YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 246245 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#161  June 25, 2020, 09:00:47 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Don't bother, he didn't listen when I told him it was ridiculous and I'm a mod. :uhoh:
#162  June 25, 2020, 09:21:35 pm
#163  June 26, 2020, 03:25:38 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
My Character Suggestion 2:
Homer Simpson
Peter Griffin
Dr. Eggman
Princess Peach
Princess Daisy
Zavok
Red Ranger
Springman

Dude, we understand your Hype, but the way you are suggesting the characters despise of what people is telling you is unnecesarily stubborn, you are literally provoking cringe, please be more comprehensive.
#164  June 26, 2020, 04:01:42 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Xanderac

No swapping, the only OC of mine on the actual roster is Detective Laurel. The three other SHADEs guys are just bonus characters I did for fun.

@Lurker

I'll look into those for a future update, thanks!

@AVPBoy

Yeah Pin's sprites are so good, it was so awesome that someone went through the trouble of respriting one of my own OCs with a new design, legit one of the coolest things anyone has done. It's like fanart that probably took a hundred hours and now they've found a home in this game.

@ChaosLumpy6

lol

-----------------------------------------------

Made some good progress on Fiona, may post a preview soon. Also, Wizzy just hit me up about making more themes for the game, I can't wait to hear what he does for Shawn Spencer.

Download Last Bout now!
#165  June 26, 2020, 01:50:34 pm
    • UK
Well, That's strange
#166  June 26, 2020, 05:44:55 pm
Oh man, I'm hyped! It's always nice to see more female characters!

Anyway, I hope Guy won't be sidelined into a secret character. If Ken didn't take secret spot when there's already Ryu in the game, then neither should Guy, even if there would be imbalance in Capcom to World character ratio.
Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 05:59:45 pm by GreenZed
#167  June 27, 2020, 04:23:01 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Oh man, I'm hyped! It's always nice to see more female characters!

Anyway, I hope Guy won't be sidelined into a secret character. If Ken didn't take secret spot when there's already Ryu in the game, then neither should Guy, even if there would be imbalance in Capcom to World character ratio.

To be honest, a character worthy of the term "secret" that actually fits perfectly to this game's style, would be either Diepod's / BluperVillian's & Jesuszilla's Bluestreak or Elecbyte's / DivineWolf's Kung Fu Man. Both would be great for the game's lore of "The World", even so, we still need a Secret Capcom character, since Cactuar already covers that spot for now.
Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 04:29:25 am by AVPboy
#168  June 27, 2020, 05:10:31 am
    • Brazil
Sean already said that he would consider adding Kung-Fu Man, which I think is great, since he is the character of MUGEN itself, and I think that is worth having a representation. About secret characters on Capcom's side, there are some I could think of:

• Palette-swap characters - You know, stuff like Evil Ryu/Kage, Shadow Lady, Violent Ken, Morrilith, kinda unfair to call them palette-swap, because the idea is that they should have different movesets, but you get the idea.
  • Anita - Kinda weird to include her, but considering her only playable appearence, in Marvel Super Heroes, was the weirdest thing ever, I think it could earn her a spot in this game. Also, having her some other characters could make her moveset even more creative than the original one.
  • Juli & Juni - Kinda biased pick, but pay attention to my idea first: though they're both unlikely to go two on one at the same time, I think they could emulate a tag-team moveset perfectly, their special would be summoning each other for assist attacks, swapping places or both. The reason I suggest these as secret characters is because they're not particularly popular, so they would be more like a different weird secret character.
  • Ingrid - Ingrid became kinda like a phantom in Capcom because she was made for a cancelled crossover, then they made a smaller crappy crossover and tossed her in. I don't hate the character, but I think she should be treated as the pseudo-phantom she is and be a secret.
#169  June 27, 2020, 05:29:52 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Thanks for clarifying that! Glad to hear stuff is going smoothly with Fiona as well, can't wait to see a preview of her in action.
#170  June 27, 2020, 07:09:10 am
My point is that only either joke or at least somewhat "jokey" character should be secret (like KFM) in context of the roster or if the characters are too redundant to include for one franchise (like with SHADES protags). I know we already have Haggar, but just look at Street Fighter reps - none of them are secret. One of a few exceptions, I fell like would make sense, is if Akuma was secret, considering his status in the game he debuted.
Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 07:13:54 am by GreenZed
#171  June 27, 2020, 12:21:16 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I have sent CvTW Akuma to Sean for testing. Should be due for release soon if there isn't too many bugs to squash.
#172  June 27, 2020, 05:11:56 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
My point is that only either joke or at least somewhat "jokey" character should be secret (like KFM) in context of the roster or if the characters are too redundant to include for one franchise (like with SHADES protags). I know we already have Haggar, but just look at Street Fighter reps - none of them are secret. One of a few exceptions, I fell like would make sense, is if Akuma was secret, considering his status in the game he debuted.

