YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2852815 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Avengers sequel due in 2015
#221  July 22, 2013, 11:52:26 am
    • Greece
Probably Stark will create ULTRON for a safer world without superheros, Ultron turns bad and this will force Stark to be Ironman again.
#222  July 23, 2013, 01:49:38 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#223  July 23, 2013, 02:25:30 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

Bea

#224  July 23, 2013, 02:34:07 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
And many panties were ruined that day...

He is... too hot. Specially when doing that. >.>
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#225  July 23, 2013, 02:41:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
your lack of concern for pym is disheartening!!

Bea

#226  July 23, 2013, 02:42:08 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Who?
I, like many girls out there, am too busy right now mesmerizing about Loki!
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#227  July 23, 2013, 09:23:48 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
fuck hank pym he sucks. They can introduce ultron with hank pym as a footnote as his creator. Hank pym is boring as shit when he's not abusing his wife, at least then he's an abusive dysfunctional asshole. As he is normally, he's just a stale boring ass character.

I don't condone spousal abuse, that sorta sounded like I did, but no, he just isn't interesting at all when there isn't something wrong with him personally.
#228  July 23, 2013, 09:35:29 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There are no bad characters, only bad writers.

Josh wheddon has removed pym from the ultron storyline, Ultron is now just Jarvis.
Wait what
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845
Oh. I guess the JARVIS becoming Ultron thing is just speculation. But it's not that out there, what with the "Ultron is in the house" comment. But still, that might be reading into that too literally.

But yeah, I don't think losing Pym is a big loss. They haven't even introduced Pym yet, so the whole "OH NO TRUSTED SUPERHERO CREATED A MONSTER" angle wouldn't have been pulled off too well (and if the Ant-Man movie plot of Pym being the 60's Ant-Man is still going on, it'd be even harder to do so, who cares about old people). If indeed Stark is the guy behind it, it makes the most sense from a story point of view. I just don't think the change matters too much. :-\
#229  July 23, 2013, 09:46:49 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
no there are bad characters, when they are boring as shit, and hank pym has ALWAYS been boring as hell.
#230  July 23, 2013, 12:10:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yall a bunch of losers that poop in their diapers, Pym is awesome because of these reasons
1-shutup
2-shutup
3-shutup

Also this bloats stark characterization unreasonably, even in the emh cartoon they had stark build the first body and pym make the AI based on himself. Ultron is cool because his behaviour is what pym would do with no moral qualms.

Ultron calling stark father is disgusting. >:C also the ultimate characterization of pym was bullshit.
#231  July 23, 2013, 12:55:00 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
So apparently an alternate universe version of Hank Pym is everything about him now.
#232  July 25, 2013, 05:51:26 am
    • USA
Also this bloats stark characterization unreasonably
Eh, I dunno about that, and Stark is pretty much the main character in the MCU, so it makes much more sense to center the whole "I'VE CREATED A MONSTER" dynamic on him and not a just-introduced new guy that nobody gives a shit about. (I'm talking about the general audience) But then again, we don't know for sure that Stark is the one who ends up creating Ultron, so who knows.

The topic title could use an update, should it be Age of Ultron or Agents of SHIELD (since it's the thing debuting soonest)?
#233  July 25, 2013, 06:01:53 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yall a bunch of losers that poop in their diapers, Pym is awesome because of these reasons
1-shutup
2-shutup
3-shutup

Also this bloats stark characterization unreasonably, even in the emh cartoon they had stark build the first body and pym make the AI based on himself. Ultron is cool because his behaviour is what pym would do with no moral qualms.

Ultron calling stark father is disgusting. >:C also the ultimate characterization of pym was bullshit.

Nerd, big giant super comic book purists nerd! :p I agree with Jmorph for many many reasons.
#234  July 25, 2013, 09:16:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Also this bloats stark characterization unreasonably
Eh, I dunno about that, and Stark is pretty much the main character in the MCU, so it makes much more sense to center the whole "I'VE CREATED A MONSTER" dynamic on him and not a just-introduced new guy that nobody gives a shit about. (I'm talking about the general audience) But then again, we don't know for sure that Stark is the one who ends up creating Ultron, so who knows.

The topic title could use an update, should it be Age of Ultron or Agents of SHIELD (since it's the thing debuting soonest)?

I non poiltely disagree >:C

In the emh version you still had stark creating it with pym, so that's not the issue, the issue is having ultron ( who is supposed to be a strong personality) being solely stark responsability. The ultron movie didnt need to touch on pym other than references, to just claim out stark as the super duper guy that can do everything and is connected to everyone you create a bloated nexus, it doesnt allow the mcu to develop more. Imagine if tomorrow dr strange movie was announced and stark was actually dr strange , or luke cage movie come up and stark was doing the experiments that gave him steel skin. You need to let the universe properly grow imo.

Also simon pegg should be pym, just saying.
#235  July 25, 2013, 09:35:36 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Speaking of Pym, I heard he's going to be in the Ant-Man movie.....and he'll be like 70 years old. While Scott fucking Lang is going to be the main character (if they don't change it to O'Grady at the last minute).
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#236  July 25, 2013, 09:38:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
its not clear so far.

Originaly ( before mcu become a thing ) it was going to be an adaptation of "To steal an antman" with pym as a seventy year old inventor and lang stealing his stuff.

