YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2851954 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Ants in your pants edition
#1261  September 02, 2014, 03:37:15 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
he was too busy not paying his taxes :p

I think with a reboot he'll obviously do the role justice again. he's a extremely perfect fit for blade, other than Michael Jai White (who I think would be better, but snipes name is more known.)
#1262  September 02, 2014, 04:43:57 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
While Snipes did a excellent job in the first Blade and the second one was decent, he's too old if they are going to do anything but a one off. I love Michael Jai White and while he is a little younger than snipes (46) he doesnt fit the role enough in my mind but i would accept him and we could do a lot worse. In a perfect world i would be able to put what Wesley Snipes did in the first Blade into Marrese Crump.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#1263  September 02, 2014, 11:32:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1264  September 02, 2014, 11:41:38 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Danny Glover? Isn't he too old?

ok, but for real, I've only seen Donald Glover in comedic stuff, and I'm not sure how good he'd be as a super serious, brooding vampire slayer.
#1265  September 02, 2014, 11:51:21 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
he has to be kidding, glover as blade would be a horrible choice.
#1266  September 02, 2014, 04:09:32 pm
  • Haters are toys
Danny Glover? Isn't he too old?

ok, but for real, I've only seen Donald Glover in comedic stuff, and I'm not sure how good he'd be as a super serious, brooding vampire slayer.
I think he means Donald Glover the rap star/Actor on 30 rock

However, the Danny Glover you're thinking about would make a great T'Chaka, his voice alone makes him perfect for the roll.

negative attention, all because of Wesley Snipes. :megaeyes:
You seriously don't see a problem here?
he was too busy not paying his taxes :p
See J? Panther deserves a fresh start without the past garbage casting Snipes would bring........ Snipes is 'to old for this $hit'  ::)
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:19:01 pm by Sky79
#1267  September 02, 2014, 04:27:30 pm
    • USA
... I don't even know where to begin with that, Jesus Christ. I guess I'll go point-by-point:

- I know who Donal Glover is. I talk about him in the same goddamn post you're quoting, directly after making a Danny Glover joke. holy fucking shit what is wrong with you

- Snipes did fine in Expendables 3. There was no major outcry that he was cast in the film, and his presence didn't cause it to flop (the movie did however do fairly poorly at the box office, however not because of Snipes, but because it was leaked online weeks in advance of its release at the box office)

- Snipes isn't doing Black Panther, he was rumored to reprise his role of Blade, the character he almost single-handedly took from being a relatively obscure Tomb of Dracula character to a widely successful character supporting a trilogy of movies. If he wants to do another Blade movie, and actually acts in it? I don't really see the problem.
#1268  September 02, 2014, 04:43:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I was joking with Donald Glover but i rather have a younger actor than Snipes solely because i dont trust Snipes to act.
#1269  September 02, 2014, 04:47:15 pm
    • USA
Apparently he did well in Expendables 3, maybe his time in prison got his head straightened out?

GOH

#1270  September 02, 2014, 05:47:03 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
lol you're still replying to Sky79
#1271  September 02, 2014, 06:10:31 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#1272  September 02, 2014, 06:15:17 pm
  • Haters are toys
- Snipes did fine in Expendables 3. There was no major outcry that he was cast in the film,---

And that means what? Dude 'The Expendables' was designed to be just was it is, a brain-dead action movie franchise.

Is that what Blade is to you?
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1273  September 02, 2014, 06:40:03 pm
    • USA
Blade is not exactly a deep character. None of his movies are anything other than dumb action films, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, provided that the movie is good. And the first two Blade movies succeeded at exactly that.
#1274  September 02, 2014, 08:00:50 pm
  • SNK is life
#1275  September 02, 2014, 10:34:12 pm
  • Haters are toys
Blade is not exactly a deep character. None of his movies are anything other than dumb action films, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, provided that the movie is good. And the first two Blade movies succeeded at exactly that.

There is no such animal.

Your lunch with Megan Fox, Joel Schumacher and Michael Bay still on?

Edit:

Ok-ok I'll admit, "dumb action films" have their place, they are a 'guilty pleasure' for me at times, but dammit I know Blade is more then that, if they can make a guy that tells a story while waiting for a bus or a guy who dresses in black rubber to beat up a clown Oscar worthy, we can do better then Wesley Snipes.
Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:43:06 pm by Sky79
#1276  September 02, 2014, 11:39:49 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Please, just, stop.

#1277  September 03, 2014, 12:43:09 am
    • USA
I would never in a million years call Michael Bay's movies dumb action films (well, a few, but not really anything post-Armageddon), because you still need a brain to be dumb. And a heart, a soul, wit, the ability to shoot action scenes, and the wisdom to not put racist robots in your movie, and...

"Dumb" might sound overly pejorative, but I'm not sure what a better term would be. Not all movies should be about exploring deep themes or feature elaborate character studies, some movie should just go nuts and have fun; variety is the spice of life, after all. And of course some movies do a little of both, like most of the Marvel movies, for instance; but they can never go as deep as a purely cerebral one, because they've still got explosions and shit to do! I can't really say Blade has tried to do the latter, whether it be in comics or film, unless... I will now attempt a redemptive reading of the Blade films and try to discern some deeper meaning from them:

Blade: a working class black man fights against the white, entrenched power structure of the upper class who parasitically feed off on the 99%; Blade faces off against both old and new money, finding them both lacking and equally as despicable. Thus, he injects their crazy blood god thing with this serum that makes blood explode and then he says "Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill", reflecting the futility of their self destructive behavior in the long run.

Blade II: builds on the themes of the first one by providing an opportunity for Blade to unite with the elite against a common enemy; however, he knows they are not to be trusted and sure enough, they betray him, confirming that tearing down the establishment is the only way to achieve material social progress.

Blade Trinity: Blade teams up with Van Wilder and iPod Lady to fight shitty, boring Dracula. Also, Patton Oswalt is there.

well that was a fun diversion from all this stupidity, I guess! Pretty much the only reason why I replied, to be honest.
#1278  September 03, 2014, 03:43:09 am
  • Haters are toys
Again with race?
Blade: a working class black man fights against the white, entrenched power structure of the upper class who parasitically feed off on the 99%

:uhoh: I'm glad you're joking about that....I mean WTF.

Ultimately, Blade is a horror/thriller franchise,  'Vampires control everything in the shadows' is just the setting. They need to get back to it, fight scenes are suppose to be story driven, not the other way around. 
#1279  September 03, 2014, 12:02:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1280  September 06, 2014, 04:53:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。