YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557252 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3 Beta 8.4 (updated 01/11/12)
#281  February 05, 2012, 07:49:38 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
VT, I figured what happens with the linked sprites bug:

- If you hit SAVE or SAVE ALL it corrupts the SFF.
- But if you hit SAVE AS (or backup) works perfectly.
#282  February 06, 2012, 06:28:29 pm
  • triggerhappy1 = !time
Sorry, I'm that syntax-freak XD

StageVar trigger would be fine if:

a) In the trigger section it seems like:
Code:
<trigger name="stagevar" type="const" minver="1.0"/>
b) In the consts area, to add:
Code:
  <consts name="stagevar">
    <const name="info.author"/>
    <const name="info.displayname"/>
    <const name="info.name"/>
  </consts>

Sorry if you already fix it ^^'

Luck, pal o/
#283  February 08, 2012, 12:48:21 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Someone interested in another private beta testing?  :twisted:

I will reply all feedbacks later, so thanks for now! I'm back  :)
#284  February 08, 2012, 01:16:06 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
* Jesuszilla raises hand
#285  February 08, 2012, 01:31:39 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
*Raises Hand*
#286  February 08, 2012, 01:43:45 am
Burguertime Haises Rand
\\\" It`s so easy to rewrite history when the few that know the truth are made unable to speak for themselves\\\"
Alexander, the last scenario...
#287  February 08, 2012, 02:29:17 am
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • akkuis1173.me.pn/
#288  February 08, 2012, 02:46:16 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I've been using the last one you gave me and i believe ignored 2 updates after it on the basis i didn't want to lose the features you'd added in this one and i wasn't sure if they were in the others  ;P

My only gripes at the moment are

Default initial palette is 0,0 whereas mugen wants 1,1
New animations are an arbitrary number.

I have already posted these but they're small comments and just centralising. If anyone is REALLY enthusiastic, you could go through the thread and conglomerate the reports?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#289  February 08, 2012, 03:49:49 am
  • Glorified Verison of a Pellet Gun
the only thing i really could ask for is some improvements to the palette editor, since its the one thing I like a little less than the originals. (Though, only so much so)

Mostly, I'd really like for the gradient tool to remember the two colors you had selected, in case you want to make a minor change to an existing gradient. I'd also like some sort of hotkey or way to double click a color just to edit it instead of hitting that button.

Really, though, minor nitpicks, I'm entirely happy with this program.
#290  February 08, 2012, 04:17:36 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Beta Testing?

Oh me! Pick me!  ;D
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#291  February 08, 2012, 06:20:55 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
VirtuallTek PLEASE allow loading of 2 different characters into testing.
 Use the drop down menu from import sprites from character to select for testing! It'd help streamline the killing of certain bugs when fighting particular enemies! I find that most characters have problems with throws. You can set up your character so that the bug doesnt appear vs itself, but when fighting other characters frames will be missing. I think it'd be useful to a lot of people.
You could make it so that if only one character is open then mugen just runs, but if two are open a pop up menu will ask which character to fight.

If anyone agrees, please, second this idea.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#292  February 08, 2012, 06:27:31 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
But you can set that up in options. Just swap the %0 for the name of the thing you wanna fight. You can tell it stage as well

I often have %0 kfm -s rocknroll

Which gives me vs KFM on a super jump stage (rocknroll is super jump enabled cos i made it) You could potentially set up lots and lots of mugen's each with different options if you want to randomise the character a lot.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#293  February 08, 2012, 07:22:33 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Ah, see if you hadnt pointed this out I'd never know. I had no clue that's what the %0 meant. I still think it'd be nice. And knowing this it seems like it'd be pretty easy to implement.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#294  February 08, 2012, 07:37:49 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
No i mean it IS implemented. It's not something he has to implement at all.

Open options. Add another mugen. Give it the character lines you want. Save. Play. FF3 will give you a dropdown box allowing you to pick which one you want to use. If you name them Mugen "character" rather than just mugen you'll know which is which.

Basically, this is done, learn to use the program a bit more.

#295  February 08, 2012, 10:17:32 am
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
I'm starting to work on new character which will be a perfect opportunity for beta testing, so yeah, definitely interested.
#296  February 08, 2012, 04:46:37 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
One thing that really bugs me: if the search bar is already present and I press Ctrl+F, it hides it.  Surely it should just place the cursor in the search field?  (like in Firefox for example).  I'm always hitting Ctrl+F to search, accidentally hiding the search bar and then typing my query into the code window.

Another thing: what is the command line syntax for FF3?  That is, how do I launch it and have it open a specific character?  I want to be able to right-click a def file and open it with FF3, but it always seems to open it with a blank project when I try this.

Finally a suggestion: would it be possible to right-click on (for example) a state number, and have a menu option to move to the definition of that statedef?  Better yet, if say Ctrl was held down, hovering over the state number would turn it into a hyperlink that led to the definition (I've been using Delphi recently so I stole the idea from there :XD:).  Potentially this could work for anim numbers, sound numbers, etc.

Thanks and congrats for a fantastic tool   :gugoi:
#297  February 08, 2012, 05:21:20 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
One thing that really bugs me: if the search bar is already present and I press Ctrl+F, it hides it.  Surely it should just place the cursor in the search field?  (like in Firefox for example).  I'm always hitting Ctrl+F to search, accidentally hiding the search bar and then typing my query into the code window.
+1 to this suggestion

#298  February 08, 2012, 05:40:29 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
At the time, people that will receive the Beta 9 (note: I'm counting now only those who know how to use the program  ;)):
- O Ilusionista
- AnArquiA B.
- Cyanide
- Jesuszilla
- SXVector
- _Josue_
- Seravy

The first Beta 9 will be private due to the high risk of a data loss. It features:

- Improved the caching system
- Implicit sharing for sprites and palettes (no-link feature)
- AIR full text mode (fully functional, and a lot better than the first attempt)
- When the project is a stage, the AIR editor will be redirected to de DEF document, allowing to edit animations directly in the DEF
- Undo/redo on AIR
- State controller template list unlocked on CMD
- Run in Mugen now copy files that aren't opened

About the last feedbacks:

The %0 in the run in Mugen means current tab. You can use %1 to first tab, %2 to the second tab, ...

@DrKelexo: OK.

OK

Another thing: what is the command line syntax for FF3?  That is, how do I launch it and have it open a specific character?  I want to be able to right-click a def file and open it with FF3, but it always seems to open it with a blank project when I try this.
Is planned.  ;)

Finally a suggestion: would it be possible to right-click on (for example) a state number, and have a menu option to move to the definition of that statedef?  Better yet, if say Ctrl was held down, hovering over the state number would turn it into a hyperlink that led to the definition (I've been using Delphi recently so I stole the idea from there :XD:).  Potentially this could work for anim numbers, sound numbers, etc.
Yes, I'm planning to make it. But is a bit complex and will wait more.  :)

Thanks and congrats for a fantastic tool   :gugoi:
:sugoi:

About the syntax issues, I fixed almost all of them. I will work more on it later.

Thanks!
#299  February 08, 2012, 06:21:34 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I'm not sure if you have received this piece of feedback, but it seems to be something that you should look at.

Here is a problem that should be taken care of as soon as possible.

While editing some characters this morning, I noticed that all of the animation numbers were zeroed out in the number box even though it is not zero:

Can you fix it as soon as possible?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#300  February 08, 2012, 06:31:35 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
This feedback doesn't apply to the Beta 9 now because I changed all AIR related code to implement the full text mode.
But, if you hit save, the text file contains zeros or the right numbers?