Marvel forced them to do a rewriter, its not clear if the rewrite will keep the same tone or what.
I really hope they ditch Lang cuz he was the blandest of all antmen, his characterization was basically "HAS A DAUGHTER"
#237  July 26, 2013, 09:45:22 am
    • USA
There was also gonna be flashbacks of Pym being Ant-Man in the 60s, I think? But those rumors came out, what, almost a decade ago?

In the emh version you still had stark creating it with pym, so that's not the issue, the issue is having ultron ( who is supposed to be a strong personality) being solely stark responsability. The ultron movie didnt need to touch on pym other than references, to just claim out stark as the super duper guy that can do everything and is connected to everyone you create a bloated nexus, it doesnt allow the mcu to develop more.
But, uh, Stark already is a super duper guy in the movies. He already has an advanced AI developed (JARVIS) and is an expert at designing super advanced robotics. He doesn't need Pym to make the AI, if in fact Stark ends up developing Ultron in the new movie, and if it ends up with him developing it alone. If it does end up being Stark, it will likely stem from the whole Iron legion thing (I forgot the official name, sue me), which I think would be pretty interesting. A token reference to Pym would only cheapen Pym himself, I think, more so than just cutting him out.

Imagine if tomorrow dr strange movie was announced and stark was actually dr strange
But that's not even remotely the same thing. Pym is more than just the creator of Ultron (and more than just the guy who slapped his wife once). It really isn't vital to Ultron as a character and as a narrative device that he is created by a guy named Hank Pym, what is vital is that a superhero created it in an act of unthinking hubris and didn't realize the consequences of their actions. Seems like that would fit Stark to a T. And moviegoers have a deep relationship and care deeply about Stark, and not a random dude named Hank Pym, having Pym make the AI portion would basically deflect most of the responsibility for Ultron onto Pym, and not Stark. I really think it's the best, most logical choice to exclude Pym from it, and have Stark fill in.

We don't need more Brits playing AMERICAN superheroes!!! >:[
#238  July 26, 2013, 12:14:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
There was also gonna be flashbacks of Pym being Ant-Man in the 60s, I think? But those rumors came out, what, almost a decade ago?
Yeah pym as an old ass super hero that lang was stealing for, it was really crappy. The whole Pym as dr who thing they have got going on for the last ten years is cooler.

In the emh version you still had stark creating it with pym, so that's not the issue, the issue is having ultron ( who is supposed to be a strong personality) being solely stark responsability. The ultron movie didnt need to touch on pym other than references, to just claim out stark as the super duper guy that can do everything and is connected to everyone you create a bloated nexus, it doesnt allow the mcu to develop more.
But, uh, Stark already is a super duper guy in the movies. He already has an advanced AI developed (JARVIS) and is an expert at designing super advanced robotics. He doesn't need Pym to make the AI, if in fact Stark ends up developing Ultron in the new movie, and if it ends up with him developing it alone. If it does end up being Stark, it will likely stem from the whole Iron legion thing (I forgot the official name, sue me), which I think would be pretty interesting. A token reference to Pym would only cheapen Pym himself, I think, more so than just cutting him out.
I disagrees. Jarvis was never said to have been made by Stark. By making him the core of everything invention related you pretty much exclude all other scientists. He might as well also invent pym particles and create modok, because at this point this also makes him the inventor of vision by proxy.

Imagine if tomorrow dr strange movie was announced and stark was actually dr strange
But that's not even remotely the same thing. Pym is more than just the creator of Ultron (and more than just the guy who slapped his wife once). It really isn't vital to Ultron as a character and as a narrative device that he is created by a guy named Hank Pym, what is vital is that a superhero created it in an act of unthinking hubris and didn't realize the consequences of their actions. Seems like that would fit Stark to a T. And moviegoers have a deep relationship and care deeply about Stark, and not a random dude named Hank Pym, having Pym make the AI portion would basically deflect most of the responsibility for Ultron onto Pym, and not Stark. I really think it's the best, most logical choice to exclude Pym from it, and have Stark fill in.
You need the moviegoers to start spreading their interest by other characters, otherwise you might as well have ironman show up in guardians of the galaxy to atract moviegoers and who does th--- BEEEEEEEEEENDIS!

We don't need more Brits playing AMERICAN superheroes!!! >:[

When the cornettos come, you will be the first against the wall.
#239  July 26, 2013, 12:28:52 pm
    • USA
I disagrees. Jarvis was never said to have been made by Stark. By making him the core of everything invention related you pretty much exclude all other scientists. He might as well also invent pym particles and create modok, because at this point this also makes him the inventor of vision by proxy.
JARVIS just makes more sense as being made by Stark; Occam's razor and all that stuff. At the very least, he upgraded JARVIS to allow it to simultaneously pilot 40+ Iron Man suits; he's clearly no slouch at AI development. Stark developing Ultron is just one thing, it doesn't mean he should be taking over the entire movieverse. There are already plenty of scientists that have been introduced already (Dr. Selvig, Dr. Natalie Portman) that cover areas Stark has no experience in, the same would be true of Pym particles and the like.

I almost Maya Hansen and Adrian Killian, but, well, Stark was able to half-assedly fix most of their problems, so... :-X

You need the moviegoers to start spreading their interest by other characters, otherwise you might as well have ironman show up in guardians of the galaxy to atract moviegoers and who does th--- BEEEEEEEEEENDIS!
The nature of Ultron's creation requires a character that moviegoers will be very familiar with, IMO. Pym just won't do, even if he was the entire focus of the Ant-Man movie.
#240  July 31, 2013, 05:58:41 am
    • USA
Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:11:25 am by Jmorphman