcom Video: Fan content may not be promoted as official Capcom content.

Audience-Appropriate: All fan-created content should be appropriate for the audience of the Capcom games. For example, if you take game content for younger audience and make it objectionable, we reserve the right to take it down.

Unauthorized Usage: We do not allow usage of or promotion of third-party programs (including hacking, cheating, etc.) or devices that circumvent intended protection of Capcom titles. Additionally, we do not allow Capcom content to be uploaded to a platform for which rights have not been granted (such as in the creation of Twitch emotes featuring Capcom content.)

Inappropriate Content: Using Capcom titles to create video and other content, including mods, that is illegal, racist, sexist, prejudicial to sexual orientation, sexually explicit, disparaging, promotes hate crimes, or is otherwise offensive is not tolerated. On a case by case basis, Capcom reserves the right to take down content that is found to be inappropriate or objectionable, at our discretion.

Non-Commercial Use: We do not allow Capcom content and other materials to be used to make money or to gain any other financial benefit except through permissible monetization described below. You may not limit to paid access, sell, or license your content that includes our game content to others for payment of any kind. In particular, we do not allow you to create new content using our game if a paid subscription is required for people to access our specific content.

Is mainly related to online video media sharing for their games and intelectual propierty, so as you respect their rules they respect you.
Nothing to fear.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:31:31 am by MangeX
#5  January 09, 2021, 04:45:52 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
The only important thing to note on this is the part where it says "game soundtracks may not be posted or distributed separately and apart from game footage" which basically means uploading osts to YouTube is now a no-no.