Now that's solid, for sure.

I have sent CvTW Akuma to Sean for testing. Should be due for release soon if there isn't too many bugs to squash.

Holy Guacamole, it shall be actually possible then, excellent.

BTW, i don't if it would be prudent either to suggest this, but maybe this boy we all know and love would fit.

The only thing needed for this character's sprites would be to do the same as you guys are doing with Goku, rescaling with the .cns codes.
#173  June 27, 2020, 11:57:06 pm
If Akuma is going to be CvTW, that gives me an idea: maybe it's possible to make him a secret boss after Mr.X/Superman? I don't know if mugen supports this kind of stuff, tho. Destroyed Temple by NoZ and Jeanbureau would be a perfect stage for him, since both of them has already landed some of their works for this game.

lui

#174  June 28, 2020, 01:35:23 am
    • USA
Heya, since youre thinking of replacing Luffy, I think I can send you a .sff that I have for him from a fullgame project I was apart of that has a lot of custom anims such as air specials, extra supers and such. It could help flesh out his moveset if youre having trouble coming up with one :)
#175  June 28, 2020, 04:32:41 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I wouldn't know how to do A.I. since I'm not an advanced coder at all but he is turned over to Sean. Sean has any and all permission to change Akuma as he sees fit. This version is simply my take on what would be a CvTW Akuma. As to what he can do you all pretty much have an idea but as far as his setup goes you'll see for yourself should Sean post a video later on. The only moves he's not going to have are pretty much the Demon Flip moves as I honestly have no idea how to code the EX version. That said he's pretty fun.

Now...onto Reptile and Ermac...phew.
#176  June 30, 2020, 07:36:34 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
You guys have actually made me rethink Ken as a main roster guy, I actually might shift him over to off-screen next to Ryu and put someone else in that spot.

@AVPBoy

That Leonardo is nice but it has some very incomplete looking animations along with some nice looking ones, also the sprite style is just a little too off for me. Good job to the person working on it though, looks good

@GreenZed

Maybe possible in a full game but not normally in Mugen, so probably not

@Lui

Sure, if you want to send it, it would probably help a lot if I decide to keep him in. I appreciate all the help I can get.

@SlenderMan

Yeah the Akuma you sent is good, my only issue is those SF3 sprites having palette issues compared to the CVS sprites, it's something I can't unsee. It will be a while before I feel like editing them myself TBH

--------------------------------------------------------------

SOME UPDATES:

-I have commissioned Judas to animate Billy's fighting stance since it's a static sprite right now, he should be sending those sprites to me soon
-Drew the basic linework for all the new character's portraits. I searched my old files and found that I'd already drawn, inked and scanned portraits for Bison and Mario Mario, and weirdly I found full color portraits for Ermac, Byrne and Apollo, so I guess at some point I was going to add them as bonus characters. Ermac might end up in there along with Reptile, but I don't plan on adding Byrne or Apollo.
-Making progress on Fiona. During my research that consisted of watching a 6-hour playthrough of the game, I saw her using offensive items that weren't included in Li-Kun's release, like Antimony Powder and Magnesia (Li-Kun's has mines, but during the whole playthrough I never saw mines, only Magnesia which were similar). Here is the planned movelist for my version:

UNIQUE TACTIC:

-Not quite sure yet, would be easy to assign these commands to Hewie and she would have one less special. I've also considered making her Antimony Powder and Magnesia limited, and pressing the UT buttons would make Hewie "search" for items, replenishing some of her supply. Ideas welcome!

SPECIALS:

-Antimony Powder - QCF+P - Fiona throws a small orb full of powder that breaks and stuns her opponent on impact
   -EX Version will be Refined Antimony, which causes a long electricity-like shock/stun to the opponent

-Magnesia - QCB+K - Fiona sets a small item on the ground that acts as a sort of mine, when the opponent walks over it, it explodes and causes damage. After a set amount of time it goes off anyway but this explosion causes far less damage.
   -EX Version is Refined Magnesia, which does much more damage and doesn't go away after a set period, staying on the battlefield until it is stepped on

-Mandragora - QCB+P - Fiona plucks a mandragora plant from the ground and tosses it away quickly, where it emits a horrific shriek that causes damage tot he opponent and launches them upward.
   -EX Version tracks the opponent's location so that it always lands at their feet

-Go Hewie! - QCF+K - Fiona sends Hewie out to bit her opponent, doing damage and holding the opponent in place briefly. Does damage over time, so if Fiona interrupts with an attack, she gets a combo but loses the rest of the guaranteed damage
   -EX Version sends Hewie out at a faster speed, and instead of biting, he performs a diving headbutt that does big damage and causes knockdown

SUPER MOVES:

-L1 - Panic Attack - QCF+S - Fiona enters full panic mode, causing her to run forward while swiping wildly in the air, causing multiple hits to her opponent. She eventually trips and falls, knocking her opponent away. Very unsafe if blocked.

-L1 - Chandelier - QCB+S - Fiona jumps backwards as a massive chandelier crashes down in front of her, crushing her opponent. Tracks her opponent's location but is hard to combo into.

-L3 - Haunting Ground - DP+S - Fiona barely avoids a Luminessant, which instead hits her opponent. This causes Ricardo to appear and shoot the opponent twice, followed by Daniella coming from behind and slashing them several times with her glass shard, during which Fiona throws a dolly at the opponent, causing Debilitas to finish them off with a huge uppercut before retrieving the doll and running away

EDIT:

Preview vid.

From the video description:

Here's a preview of the incomplete Fiona. Still have to iron out some bugs, fix some hit stuns and timings and add all the necessary sound FX. She also still needs a Unique Tactic which I haven't decided on yet. Much props to Li-Kun's original sprites. I went a different direction than his version and eliminated all the costume supers and replaced them with Panic Attack (which was the first part of her previous L3), Chandelier Crash (inspired by her boss fight with Debilitas), and Haunting Ground (a new use for her stalker assists).

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:40:26 pm by Sean Altly
#177  July 01, 2020, 01:30:50 am
You guys have actually made me rethink Ken as a main roster guy, I actually might shift him over to off-screen next to Ryu and put someone else in that spot.

TBH, personally I wouldn't want that, I was just arguing that Guy should be a proper member of the full roster. But it's up to you.

Fiona is looking good! Can't wait to eventually see Jotaro!

Also hoping that C.Viper and Frank West you've mentioned when this thread started will also eventually make it into the game  :).
#178  July 01, 2020, 04:06:17 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I forgot about the Camomile super, so I think I'll use that as her UT. It uses all 8 bars of her UT but it restores about 120 health. I think this fits her because she is a low health character (850) and since it uses the entire UT bar and has a bunch of startup, it shouldn't be too abusable.

Download Last Bout now!
#179  July 01, 2020, 04:34:42 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I must say, I really prefer these new hypers than the old costume hypers, especially since they actually make sense.
#180  July 01, 2020, 04:36:53 am
    • Brazil
No offense to the original creator, because the character is actually good, but costume hypers are very lazy and bad.